2016 Coaster Rumor - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 377

Thread: 2016 Coaster Rumor

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 27, 2009
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Posts
    187
    Follow coasterj On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaDuck View Post
    Is Jungala even still around?
    Yep for sure as HTF said, very popular and if I'm not mistaken they just re-painted a lot of it to keep it bright and shiny to match the Seasame area

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 25, 2009
    Location
    Port Richey Florida
    Posts
    833

    Visit knokout1's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezbat View Post
    The park could use both a hyper coaster and a dark ride. If it were up to me, I'd place a dark family ride in the plot of land behind Gwazi, build a hyper over the African Serengetti, and bring a new update simulator ride in place of the old Akbars Adventure Tours.
    There isn't really any space behind Gwazi. There's barely any room for the Gwazi plot to take, but nothing behind it that isn't already being used.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 27, 2010
    Location
    Oviedo, FL
    Posts
    1,433
    I'm also one of the few who like Gwazi, so I'm honestly hoping the rumor of Gwazi's removal is false. Don't get me wrong, a 2014 coaster would be great especially if we get that long-rumored hyper with the airtime Florida has needed for years! I'm just not sure about getting one at the expense of another coaster...

    That being said, some of the recent events about Gwazi (running Lion side only, using Tiger as a Quick Queue with a BRIDGE over the track, and dismantling the trains) do show a dark future for this ride. But I personally say refurbish it one more time (maybe with Topper Track or Iron Horse) and if that also doesn't improve the ride, then they can tear it out. In the meantime, pull the plug on Rhino Rally and build a new themed area including a hyper, a dark ride, some animal exhibits, and a new train station. RR takes up much more land than Gwazi and more goodies can be done in that area.

    Just my $0.02!


    Thanks JokerMan0925 for the sig!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 18, 2012
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    2,072
    Add USO92 on Facebook
    All this speak of putting ANOTHER coaster over the Serenghetti is a little far fetched and would destroy the plains. Cheetah Hunt blends nicely but putting yet another mammoth roller coaster in the premier part of the park?

    Overkill.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 18, 2013
    Location
    Orlando Florida
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by USO92 View Post
    All this speak of putting ANOTHER coaster over the Serenghetti is a little far fetched and would destroy the plains. Cheetah Hunt blends nicely but putting yet another mammoth roller coaster in the premier part of the park?

    Overkill.
    You're thinking too one dimensional. I envision a hyper coaster with a station back near Jungala and running down over Congo River Raoids and intersecting with Kumba...all the way to the end of the parks perimeter. That way the majority of the Serengetti is left untouched.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 18, 2012
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    2,072
    Add USO92 on Facebook
    I kept hearing Serengetti coaster...I wasnt thinking of Jungala

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 24, 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    4,668

    Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    I'm voting for a B&M launched coaster.

    But if memory serves me right, B&M has a several year waiting list. So for BGT to get a B&M for 2014, it would have had to either have been in the works for a while, or something B&M really wants to build.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 10, 2010
    Location
    NoRemorse Cemetery
    Posts
    6,482
    Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    I'm voting for a B&M launched coaster.

    But if memory serves me right, B&M has a several year waiting list. So for BGT to get a B&M for 2014, it would have had to either have been in the works for a while, or something B&M really wants to build.
    The coaster BGT just built has three of them, so I don't think they will add another coaster with a launch any time soon.

    b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 27, 2010
    Location
    Oviedo, FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    I'm voting for a B&M launched coaster.

    But if memory serves me right, B&M has a several year waiting list. So for BGT to get a B&M for 2014, it would have had to either have been in the works for a while, or something B&M really wants to build.
    BGT did just get a launch recently, so I don't think they need one anytime soon. This isn't Kings Dominion after all! I would like a B&M Launch someday, but at this point SWO makes more sense than BGT.

    This doesn't necessarily involve the current rumors about Gwazi, but my choice for a new B&M coaster would be either a hyper like Shambhala (or if they could, a giga like Leviathan), or a Wing Coaster like Gatekeeper. A nice keyhole structure like Cedar Point's (I'm talking about one like this but completely covered in rockwork and nice theming) only above the Serengeti Express would really be eye-appealing. :drool5:
    Last edited by StarTrekGeek; 01-26-2013 at 11:41 AM.


    Thanks JokerMan0925 for the sig!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 23, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by StarTrekGeek View Post
    BGT did just get a launch recently, so I don't think they need one anytime soon. This isn't Kings Dominion after all! I would like a B&M Launch someday, but at this point SWO makes more sense than BGT.

    This doesn't necessarily involve the current rumors about Gwazi, but my choice for a new B&M coaster would be either a hyper like Shambhala (or if they could, a giga like Leviathan), or a Wing Coaster like Gatekeeper. A nice keyhole structure like Cedar Point's (I'm talking about one like this but completely covered in rockwork and nice theming) only above the Serengeti Express would really be eye-appealing. :drool5:
    I don't think we will see another B&M launch coaster, unless they design there own launch system. I just don't see it.

    SW7 construction @ Alton Towers, UK.
    http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 16, 2010
    Posts
    12,265
    Quote Originally Posted by roodlesnouter View Post
    I don't think we will see another B&M launch coaster, unless they design there own launch system. I just don't see it.
    I truly think B&M will one day build a launch system but not a chance IMO of it coming to either BG parks.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 23, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    I truly think B&M will one day build a launch system but not a chance IMO of it coming to either BG parks.
    I would love to be prooven wrong

    SW7 construction @ Alton Towers, UK.
    http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 10, 2010
    Location
    NoRemorse Cemetery
    Posts
    6,482
    Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    I truly think B&M will one day build a launch system but not a chance IMO of it coming to either BG parks.
    SeaWorld maybe, but the Gardens each have a launch ride so there would be no need for another.

    Did Busch not go with B&M because of the Hulk and any Uni exclusive or was it just the launch and B&M not wanting to do it? And would it keep SW from adding one?

    b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 04, 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    338
    Follow Smitty On Twitter
    I think a B &M flyer like Manta is possible at either Busch parks by 2014.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or an indoor outdoor coaster like Verbolten

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 16, 2010
    Posts
    12,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Octobers Fade View Post
    SeaWorld maybe, but the Gardens each have a launch ride so there would be no need for another.

    Did Busch not go with B&M because of the Hulk and any Uni exclusive or was it just the launch and B&M not wanting to do it? And would it keep SW from adding one?
    I originally thought they went with Intamin because of a package deal situation but according to Mark Rose it was based strictly on Intamin being able to best accommodate the parks requests for design.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Orlando United is a website founded upon the desires of all Orlando theme park fans. We at Orlando United believe fans should be united in their discussions, ideas, reviews, questions, or any other related activities without having to feel intimidated or unwelcome in their searches. Orlando United was made to bring together fans of the Universal Orlando resort and allow them to discuss without strict rules, unruly opposition, or any other difficulties. We believe that while our initial mission has been a success, we plan to grow each day and add to the intellectual, sophisticated discussion that occurs hourly on our message boards. We intend to be the friendliest of websites, welcoming all members to join us in helping the mission become a successful one. We intend to keep this promise to our members, and to our casual guests because Orlando United is a one-of-a-kind website experience. Our initiative began February 2nd, 2008 and continues to this day. One day, we hope all current and future members can rejoice on our site and let the world know, we are United.

Join us