Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 - Page 69
Page 69 of 566 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 8481

Thread: Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    The Kuka arms will be utilized in Scene 7, which will be a 360 Degree Dome screen. The massive arms will "complete" the dome by placing large sections of screen in the riders path. Before you "escape" and launch (LSM 2) into Scene 8 Dark ******* the Kuka arms will "blast" the screens out of the RV's path.

How's that...
    That... sounds freaking spectacular! I can't wait!

BTW, this is pretty cool:
    "Diagon Alley at Night - December 9, 2013" from @UORBuzz

PS: Welcome to the new members!

I just hope the coaster part isn't as thrilling as mummy. I'm a bit of a ride chicken

So here are a couple of questions I haven't seen answered:
    1) Will they be "prettying up" the parts of the train tracks that are visible from onstage, or is what we see what we're going to get?
    2) Is there going to be ANY sort of phased opening? I'm assuming Rowling wouldn't let it happen, buy I have to imagine that Uni is ready to open a butter beer location on the Studios side ASAP.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    No phased opening! That's not to say that The Hogwarts Express won't soft open before the rest of DA. But for the Grand Opening, all will be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    BTW, this is pretty cool:
    "Diagon Alley at Night - December 9, 2013" from @UORBuzz
    Thanks for posting the video Felipe. I find it curious that they didn't yet distress the window frames of #12 while they had the scaffolding up... Perhaps AG wants to sit on a milk crate and watch every stroke of the brush unimpeded.

Follow ReelJustice On Twitter Add ReelJustice on Facebook Add ReelJustice on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Perhaps AG wants to sit on a milk crate and watch every stroke of the brush unimpeded.
    Good lord, could you imagine?

And I suppose for the finer details, it's easier to do via cherry picker or scissor lift. Scaffolding probably throws off lighting and adds shadows.
    "What have they got in there, King Kong?"-Dr. Ian Malcolm

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    They didn't take down the scaffolding because they are idiots. But I would be surprised if it has anything to do with the 12/12/13 announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    They didn't take down the scaffolding because they are idiots.
    I hope that you aren't suggesting that I am calling anyone idiots. I was merely being curious as to why it wasn't done while the scaffolding was in place.

Quote Originally Posted by TubaGeek View Post
    So here are a couple of questions I haven't seen answered:
    1) Will they be "prettying up" the parts of the train tracks that are visible from onstage, or is what we see what we're going to get?
    2) Is there going to be ANY sort of phased opening? I'm assuming Rowling wouldn't let it happen, buy I have to imagine that Uni is ready to open a butter beer location on the Studios side ASAP.
    Over time you will see changes made to the section by Beetlejuice. Before Grand Open? Maybe but nothing is for sure yet. I'll tell you this the one area I'm concerned we "lose" the magic is the HE extended overflow at the North Station.

No phased openings. The North Station is one of the furthest buildings behind schedule. Many aspects of this project are behind schedule so the main thing I'm concerned with is ride effects that could be cut at the last minute in order to open on time. It happened at the FJ and it could happen here.

Came across these today:

FOUNTIAN OF FAIR FORTUNE/FLOREAN FORTESCUE'S:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...A2CD9C85A07C51

LEAKY CAULDRON:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...F71A0AC7ED0486

LONDON FOOD CART:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...F4F820C792E60F

Not really anything new/groundbreaking, but still nice to see a couple of locations being confirmed through permit filings.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRumors View Post
    Came across these today:

FOUNTIAN OF FAIR FORTUNE/FLOREAN FORTESCUE'S:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...A2CD9C85A07C51

LEAKY CAULDRON:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...F71A0AC7ED0486

LONDON FOOD CART:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Lic...F4F820C792E60F

Not really anything new/groundbreaking, but still nice to see a couple of locations being confirmed through permit filings.
    Do we know exactly what the Fountain of Fair Fortune in DA is? The name is taken from a popular Beedle the Bard tale. It was also the first play every put on by Hogwarts...

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jymmymack View Post
    Do we know exactly what the Fountain of Fair Fortune in DA is? The name is taken from a popular Beedle the Bard tale. It was also the first play every put on by Hogwarts...
    Could be the stage show Aiello has been working on for the land.
    AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!

These permits are for food service locations.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkRumors View Post
    These permits are for food service locations.
    Yes I'm aware. That's why I want to know why an eatery is named after a tale from Beedle the Bard.

So, while it has been established repeatedly that there won't be any phased openings, does this mean that the waterfront area will also remain off-limits until Diagon Alley is opened?

Page 69 of 566 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast