Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens

They will still have Christmas shows during the day as in the past (confirmed on the Facebook page). I can see why the uproar over it being a separate ticketed event. However, the park normally closed at 6 or 7 in December if I remember correctly (with the exception of New Years Eve). The only real difference I can see to normal daytime operations would be to close perhaps around 5 to get everything ready. I'm guessing they need to see if the event will be profitable and draw a crowd. Perhaps they include it with admission in future years (hopefully). I love the event at SWO and have wanted BGT to get one similar.

The thing with Seaworld; they generally are busier than BGT in December simply due to the fact of it's location and closer competition, so it makes sense to have it included there. Also, BGW is normally not open in December, and open in the afternoon for this event only.

Im pretty excited for this...very curious on how this turns out

Christmas Town tickets will be on sale to passholders at the preview center from Now thru July 17 for $10.

Normal price is $29.99

That's a pretty sweet deal. I think I will have to swing by.

Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Christmas Town tickets will be on sale to passholders at the preview center from Now thru July 17 for $10.

Normal price is $29.99

That's a pretty sweet deal. I think I will have to swing by.
    $10 at the park or until the 17th, or while supplies last, Passholders can also buy tickets online for $24.99 (reguarly $39.99) from the mailer I got...
    I will be heading over there tomorrow for a couple of tickets.

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Got mine.... Now trapped by this massive thunder storm
    All pass members need not be present when getting tickets passes just have to be current when they look th up

Do you have to pick a date or do they give you a voucher?

Open ended ticket from Nov 30-Dec 23.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Here's the official release of the details:

http://orlandounited.com/2012/07/11/...ils-announced/

Pics from yesterday of the preview center

And finally... if i see a chair I usually get a picture of me sitting in it.

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

The prices really are not that bad. I'm surprised.

I think this will be a good event for BGT, but at what cost? Is it just me or has this event taken precedence over Howl-o -Scream? It almost appears like BGT is conceding and going in another direction with their investment dollars. After a record breaking Howl-o-Scream last year it will be interesting to see how things shape up this year with these two events. Will Howl-o-Scream have record crowds again? Will this Christmas event really pay off? I am anxiously awaiting to see how this all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shog View Post
    I think this will be a good event for BGT, but at what cost? Is it just me or has this event taken precedence over Howl-o -Scream? It almost appears like BGT is conceding and going in another direction with their investment dollars. After a record breaking Howl-o-Scream last year it will be interesting to see how things shape up this year with these two events. Will Howl-o-Scream have record crowds again? Will this Christmas event really pay off? I am anxiously awaiting to see how this all plays out.
    Well we all know that Xmas is where the money is at, no need to look further than the store shelves. As soon as the Halloween decorations are on the shelf the Xmas on get unboxxed.
    I don't think it will effect HOS... it is a very poular event and they are far enough apart. They do Christmas shows anyway, SeaWorld does their park up for the season, so this is just progress and more money for the park.

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Yeah, I don't think it is getting any more attention than Howloscream as far as event spending. Howloscream just needs to step it up on its own anyway. Why it seems that way is because this is something BGT has never attempted, and Howloscream already turns a healthy profit from following.

When Macdonalds gets a new sandwitch they do not need to fit in more ads with the big mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it is getting any more attention than Howloscream as far as event spending. Howloscream just needs to step it up on its own anyway. Why it seems that way is because this is something BGT has never attempted, and Howloscream already turns a healthy profit from following.

When Macdonalds gets a new sandwitch they do not need to fit in more ads with the big mac.
    I just hope they Halloween up the preview center during HOS. Some zombie elves meandering around the area or something just for fun.

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Smells so good in there

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r