Legend of Jack Sparrow - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Jack Sparrow

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    I'm all for the change. But it's puzzling as to why they waited so long.

OU Fantasy Football League 2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem (4-3)

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by shiekra38 View Post
    Well it is opening in the summer so I can't imagine too much changing inside, new sets and stuff I guess...perhaps a walk-through like The Forsaken at HHN last year, only less gory and scary and with Captain Jack?
    Just because it was announced today doesn't mean they've been working on it for the past few months.

Follow batsmouth On Twitter Add batsmouth on Facebook
    Visit batsmouth's Youtube Channel
    Interesting guess it's a bonus as i'm a massive potc fan but i don't expect much. Guess they didn't release an opening date.

Probably gonna be the same suckage as narnia.

They sure used a lot of fancy words

Add Skipper Justin on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Probably gonna be the same suckage as narnia.

They sure used a lot of fancy words
    I don't think the narnia ones sucked that bad. The lion, witch and the wardrobe had a neat seat and the actress playing the white witch was a neat effect. I also liked the Prince Caspian set as well. It was interesting and pretty well done. Was it amazing? probably not, but undoubtly cool for a park that needs more attractions.

Anything is better than Narnia.

Disney has pulled the online version of the Mickey Monitor. Which leads me to one question: Can't they get anything right lately? Seems like the brain isn't talking to the rest of the body.
    Feel the power of Mjolnir....

Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    Just because it was announced today doesn't mean they've been working on it for the past few months.
    I agree, however I was still considering the time since Narnia has been closed...I do have hope for this..um..addition I guess you could call it.
    I still believe Narnia deserved a dark ride..

I thought the POTC films should have had representation in the films at DHS since the beginning. In fact, I was hoping they never touched the original and made their own attraction based on the films.

It only took them 9 years but I'm looking forward to this. Narnia was really a glorified trailer screening. This can be 100x more interesting.

Geez Disney really dropped the bomb on this franchise. Could of been a huge hit for them in the Orlando parks even with the original ride at the MK.

But the original ride is still a very popular attraction...and it has been updated to reflect the franchise...

Follow Blastiel On Twitter
    Visit Blastiel's Youtube Channel
    The Narnia attraction from what I remember of it was pretty poor (this was 2009), I remember going into a room that looked like it was made of stone wall and consisted of video screens essentially showing me trailers. You then get let out to look at a very small collection of props none of which were noteworthy.

Was there an additional one created after that?

I'm always fascinated by the making of movies and the props used so to be able to get that in an interactive way is even better :)

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    But the original ride is still a very popular attraction...and it has been updated to reflect the franchise...
    Which was a horrible, horrible mistake.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    From Disney Parks Blog, which confirms it will open in the fall.

Details are still emerging, but the attraction will give guests a chance to become immersed in the world of the four “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, and an opening date will be announced later this year.

According to Jason Roberts, show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, “This is going to be an immersive experience. We’ll really delve into the story of Captain Jack Sparrow and put our guests in the middle of it all in new and exciting ways. Story is always the most important thing for us at Walt Disney Imagineering, but we’re always looking at new ways to tell the story that our guests have never seen before. In this attraction, we’ll let you walk in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow It’s not ‘the making of,’ not ‘behind the scenes’ … it is really a first-person experience. We worked with the archives as well as the filmmakers while they were shooting the last movie. And as a fan, I just loved sitting through those films again and again

Anything will be better than the Narnia walkthrough.

I thought that the video monitors playing the movie clips was a preshow, but then it turned out to be the whole experience.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast