Tron ride? Why not?

Thread: Tron ride? Why not?

Tron ride? Why not?

Although Tron legacy wasn't super great, I think it would make an insane ride. Being warped into the
    "grid" inside of a 3D spiderman like ride with the visuals and effects from Tron legacy would be amazing and is the type of thrill ride that DHS could use......just a thought

Just rename Test Track to Tron!

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    You're getting your TRON ride in the new Test Track. It's what it is in everything in name only, and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by j-money View Post
    Although Tron legacy wasn't super great, I think it would make an insane ride. Being warped into the
    "grid" inside of a 3D spiderman like ride with the visuals and effects from Tron legacy would be amazing and is the type of thrill ride that DHS could use......just a thought
    Why? Because selling T-shirts is far easier..

I would honestly love for Disney to give Spiderman a run for its money with a Tron attraction, it could be epic...Another missed opportunity unfortunately

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    There's a rumor going around TRON could be moving into EO's theatre at Epcot, so not sure if the ride would actually work if that rumor were to be true.

I think it's a great idea but now seeing the Test Track concept art... Yeah, another Tron attraction would seem redundant.

although the test track concepts look Tron like, they are not based on Tron. The Tron story is perfect for a ride, test track is still about Cars---not as much fun. Disk wars , light cycles, those other hovering type ships that look like a horseshoes are all things that to me are alot more fun than cars. Just the basis of the story--being warped into a computer world is so perfect for a ride

Quote Originally Posted by j-money View Post
    Just the basis of the story--being warped into a computer world is so perfect for a ride
    Yea...like Test Track is going to be.

Disney is essentially bypassing copyrights and loyalties with the new Test Track. It will LOOK AND FEEL like aspects of the Tron universe, but it simply is not branded after Tron.

There'd be no copyrights or royalties involved. TRON is a Disney movie.

Forget that part. What I meant to say is that this revamp of Test Track IS GIVING YOU A TRON RIDE without it being called a Tron ride.

Still not the same , To many total story elements to Tron that will be missed -- light cycles disc wars etc.. ....

Considering Disney went out of its way to score theme park rights to AVATAR (the blockbuster to which Disney wanted Tron: Legacy to live up to in terms of recognition), it does not bode well for the prospects of Disney utilizing the property in a major E-Ticket attraction.

Like I and others have said, the look of the contrasting black and gray coupled with bright neon colors is being added to Test Track in its upgrade. It'll be the closest thing we'll probably ever see of a Tron-like attraction.