Pyrrock and Blizzrock - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyrrock and Blizzrock

Follow jmercer25 On Twitter Add jmercer25 on Facebook
    No luck with a 19-minute promo video from 1999 either. If it's lore, I might be emailing some higher-ups soon.

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    Can we ask why you need to know this?

OU Fantasy Football League 2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem (4-4)

Quote Originally Posted by jtsalien View Post
    Can we ask why you need to know this?
    Because I'm a theme park nerd and need to know everything about everything theme park related :)

^ Nothing wrong with that!

Gosh, I miss Dueling Dragons.

It is possible that the construction crews named them that or that the company in upstate NY who created the statues named them in the workshop. A nickname can stick very hard, as I am sure some of you can attest.

I heard the name of both dragons specifically from Merlin himself back in 2000. When he used to photo op on the old floor ring that you were able to stand on to see all three inversion on DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    It is possible that the construction crews named them that or that the company in upstate NY who created the statues named them in the workshop. A nickname can stick very hard, as I am sure some of you can attest.
    I can personally attest to that Teebin. My frat name was Smalls (Named after the main character of The Sandlot), and even though I quit the frat everybody still calls me by that name. Not that it bothers me, I think the name actually fits me quite well.

Sorry for the random post

READY FOR BATTLE

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    I do know that the names Pyrrock and Blizzrock were used on some of the merchandise they had at the Dagon's Keep store.

So basically...

1. The names Pyrrock and Blizzrock were mentioned by the Merlin face character.

and/or

2. The names Pyrrock and Blizzrock were printed on merchandise.

Does anybody have either video of interaction with Merlin where he mentions their names or merchandise showing the names? I thought maybe if a tag doesn't show it, a dragon-specific piece of merchandise might say the name in the barcode. So even if it doesn't say it on the item, a barcode could still prove helpful.

Thanks much guys! I really appreciate it.

Yeessh... did this years back with the bumper question on spider-man. Call the company in upstate NY that created them. I believe they are outside of Syracuse. They also sculpted the Hawk Gryphons that greet people into the LC.

I'm pretty certain I've seen the names Pyrrock and Blizzrock mentioned on the IOA map way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Yeessh... did this years back with the bumper question on spider-man. Call the company in upstate NY that created them. I believe they are outside of Syracuse. They also sculpted the Hawk Gryphons that greet people into the LC.
    I might just have to try that. I've tried contacting a few of the designers by e-mail, but no luck there. I'll probably be calling this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I'm pretty certain I've seen the names Pyrrock and Blizzrock mentioned on the IOA map way back when.
    I found this site (http://www.florida-project.com/islan...ps/1999-august) and, while very informative, shows no sign of the names either.

Ok, I just went to a lot of work re-tracking down the company that created the dragons: Adirondack Scenic, Inc.

Theme park nuts please bookmark and copy the company names in the following article:
    http://themeparkcanuck.com/2012/02/2...ost-continent/

http://www.adkstudios.com/

Adirondack Studios
    439 County Route 45
    Argyle, New York 12809
    518-638-8000

Examples of their work, starting with the dragons:
    http://www.adkstudios.com/amusement-...eling-dragons/
    http://www.adkstudios.com/amusement-...sons-the-ride/
    http://www.adkstudios.com/amusement-...-of-the-mummy/

(oh, and by the way, it is outside of Saratoga Springs and not Syracuse. I knew it was an 'S' name.)
    Last edited by Teebin; 03-22-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Hand Carved!?! Wow.... Now I really miss those dragons more.

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    Amazing find Teebin!

OU Fantasy Football League 2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem (4-4)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast