Coming Soon to Orlando United
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon to Orlando United

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel

Coming Soon to Orlando United

As many of you know, there have been a lot of changes to OU in the past 6 months. Some planned, some not.

The first, and biggest change, was our change to solely cover Universal Orlando. We do Universal right, and I think we have the right to claim that we are the best Universal-only forums to be a part of. In order to expand our coverage, we've always planned to do information on the Resort; such as rides, restaurants, etc..

For the past month, we finally have been working on those pages and are close to completion. Each page will have a basic run down of the attraction/restaurant, as well a photos, videos, and info you may need to know. Furthermore, there will be a Review system that will allow you to share your thoughts for each. Here's a sneak peek:

Other than some fine-tuning, this is the general look of what each page will entail.

As it stands, the Staff includes myself and Drew. I'm sure you've noticed, but we'd like to make a formal announcement to welcome Felipe as our newest Staff member and Frenzy as our correspondent.

As I'm sure you know, the Podcast is continuing, even with the retirement of Hatetofly. Drew and I have discussed in the past week some ideas to evolve the podcast beyond 2 guys BS'ing. We have some ideas of people we plan to interview (Some obvious, some not) and hopefully it all works out for the Dynamic Duo.

With the addition of Frenzy as correspondent, we are going to change how updates are delivered to you guys. In the coming month, we will be unveiling our "Across the Universe" photo update. Basically, a photo update of a day spent at the Universal Resort; which would include general happenings, and construction pics.

Lastly, I am planning to get a Chopper Run ready in the coming months before Potter opens. If you would like to help donate to the Choppa fund, you can either become a VIP member, or just simply donate by visiting this link: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/payments.php

We want to be the place where you get all the Universal information you can, and be the best at it. Hopefully these changes help us get down that road.

See ya around the boards!

Love the attraction pages and rating. Those should be great for increasing search engine hits to the site.

Follow Gambit On Twitter Add Gambit on Facebook
    Visit Gambit's Youtube Channel
    Love it! Do you plan on having all the restaurant menus online as well?

I can't wait to rate the attractions. It's the little things that excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Love it! Do you plan on having all the restaurant menus online as well?
    That is the ultimate goal. Maybe not when it's finally unveiled, but shortly after.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Very exciting stuff! I'm looking forward to the continued growth and success of OU!

This makes me very happy

Love the plans for OU. Felipe, congrats on becoming a member of staff. Frenzy, congrats on becoming a correspondent.
    Feel the power of Mjolnir....

Follow Gambit On Twitter Add Gambit on Facebook
    Visit Gambit's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    That is the ultimate goal. Maybe not when it's finally unveiled, but shortly after.
    Well if you need any help with the menus just let me know. I live just down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Well if you need any help with the menus just let me know. I live just down the street.
    Appreciate it! Will definitely let you know.

As far as the park pages, we have the core info in place. Height requirements, lockers available, basic info, fun facts, pics, some with video, and of course reviews. If there is something you feel that should be included, let us know and we'll add it if we haven't done so already.

If there is something you feel that should be included, let us know and we'll add it if we haven't done so already.
    I can't wait to rate the attractions! This may seem silly, but I think a 'nausea factor' rating would be helpful for rides.

People who are easily disoriented by coasters, spinning and motion simulators might like to know before they ride something. What do you think?
    Last edited by neoshinok; 04-03-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Not a bad idea. We can add several different criteria for it. Overall, Thrill factor, Kid Friendly, Nausea factor.. etc.

Congrats to Felipe and Frenzy! Very deserving choices, IMO!

Not a bad idea. We can add several different criteria for it. Overall, Thrill factor, Kid Friendly, Nausea factor.. etc.
    I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Tbad556 View Post
    Congrats to Felipe and Frenzy! Very deserving choices, IMO!
    Absolutely. Both are huge fans, great guys, and loyal as well. Looking forward to good things here.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast