What would you rather see at Disney's Animal Kingdom? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What do you want to see at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll

6 15.00%
  • Mysterious Island featuring JTTOTE

11 27.50%
  • Beastly Kingdom featuring a dragon attraction

17 42.50%
  • Australia

2 5.00%
  • Other, give examples.

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you rather see at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Add TheDecemberists on Google+
    Animal Kingdom already has its iconic mountain. I want more animal exhibits, starting with Pandas in Asia. Personally I think they're pretty lame, but a lot of people go bat-sh** crazy over them. It would bring in more people.

Australia would be a better choice for a new land than South America, but Disney doesn't have any popular franchises to hastily shove into it. So that's why I vote for South America + UP.

Another option would be North America. It would be a nice contrast from the wild jungle atmosphere you get most everywhere else in the park. And in a perfect world they would demolish Kali River Rapids, put Pandas in its place, and build Grizzly River Run in North America. And it would actually have bears...
    Last edited by TheDecemberists; 03-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Well, it seems that I am in the small minority yet again. As one of the few fans of the movie, I actually voted for Avatar. If done properly and wholeheartedly, the world of Pandora can be a breath-taking addition to the park. While Animal Kingdom may not seem like the best fit for a Pandora, what other park could it have gone? Studios maybe? With a second and third movie(s) on the way, there's still plenty of ideas left open for expansion. Avatar 2 is said to travel to the oceans of Pandora. I would love some new high-tech water ride. Even though it may not have the fanbase like a Potter, there's no denying the film's blockbuster success. And if marketed properly, the addition of Pandora could skyrocket Animal Kingdom's attendance overnight. Despite all the rumors and speculation, I still believe Avatar is coming to Animal Kingdom, and support it 100%.

Add jj3352 on Facebook Add jj3352 on MySpace
    Visit jj3352's Youtube Channel
    I am 100% confident that Avatar will make its way into animal kingdom. But beastly kingdom would have been nice.

It is funny that the project Disney is reportedly still going with is the least favorite of all the options given in this poll.

Visit MechaTeddy417's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAKENvsMANTA View Post
    Well, it seems that I am in the small minority yet again. As one of the few fans of the movie, I actually voted for Avatar. If done properly and wholeheartedly, the world of Pandora can be a breath-taking addition to the park. While Animal Kingdom may not seem like the best fit for a Pandora, what other park could it have gone? Studios maybe? With a second and third movie(s) on the way, there's still plenty of ideas left open for expansion. Avatar 2 is said to travel to the oceans of Pandora. I would love some new high-tech water ride. Even though it may not have the fanbase like a Potter, there's no denying the film's blockbuster success. And if marketed properly, the addition of Pandora could skyrocket Animal Kingdom's attendance overnight. Despite all the rumors and speculation, I still believe Avatar is coming to Animal Kingdom, and support it 100%.
    I'm all hands up for Avatar, and I do hope it comes. While I would rather prefer Beastly Kingdom, its certainly better than nothing. It would be a great addition to the park that will certainly increase attendance.

Follow Dr. Emmett Brown On Twitter Add Dr. Emmett Brown on Facebook
    Coming from a DAK CM...

1) Avatar focuses more on the effects of humans on the land. Yeah, I know conservation is the main message of the park, but the focus really should be on the diversity of Animals, and not new movie franchises. Sure I'm excited to see how the expansion will turn out, but it's like slapping Harry Potter in USF to me (awful comparison, but bear with me).

2) Ok, so I know there's a dragon in the original logo, there's a dragon on the ticket booth in the front of the park, etc., but does Animal Kingdom really need another section that focuses on something that doesn't currently exist? Yeah sure, it'd be cool to have something about mythical creatures and the possibilities for dragon attractions are endless, but resources are better used towards something that'd improve the park while moving towards the goal of having multiple themed lands filled with animals from around the (current) world.

3) This brings me to Australia. I see no reason as to why this hasn't happened yet. I trust Imagineering with finding awesome ideas for attractions in an Australian-themed land. Plus, it would almost complete the park, in having animals from every continent represented with top-class attractions. After that, it's just waiting for a South American-themed land.

I voted for Mysterious Island because I've always been fascinated by those attractions. That area looks breathtaking and it would look very cool in DAK.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    It is funny that the project Disney is reportedly still going with is the least favorite of all the options given in this poll.
    one reason i think this is the case is there is litterally no concept art so there is nothing to go on...where the other places have something tangible

Follow batsmouth On Twitter Add batsmouth on Facebook
    Visit batsmouth's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleSkip View Post
    Beastly by far. Original attractions not seen anywhere else and a fully fleshed out land. Though I'd settle for the pre-Avatar plan of Mysterious Island with a Beastly Kingdomme slant. I also wouldn't mind a North American land with Grizzly Mountain as the E-ticket.

My order of desire:

1) Beastly Kingdomme
    2)Mysterious Island
    3) Australia
    4) Avatar

But there is a big jump between 2 and 3. Australia isn't much better than Avatar, IMO.
    ^^Exactly this

I would like to see Australia.

Visit slappybob's Youtube Channel
    Anything that going to blow me away like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter did if Disney actually does that(only thing close to thrilling in all of Disney is ToT) and I hope to God they can pull off Avatar if it's actually made.

I personally want to see Beastly Island. I think that would definitely fit the park the best and get the most intrigue. I'm okay with Avatarland just when I look at it purely from a new attraction/area to explore kind of way. Still, this does just not fit in with the overall theme of Animal Kingdom. I really would love to see several things change in Animal Kingdom. I love the idea of more tours with animals and more animal exhibits. I would love to see more family style rides to keep with that theme. I don't know if they need a large number of thrill seeker rides at this kind of park. I would also love to see a Universe of Energy style kind of attraction at DAK, geared more towards just animals and the history of them. I think that would be something fun that fits the park very well.

going to say that I kind of want avatar just because it will be something new. Althought that JTTCE ride looks pretty sweet.

Visit slappybob's Youtube Channel
    Well I was thinking and I thought Austrailia would be the wisest choce in my opinion, Beastly Kingdom would have been awesome, Mysterious Island would look really cool but what would it have to do with animals? But Avatar is getting built so i'll be more than happy to take that.

Beastly Kingdom
    The Mysterious Island
    Then Avatar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast