Epcot Status - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Epcot Status

Quote Originally Posted by JungleSkip View Post
    Mission Space had horrendous attendance before Green side was a thing, and is barely any better at this point. Orange has never been toned down.

El Rio was always screens. Not sure exactly what you mean there.

Imagination sucks and has for a while, no denying that. But a lot of money was spent on the first change. And for as bad as EO is, it's better than the crappy HISTA.

As for "it pulls in numbers therefore it should get additions", you aren't thinking like TDO.
    I am saying I think that El Rio's changes were not really an upgrade. Just an equivalent change if anything. Although I prefer the original. And just because there are screens do not mean we have to keep that meathod.

As for maintenance. Things are not much better at EPCOT. Virtually every physical effect inside Test Track is broken. Cones, Sparks from Truck, crash collison test wall and vehicle, robotic painter arms. The list goes on and on. It is just a cheap thrill ride now.

Soarin looks horrible now because the film has not been upkept or replaced and is very grainy. The themeless queue and boring one at that was never adressed to an attraction that was so popular.

As for not thinking like TDO. Thank you. I am glad none of us do. That being said.

My point remains because every thing else is trivial. The park's status is that it has not had a new stand alone attraction since 2005 and there is no sign of one breaking ground any time soon. Even if it does we are looking at eight years without a new attraction and e tend to lose more than we gain. TDO resting on laurels is about to catch up with them because EPCOT's numbers may not spiral downward fast, but guest spending sure will when there is nothing too enticing within the park itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I am saying I think that El Rio's changes were not really an upgrade. Just an equivalent change if anything. Although I prefer the original. And just because there are screens do not mean we have to keep that meathod.

As for maintenance. Things are not much better at EPCOT. Virtually every physical effect inside Test Track is broken. Cones, Sparks from Truck, crash collison test wall and vehicle, robotic painter arms. The list goes on and on. It is just a cheap thrill ride now.

Soarin looks horrible now because the film has not been upkept or replaced and is very grainy. The themeless queue and boring one at that was never adressed to an attraction that was so popular.

As for not thinking like TDO. Thank you. I am glad none of us do. That being said.

My point remains because every thing else is trivial. The park's status is that it has not had a new stand alone attraction since 2005 and there is no sign of one breaking ground any time soon. Even if it does we are looking at eight years without a new attraction and e tend to lose more than we gain. TDO resting on laurels is about to catch up with them because EPCOT's numbers may not spiral downward fast, but guest spending sure will when there is nothing too enticing within the park itself.
    They might not have gotten a new attraction, but in recent years they have gotten the Kim Possible game, new restaurants in Italy and Mexico, added Pixar Weekends to their annual roster of seasonal festivals, and finally made awesome use of The Odyssey. Okay, scratch that last part, but my point is that Epcot is not about rides so much as the other parks. I know more people who go to Epcot to drink and eat within the "World's Fair" style atmosphere than attend for rides. This isn't to say I don't want a new ride, but Epcot has more going for it than simply that, and they've expanded in those areas.

Visit kingeric's Youtube Channel
    I think that if Epcot is going to be simply a Mall to explore, shop, and dine, then the entrance fee should reflect that.

I think TDO has seen a giant shift in Guest Spending as more guests have been giving their dollars to Universal and it's unique merchandise than to Disney.

That being said, you can point to

Soarin'
    Mission Space
    The Seas with Nemo and Friends

all of which were used in marketing collateral to drive attendance.

When you look at how marketing pushes the parks they try to hook you on an idea of an experience that you are going to have. Disney's commercials, billboards, brochures, videos all try this hook.

After a while people become blind to messaging after it has been repeated, in the digital world this is called "Banner Blindness" so Disney like most companies tries something new, to interest and hook people.

When you look at Epcot's marketing collateral I think it is in danger of becoming invisible to most people if it isn't already. The Billboards, brochures, videos, commercials for Epcot are the same and feature the same pitches for the past 5-6 years.

The only chance you have to really get a fresh message about Epcot is if you are local here in Florida and you see Flower and Garden/Food and Wine commercials.

So the point of all this, is again. Epcot, along with most of WDW is in danger of repeating the same message so many times, that it's ability to drive bookings is greatly diminished.

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeric View Post
    When you look at Epcot's marketing collateral I think it is in danger of becoming invisible to most people if it isn't already. The Billboards, brochures, videos, commercials for Epcot are the same and feature the same pitches for the past 5-6 years..
    That's "Disney Parks" as a whole. All the commercials are exactly the same by and large.

Visit MechaTeddy417's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Journey Into Imagination-All effects working, ride still sucks.
    Oh come on, the ride isn't really as bad as everyone says. (Same thing goes for Journey Into "YOUR" Imagination.)

Quote Originally Posted by MechaTeddy417 View Post
    Oh come on, the ride isn't really as bad as everyone says. (Same thing goes for Journey Into "YOUR" Imagination.)
    The on now is kinda sorta passable.

JIYI was freaking garbage. Pure, unadulterated garbage. It was so bad that Eisner got off the thing and was flipping out about how bad it was.

I think that bearing in mind Epcot is the least ride crazy theme park, alot of school kids go there as a field trip visit as it has got some science elements to it, but it is true it hasn't had any new attractions since 2005, it has had adjustments like The Seas with Nemo and small add ons here and there, but all they ever focus on is events. I think that Everest could have slotted in the country's somewhere, they should have something built like that in the World Showcase. It would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kingeric View Post
    I think that if Epcot is going to be simply a Mall to explore, shop, and dine, then the entrance fee should reflect that.

I think TDO has seen a giant shift in Guest Spending as more guests have been giving their dollars to Universal and it's unique merchandise than to Disney.

That being said, you can point to

Soarin'
    Mission Space
    The Seas with Nemo and Friends

all of which were used in marketing collateral to drive attendance.

When you look at how marketing pushes the parks they try to hook you on an idea of an experience that you are going to have. Disney's commercials, billboards, brochures, videos all try this hook.

After a while people become blind to messaging after it has been repeated, in the digital world this is called "Banner Blindness" so Disney like most companies tries something new, to interest and hook people.

When you look at Epcot's marketing collateral I think it is in danger of becoming invisible to most people if it isn't already. The Billboards, brochures, videos, commercials for Epcot are the same and feature the same pitches for the past 5-6 years.

The only chance you have to really get a fresh message about Epcot is if you are local here in Florida and you see Flower and Garden/Food and Wine commercials.

So the point of all this, is again. Epcot, along with most of WDW is in danger of repeating the same message so many times, that it's ability to drive bookings is greatly diminished.
    Most guests don't pay a theme park price for Epcot. They buy park-hoppers with the other tree parks in mind and then hit Epcot at night to get their drink/food on.

You know... Pixar released a statement last year regarding two of its future films; one of which humans and dinosaurs coexist, and the other about the subconscious. I would not be surprised at all if the latter were to replace Imagination or EO. Especially considering Nemo is just across the pavilion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    You know... Pixar released a statement last year regarding two of its future films; one of which humans and dinosaurs coexist, and the other about the subconscious. I would not be surprised at all if the latter were to replace Imagination or EO. Especially considering Nemo is just across the pavilion.
    Don't wish that evil upon me, Ricky Bobby.

Don't wish that evil upon me, Ricky Bobby.
    I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Figment disappear from that gaudy shell of a once great ride. For that matter, "Captain EO" is freaking awful and nowhere near as awful as "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" still. I'd sacrifice those attractions in a heartbeat for just about anything new.

I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Figment disappear from that gaudy shell of a once great ride. For that matter, "Captain EO" is freaking awful and nowhere near as awful as "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" still. I'd sacrifice those attractions in a heartbeat for just about anything new.
    I would as well. But no more Pixar. I don't mind what we have now, but more and more character attractions in EPCOT will blur its lines with the other parks.

It's high time WDI rolled up its sleeves and at least attempted something without the crutch of an established franchise or a clone for EPCOT

I would as well. But no more Pixar. I don't mind what we have now, but more and more character attractions in EPCOT will blur its lines with the other parks.

It's high time WDI rolled up its sleeves and at least attempted something without the crutch of an established franchise or a clone for EPCOT
    I think any WDI who reads this will feel like they just took the red pill. "...not using an established franchise or clone? Can we... even do that?"

I think any WDI who reads this will feel like they just took the red pill. "...not using an established franchise or clone? Can we... even do that?"
    Ha! Seriously.

But I mean, they CAN do it. Look at Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch out in HK.

Ha! Seriously.

But I mean, they CAN do it. Look at Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch out in HK.
    Yea. I wish that were the case here. I feel that WDW and UOR are settling in on franchise-only big attractions for here on out. It's become battle of the franchises, hate to say. I would loooove Disney and/or Universal to crank out something original soon but I doubt it (considering the paralyzed Yeti and disastrous RRR). Pixar will probably be the sure bet, especially if that film does well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast