Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 - Page 15
Page 15 of 566 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Visit Brervixen's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miketheboss View Post

The real diagon alley.
    I can't believe that, for The Shambles in Leeds is SO MUCH MORE like Diagon Alley it;s untrue, the first time I walked down it was like walking through a HP novel.

^ Yes, I have always heard that The Shambles was the inspiration too. I discovered this was the case 4-5 years ago. The cool thing is that you can Google streetview it, and I have.

Quote Originally Posted by jubs View Post
    Thematically, I'm pretty sure everyone (with damn few exceptions) is just as confused as we are to what this structure may represent. Hoping someone, ANYONE, can drop us some more hints from "on high"?
    I have seen the structure referred to as "Elevated Train Bridge". I know that doesn't make much sense, but that's what I have seen.

Follow bobwadd On Twitter
    Visit bobwadd's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Bob, your pictures aren't showing up. Displaying a photobucket bandwidth notice.
    Fixed

Follow badlactose On Twitter
    Follow badlactose on Tumblr Follow badlactose on Flickr Visit badlactose's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brervixen View Post
    I can't believe that, for The Shambles in Leeds is SO MUCH MORE like Diagon Alley it;s untrue, the first time I walked down it was like walking through a HP novel.
    When I visited the UK, I was obsessed with buildings such as those in your pic that were sagging and warped with age. They seem to defy gravity in some cases.
    And from the look of all the wonky, curvy framing in the Diagon construction site, it looks like Universal Creative is going to deliver on that!

Add cameronw99 on Facebook
    I hope the london waterfront is complete by the time I visit in Thanksgiving. Cant wait to see it in person. Last time I was there it was all dirt

Nice work on that video DH, looks great.

SW7 construction @ Alton Towers, UK.
    http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/

Follow Hockeyman55 On Twitter Add Hockeyman55 on Facebook
    Follow Hockeyman55 on Flickr
    Wrong dang chopper

Wrong Helicopter by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Bit late... but, great pictures/video guys. All looks amazing so far!! Gonna be strange going to Uni in the near future & seeing little bits of London... Hopefully it'll all look very realistic in the end & being a Londoner I hopefully won't be going "That doesn't look right! That bit there.. *points*...* I trust Uni.

Hockeyman, that's funny.

So, where in hell is HTF and his south station roof explanation? Damn it... I want answers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Hockeyman, that's funny.

So, where in hell is HTF and his south station roof explanation? Damn it... I want answers!!!
    Just logged on, baby duty comes first lol. As for why the roof isn't so much what I was going to talk about but its the set up you see now before the tree's go in. Give me a min to explain

- - - Updated - - -

Edit! See what happens when I get rushed teebs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman55 View Post
    Wrong dang chopper

Wrong Helicopter by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr
    No one ever had to know. Your secret was safe with me.

Great shot anyway!

And if it helps, this is one of the choppers that the company we used owns. Just the wrong bird.

Add Accio Butterbeer on Facebook
    I just noticed this thread, been very busy this week. But EXCELLENT shots Bob! Being able to see the Gringotts entrance already showing up in the construction got me all geeked up! And these pictures you took made Diagon Alley look a hell of a lot bigger than I anticipated!
    Last edited by Accio Butterbeer; 10-08-2013 at 10:56 PM.

^ Thanks for the compliment but let's not forget other were involved. Disneyhead, our buddy from across the pond. Let's not forget the ground crew Hockeyman55 and Dianne.

Ok so lets talk South Station and mind you I this is all "guessing"

So the actual exterior will be loaded with elevation changes, embankments, and tons I mean tons of vegetation. For those wondering or in Skips case worried about the Sinbad building please don't. When you walk up the South station entry the exit is on the left, express up the middle, and stand bye to the right. The stand bye queue wraps around behind the Sinbad building and then heads indoors where it continues on the first floor before finally heading to level 2 where you enter the loading platform.

Once you reach the loading platform or level 2 you will quickly notice an iron and wood overhand, with tons of iron work, complemented with outstanding stone work. Oh and not to mention your still outside... Yes inside this platform "box" will be a live very dense outdoor pine forest to act as a visual barrier for the dragons and drown out any additional sound. The concrete wall you see between the station and Ice will act as the primary sound barrier. I'd say those walls are about 2' thick, just guessing

You will notice below in this picture the green box which I "think" will be the pine forrest. The red box will be where all guests exit the attraction and walk past the ultra realistic Hogwarts locomotive as its blowing steam and is activating other special effects. Please note this will be your only opportunity to see the loco* The pink line will be exit path and will not have to pass through any other turnstiles. The orange path is express and the blue path is stand bye. Both of these will pass through the turnstile booth some have mentioned on previous pages. That booth by the way will also have stroller parking to the left and a ticket upgrade center on the right.

I just want to point out again that everything I mention here is complete and random guesses Now prepare yourself for a terrible paint job on Bobs amazing photo!

Page 15 of 566 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast