Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Thread: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Just announced. More information will come later. It is basically Super Smash Bros. with Sony characters. I'll keep this post updated with all of the confirmed characters. Very excited!

Confirmed characters:
    Kratos (God of War)
    Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
    Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
    Radec (Killzone 2)
    Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
    Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
    Good Cole MacGrath (infamous)
    Evil Cole MacGratth (infamous)
    Dante (Devil May Cry)
    Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
    Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
    Big Daddy (Bioshock)
    Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
    Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
    Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
    Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
    Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
    Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
    Spike(Ape Escape)
    Toro Inoue (Japanese Sony mascot)
    Last edited by Sideshow Mike; 10-21-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Jax and Daxter!!! Pleeease, Sony??

Follow Fallow On Twitter Add Fallow on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Mike View Post
    Just announced. More information will come later. It is basically Super Smash Bros. with Sony characters. Very excited!

Confirmed characters:
    Kratos
    Sly Cooper
    Fat Princess
    Rabbit
    Sweet Tooth
    Parappa the Rapper

More on the way!
    Been waiting for this forever. Can't wait. BTW, Radec (from Killzone) is a confirmed character, as is Nathan Drake.

Give us a trailer, Sony! and Sir Daniel Fortesque if you're feeling really generous...

Credits to Vince for this awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    I really want them in the game along with Crash Bandicoot, Solid Snake, and Ratchet & Clank. I'll keep the first post updated with all of the confirmed characters.
    Last edited by Sideshow Mike; 04-27-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Mike View Post
    I really want them in the game along with Crash Bandicoot, Solid Snake, and Ratchet & Clank.
    I'd imagine Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank are locks. Solid Snake is tricky because of his place in the roster of Smash Bros - and Crash is owned by Universal (go figure). I'd hope they get included, but I'm not holding my breath.

UPDATES: Buzz! quiz and God of War (featuring the Patapons!?) stages confirmed.
    Last edited by Fallow; 04-27-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
    Been waiting for this forever. Can't wait. BTW, Radec (from Killzone) is a confirmed character, as is Nathan Drake.

Give us a trailer, Sony! and Sir Daniel Fortesque if you're feeling really generous...
    Oh, Parappa... how I've missed you

But really. Kratos, Drake, Sly Cooper and possibly characters like Jak and Daxter, Spyro, and Crash? I'm game. I am so game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
    I'd imagine Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank are locks. Solid Snake is tricky because of his place in the roster of Smash Bros - and Crash is owned by Universal (go figure). I'd hope they get included, but I'm not holding my breath.

UPDATES: Buzz! quiz and God of War (featuring the Patapons!?) stages confirmed.
    I thought the same thing about Snake but I hope he is in there. I am a huge MGS fan. A LittleBigPlanet level has been confirmed as well.

Projected launch is holiday 2012. So far away...

EDIT:

Full footage of the reveal, which includes some juicy in-game shots, can be found here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...rs-tv/152?ch=1

Ratchet & Clank franchise is CONFIRMED, as Captain Quark can be seen running around in the background of the God of War Hydra stage. (that probably rules him out as a playable character, unfortunately.)

Developers have also gone on record on saying that third party characters are NOT out of the question.
    Last edited by Fallow; 04-27-2012 at 01:57 AM.

From IGN:

A few weeks ago, Infamous 2 voice actor Eric Ladin Tweeted that he was back in a motion capture suit and doing more work as Cole, the game's hero. When he confirmed it wasn't for another Infamous game, we all jumped to the conclusion it was for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Today, he's confirmed it -- along with the fact that Metal Gear Solid's Snake and Uncharted's Nathan Drake are in the game. Or he's just trolling everyone.

Ladin's Tweet doesn't spell out characters, but it does say that he's part of a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale cast with Drake's voice actor Nolan North and Big Boss/Solid Snake voice actor David Hayter.

PlayStation refused to comment calling the Tweet "rumor and speculation."

There is an IMDB listing for the game showcasing these actors, however this page has been in constant flux. At one point, it had a different voice actor for Cole and characters that have since been removed -- folks like Sully from Uncharted. So, even though the list looks solid now, take it with a grain of salt.

Let us know what you think of the cast so far in the comments below, and then vote in our poll letting us know who you'll play as first from the confirmed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. I love Jak and Daxter! I still play their games on my old PS2...

I added the full roster to the opening post. Has anyone played the beta yet. It is exclusive to Playstation Plus subscribers now and will become on public on October 23rd. I've been using Sly Cooper during the beta and I really like his abilities, especially his ability to become invisible. His level 1 super is very effective if you can line it up right. When the game launches, I am planning on mainly using Raiden, Jak, and Sly. What characters will you guys use?

Visit knokout1's Youtube Channel
    Well since I am a huge fan of the GoW and Uncharted series I imagine I will start with Drake and Kratos.

Visit greenth1ng's Youtube Channel
    What I want to know is WHY THE HECK CRASH BANDICOOT ISN'T INCLUDED!!!! COME ON, UNIVERSAL!! SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT FOR ONCE!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenth1ng View Post
    What I want to know is WHY THE HECK CRASH BANDICOOT ISN'T INCLUDED!!!! COME ON, UNIVERSAL!! SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT FOR ONCE!!
    Activision actually owns Crash now.

The intro video has been revealed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ars-final-boss

This game is gonna be amazing!