Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 - Page 75
Page 75 of 566 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 8481

Thread: Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    So, for you everyday visitors, have you a sense of how many of the current visitors to the WW are completely new and on their first visit to mecca? Does the allure still hold?
    I'm there almost (literally) every day, for work or play. Although I don't really converse with anyone, most of these people are in awe at the beauty of Hogsmeade - taking pictures, buying merch, eating and drinking. Friday, for instance, Hogsmeade seemed to be populated by all of Asia (lots of Asian tourists). Seems to me that a lot of people still are very new to the land. I also tend to overhear a lot when passing by.. many foreign accents and languages. So, I cannot confirm that these visitors are first timers, but my sights and sounds tell me otherwise.

Follow batsmouth On Twitter Add batsmouth on Facebook
    Visit batsmouth's Youtube Channel
    So, for you everyday visitors, have you a sense of how many of the current visitors to the WW are completely new and on their first visit to mecca? Does the allure still hold?

The area will always have that allure, not everybody in the world can afford to come to florida all the time. A lot of people will visit just the once for that "lifetime holiday." I know I can't afford to go every year

Also @hatetofly can you reveal how far behind they are, like what stage they should be at currently.

Follow bobwadd On Twitter
    Visit bobwadd's Youtube Channel
    Great pics, GGGhost. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    The project is behind schedule so we will see what happens and what gets cut as a result of the delay. The date I was told is June 10th but that was 2 months ago and haven't pushed to find out if anything has changed.
    I think we can assume it won't be that early. Summer doesn't start until June 21, and this video specifically states "Summer 2014." (It also has a little more discussion about the project and its conception than the clips I've seen from the media event.)

Follow batsmouth On Twitter Add batsmouth on Facebook
    Visit batsmouth's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGhost View Post
    I think we can assume it won't be that early. Summer doesn't start until June 21, and this video specifically states "Summer 2014." (It also has a little more discussion about the project and its conception than the clips I've seen from the media event.)

The WWOHP said summer and was open literally in softs on June 1st. Hopefully they catch up with schedule

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    The project is behind schedule so we will see what happens and what gets cut as a result of the delay. The date I was told is June 10th but that was 2 months ago and haven't pushed to find out if anything has changed.
    I do hope it is in late June/early July just because after the conference I'm attending would be great to check it out without having to pay a dime

Quote Originally Posted by batsmouth View Post
    The WWOHP said summer and was open literally in softs on June 1st. Hopefully they catch up with schedule
    Actually, WWOHP phase 1 was marketed as coming "Spring 2010" and made it with only a couple days to spare to keep that promise, officially opening on June 18th.

Come hell or high water, they will have this thing open in June. There are too many pieces they are aligning for it not to come to fruition. Cabana Bay, Citywalk, CM blackouts etc.

They want and are planning for it to be open in June and in that case they'll either open their wallets or make cuts.

It would be a different story if this were a year + out, but 6 months seems too late to slam on the brakes.

Visit TheLastAshen's Youtube Channel
    ... So I was in front of London this afternoon and saw a friend from afar and waved to her with my iPhone in hand on camera mode…
    Last edited by TheLastAshen; 12-15-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Follow ReelJustice On Twitter Add ReelJustice on Facebook Add ReelJustice on Google+
    ^wow
    "What have they got in there, King Kong?"-Dr. Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastAshen View Post
    ... So I was in front of London this afternoon and saw a friend from afar and waved to her with my iPhone in hand on camera mode…
    What a fortunate "coincidence"! Thanks for the great photo!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastAshen View Post
    Great perspective TLA! How tall are you to get your hand above those 8' walls? Is that lavender trim Weasley's Wizzing Wusses (whatever the name)?

Visit TheLastAshen's Youtube Channel

Great perspective TLA! How tall are you to get your hand above those 8' walls? Is that lavender trim Weasley's Wizzing Wusses (whatever the name)?
    I know him from the Phase 1 days. Needless to say I'm like 6'2 and I have to look up

Follow badlactose On Twitter
    Follow badlactose on Tumblr Follow badlactose on Flickr Visit badlactose's Youtube Channel
    Thanks for those pics, TheLastAshen! It's awesome seeing a new peek at Diagon Alley. And doors on Grimmauld place!

Page 75 of 566 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast