Wheel of Fortune is coming to SeaWorld
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel of Fortune is coming to SeaWorld

Follow FGCUSabre On Twitter Add FGCUSabre on Facebook Add FGCUSabre on MySpace
    Visit FGCUSabre's Youtube Channel

Wheel of Fortune is coming to SeaWorld

Wheel of Fortune is coming to SeaWorld Orlando. In fact, co-host Vanna White is already here.

The game show, hosted by Pat Sajak, will be taping 20 shows in front of live audiences at the theme park this December. The episodes are expected to air in 2009.

This week, Vanna is shooting spots highlighting the park and its animals. She'll also venture to Aquatica, SeaWorld's new water park, and to other spots in Central Florida, including Leu Gardens, the shops of Winter Park and the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes resort.

"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." Walt Disney

Man, I wish it was summer so I could see.

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    That will be cool to see! Hopefully it'll be free!

Cool. I wonder why they chose seaworld though?

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    I think they chose seaworld because they wanted to.

Either that or they got paid money! Seriously...people of ALL ages watch that show.

My parents watch it, my grandma, neighbors, etc. I think since Seaworld is geared as a more family park - than universal - prob. played a role in the selection process.

Granted - I am not saying Universal is not for families - but compared side by side...people of all ages might find Seaworld more fun than just a thrill park. If that makes any sense.

"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." Walt Disney

I wonder if tickets will be free.

Follow allienoves On Twitter Add allienoves on Facebook
    Hmm..very interesting..future tivo taping???

TiVo still exists? That I did not know. lol

tivo has a big following. but i do not understand why not more commericial pvrs are not available. in fact i never see any other than tivo.

tivo sucks in my opinion cause it required a monthly fee.
    which since it really is just an electronic vcr...is dumb.

ajent Guest
    Sweet, i'll be there at least for 1 show.
    In full OU gear for national television..

Maybe I will see you there, ajent.

Filled out the be a contestant info hoping they take some people from the area. If not just want to go see a few tapings. Wife loves to watch it and think it would be fun.

Should be fun, I would love for someone to scream out, ORLANDO UNITED.

Hey everyone, found this on Channel 9 (orlando abc) station:

Wheel of Fortune Wheelmobile

The 39-foot Winnebago known as the Wheelmobile tours nationwide in search of contestants for television's #1 game show and it's coming to Central Florida! Wheel of Fortune is holding four special days of Wheelmobile Contestant Search events in Central Florida.WHEELMOBILE STOP 1 The first Central Florida stop for the Wheelmobile is SeaWorld Orlando, Saturday and Sunday, September 27th and 28th, from 2:00pm until 6:00pm.The Wheelmobile event will take place inside SeaWorld Orlando's SeaHarbor Pavilions. The main entrance for SeaWorld Orlando is on Central Florida Parkway between International Drive and Sea Harbor Drive. No admission is necessary to attend the Wheelmobile event. There is a $10.00 parking cost to park a vehicle at SeaWorld Orlando (rates subject to change). By notifying the parking attendants at SeaWorld Orlando's Toll Plaza, they will direct Wheelmobile attendees to the appropriate parking location and entrance for the event.WHEELMOBILE STOP 2 Next, the Wheelmobile will swing into Seminole Towne Center, Saturday and Sunday, October 4th and 5th, from 2:00pm until 6:00pm.The Wheelmobile event will be held in a grassy portion of Seminole Towne Center's parking lot. The event space will be adjacent to the United Artist Theaters and Sears Auto Center buildings.EVENT DETAILSThe Wheelmobile Central Florida events are held outdoors and may be modified and/or cancelled due to inclement weather. If poor weather causes the cancellation of an event day, efforts will be made to accept applications at the location(s) during the event hours. Applicants will be randomly-selected for a chance to participate in a final round of auditions. The final round of auditions will take place in the Orlando area at a later date.Come out to one of our Central Florida Wheelmobile events to qualify for a contestant audition. You could be spinning the wheel and winning cash and fabulous prizes right here at SeaWorld Orlando. The Wheelmobile is your first step to getting on to these shows!How does it work?• There are three shows at a Wheelmobile event. Each show lasts approximately one hour.
    • Shows will be held at SeaWorld Orlando on Saturday and Sunday, September 27th and 28th at 2 PM, 3:30 PM, and 5 PM.
    • Additional shows will be held at Seminole Town Center on Saturday and Sunday, October 4th & 5th at 2 PM, 3:30 PM and 5 PM.
    • You do not need to arrive hours in advance. We will distribute applications approximately one hour before each show begins.
    • Everyone who comes to a Wheelmobile event will receive a color-coded application. The color of the application tells you what time the show you are eligible for will begin.
    • Fill out your application and drop it in a nearby receptacle. Just before show time, we will put all the applications in a gold drum that sits on the stage.
    • When the show begins, our Wheelmobile host will pick applications at random from the drum and call participants up to the stage (in groups of five) to play the game.
    • On stage, we will do a brief interview with each contestant and play a version of the Wheel of Fortune Speed-Up Round.
    • Each person who comes up to the stage will be evaluated as a potential contestant for the show. At the end of the puzzle, all contestants on stage will be awarded a prize (Wheel of Fortune hats, t-shirts and duffle bags are just some of the stuff you might win).
    • Wheel of Fortune is looking for good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. This is your opportunity to shine. Show us what you've got!
    • After all the Wheelmobile events in the Central Florida area have been conducted, we will choose the people we believe will be the best candidates for the show (based on their overall performance on stage) to take part in a final round of auditions. These final auditions will take place in the Central Florida area in September and October 2008.
    • We will get as many people up to the stage as we can. However, we know there will be many more folks at Wheelmobile events than we can possibly audition. For this reason, we will reserve some slots in the final auditions for those individuals who attended Wheelmobile events but did not make it up to the stage. After all Wheelmobile events have been conducted, we will draw a number of names at random from all the applications we receive in the Central Florida area to award these slots.
    • If you are invited to the final auditions, you will receive a letter or e-mail within a few weeks after our last Wheelmobile event.What are the contestant eligibility requirements?• You must be at least 18 years of age.
    • You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Television International, Quadra Productions, Inc., CBS Television Distribution Group, game show prize suppliers, WFTV-TV (including its advertisers and affiliated radio stations), or any TV stations or networks broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
    • You are not eligible to appear on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on another game show, relationship show, dating show or reality show in the last year or any three of the above types of shows in the last ten years.
    • You are not eligible if you have appeared on any version of Wheel of Fortune.
    • Attending a Wheelmobile event does not guarantee a final audition appointment or an appearance as a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
    • Selection to appear as a contestant on Wheel of Fortune is entirely at the producer's discretion.REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE FOR PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS AND/OR DISABILITIES.STUDIO AUDIENCE TICKET INFO
    We want you to be a part of our live studio audience! Check back at WFTV.com in October 2008 for your chance to get free tickets. These shows will be televised nationally in March and April of 2009. Watch Wheel of Fortune Weeknights, Monday thru Friday, at 7:30pm on WFTV 9-HD. For more information visit www.wheeloffortune.com

The taping at the mall, I am soooo there, it's like right next door to my job so even though I never watch the show I'm gonna audition, why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast