Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation - Page 3
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post

Potter is like a parallel world, or not even that, the wizard community is supposedly a hidden community within our planet. It's not seasonal.
    There's snow on the rooftops and a snowman....24/7. That gives the implacation that we are visiting the Wizarding World during the winter time. Winter is a season.

WHITE HOT

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    There's snow on the rooftops and a snowman....24/7. That gives the implacation that we are visiting the Wizarding World during the winter time. Winter is a season.
    Ok, I see what you mean. I was talking about the stories and you were talking about the theme park areas/attractions specifically.

There's still the difference that the Wizarding World is magical and it can be explained that they can enchant the place to look like that year long, even in summer, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's frozen in time, whereas the Grinch is a Christmas story specifically.

Either way, if they wanted to put the Grinch they wouldn't let something like this stop them. But, I do think that the Grinch is more successful and profitable for Universal as an event for Christmas/Holiday times. Lots of people make a point to go to the parks just for a special event.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Either way, if they wanted to put the Grinch they wouldn't let something like this stop them. But, I do think that the Grinch is more successful and profitable for Universal as an event for Christmas/Holiday times. Lots of people make a point to go to the parks just for a special event.
    You guys needs to stop with this "Realistic" approach.

You can still have the event, with the attraction attached (See Star Tours/Star Wars Weeekends).

Either way, they don't necessarily need to have Mt. Crumpit follow the story of "Stole Christmas".

WHITE HOT

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, the Grinch is the Grinch all year long.

And actually there are multiple seasons in the WWOHP. Oddly enough there is no snow on Hogwarts. And in the original concept art, you can see where it goes from winter to spring. It even includes a few wildflowers near Hogwarts.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    You can still have the event, with the attraction attached (See Star Tours/Star Wars Weeekends).

Either way, they don't necessarily need to have Mt. Crumpit follow the story of "Stole Christmas".
    True and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    Yeah, the Grinch is the Grinch all year long.

And actually there are multiple seasons in the WWOHP. Oddly enough there is no snow on Hogwarts. And in the original concept art, you can see where it goes from winter to spring. It even includes a few wildflowers near Hogwarts.
    You're right, I never took notice of that. No snow on Hogwarts or Hagrid's corner either.

So back to the Lorax...

Maybe they can produce a dark ride that covers some of Dr. Seuss' most popular stories with similar nature-y themes, including those that got movies made after them like Lorax, Horton... Maybe?
    Last edited by Felipe; 03-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJCool View Post
    ^This photoshop job has the Matterhorn placed where the fish spinner is to show how a Grinch coaster could fit in, but you can see that there is a big plot back there:

What is that big building behind circus mcgurkus? Is that where they put the Grinch show that 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by justinthered View Post
    What is that big building behind circus mcgurkus? Is that where they put the Grinch show that 1 year?
    That would be IOAsis (employee grill) and Circus' kitchen.

that is a huge kitchen! So where is the studio that they put the grinch show?

In the soundstage on the other side of the road that's behind the employee grill.

Follow JokerMan0925 On Twitter Add JokerMan0925 on Facebook
    Follow JokerMan0925 on Tumblr Follow JokerMan0925 on Flickr Visit JokerMan0925's Youtube Channel
    I thought it was funny, when I was at USF yesterday, there was a woman who was looking at the Lorax Photo Op by The Horror Make-Up show and she said, "Don't they have a Lorax ride at the other park here?" Then her husband said, "I think so."
    I thought it was quite ironic.

Welcome to the madhouse, Batman!

Let me be the first to say its probably nothing, but numerous suits were walking backstage of Suess Landing this week. They seemed to be interested in the area directly behind the Cat in the Hat as well as the gate in-between NBA City and IOA's main turnstiles. Just sharing what I personally saw.

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Let me be the first to say its probably nothing, but numerous suits were walking backstage of Suess Landing this week. They seemed to be interested in the area directly behind the Cat in the Hat as well as the gate in-between NBA City and IOA's main turnstiles. Just sharing what I personally saw.
    That's pretty interesting. Other than an attraction, what could that be for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    That's pretty interesting. Other than an attraction, what could that be for?
    Halloween Horror Nights maybe? Or possibly a CityWalk expansion...or...a new Suess attraction

Quote Originally Posted by shiekra38 View Post
    Halloween Horror Nights maybe? Or possibly a CityWalk expansion...or...a new Suess attraction
    Any one of those would be nice. Let's hope that this actually means something, and it isn't just some formal tour/maintenance.

I like the idea of stretching out and using every inch of space IOA has. They got to make the most of that tiny space they have! Plus an extra family attraction in IOA would help a lot

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast