What new shopping would you like to see in CW? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What new shopping would you like to see in CW?

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    I really like the idea of a music store, or even better a Universal Media Store for music, movies, posters... I always enjoyed the Virgin store at DTD, and was upset that it closed. I'd love something similar in CW! Also a Universal prop shop would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    I would also like a nice concert venue like HoB.
    Hard Rock

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    In regards to whether or not Apple would do well in a theme park shopping setting or not. The same thing was said about them opening there first one in an airport. Well that was several years ago and now there in multiple airports across the world. There stores are of a different class and attract people with some serious cash.
    I agree. I think an Apple store would work really well in CW. Technology products cost a lot more in other countries and tourists buy a lot of it here. Having it in CityWalk, on Universal property where they are vacationing, so near their hotels, they don't even need to travel out to a Mall to buy Apple products... That'd be awesome for a tourist, or even an out-of-town-er that doesn't have an Apple store in/near their home town. I think it'd be great!

For being owned by Comcast/NBC/Universal, it is surprising that there are little to no stationary references throughout the entertainment district of the fact aside from the name obviously being plastered everywhere. So I would be in favor of an NBC Store or better yet, and change NBA City to an NBC Sports Grille, with adjacent shopping/entertainment. Also, I don't believe Uni has a comedy club anywhere on site. Could a section of the building be relegated to make a SNL/improv style venue?

A memorabilia store also sounds nice.

Why is everybody so fixated on getting rid or altering NBA City? It's very nice as is and it ties in nicely considering Orlando has the Magic. Rebrand the Nascar Grille if you must, but honestly I don't know what sounds so attractive about "NBC Sports." They don't exactly have the brand recognition of ESPN.

I would also support a Universal memorabilia store as has been mentioned. As for the Apple store idea, I don't think it would work at all in CityWalk. It would be better suited for Downtown Disney if only for the free parking.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, Apple won't be coming to Universal. (Apple = Pixar = Disney)

NBA City does need a re-tool/rehab, but it definitely should stay.

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
    Why is everybody so fixated on getting rid or altering NBA City?
    Because it's an ugly, boring eye sore on that side of the canal compared to IoA, Hard Rock, and USF. Something dymaic and special should be over there, imo.

Follow Captain Tragedy On Twitter Add Captain Tragedy on Facebook Add Captain Tragedy on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleSkip View Post
    Because it's an ugly, boring eye sore on that side of the canal compared to IoA, Hard Rock, and USF. Something dymaic and special should be over there, imo.
    A wall to wall bowler hat shop would be more attractive.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BJCool View Post
    Also, I don't believe Uni has a comedy club anywhere on site. Could a section of the building be relegated to make a SNL/improv style venue?
    Although not a comedy club, the Hard Rock hosts many, many comedian shows year round.

I remember the rumors of the company that runs Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde's dining. bar and entertainment venue in NY ready to try their hands at making a second one and looking at City Walk. Not sure who started that one but it would of been fun. It was like a random resturant improv dining theme like Adventurer's club but more of a horror and odd theme concept.

Personally I would love to see a nicer Universal store, not that I don't like the one now it's just too small. Second I wouldn't mind an exotic/novelty shop based off of IOA somewhere in City Walk...maybe an Ocean Traders Annex.
    Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come, the Nascar one on the second level just doesn't so that for me..Maybe an attraction like WonderWorks, Ripleys, or a haunted attraction...Hopefully Universal has the vision or plan to make City Walk a potential third day part of the resort, right now it's an end of day part which isn't bad, but it could be more.

Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    Yeah, Apple won't be coming to Universal. (Apple = Pixar = Disney)

NBA City does need a re-tool/rehab, but it definitely should stay.
    Interesting....So much for my water park idea based off of Angry Birds, Temple Run and some other apps...

Quote Originally Posted by shiekra38 View Post

Interesting....So much for my water park idea based off of Angry Birds, Temple Run and some other apps...
    Unless I'm unaware of something, properties like Angry Bird and Temple Run aren't off the table, as they're not owned by Apple.

Personally I would love to see a nicer Universal store, not that I don't like the one now it's just too small. Second I wouldn't mind an exotic/novelty shop based off of IOA somewhere in City Walk...maybe an Ocean Traders Annex.
    Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come, the Nascar one on the second level just doesn't so that for me..Maybe an attraction like WonderWorks, Ripleys, or a haunted attraction...Hopefully Universal has the vision or plan to make City Walk a potential third day part of the resort, right now it's an end of day part which isn't bad, but it could be more.

I would love to see it!

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    I'd say Dave and Buster's would be more likely than a Universal arcade, but that went out the window last year.

OU Fantasy Football League 2013 CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by jtsalien View Post
    I'd say Dave and Buster's would be more likely than a Universal arcade, but that went out the window last year.
    Yes that would have been great...
    I also thought about Universal doing a deal with Google and possibly adding a Google Play store..it could have music, movies, Andriod Schtuff and maybe even sell Chromebooks and Tablets...plus maybe add a Wi-Fi lounge where people could just chill...like I said CityWalk needs to be an another day experience..

Not really a shop but I would love to also see a Bowling alley or hi-tech Universal themed Arcade come
    About 4 years ago their were surveys floating around for Universal doing a Bowling Alley. I think what happened was Disney got the Bowling Alley so Universal went with the Mini-Golf. I think an arcade is a grand idea as well. Put it on the Hard Rock side of the lagoon since that side is less busy, advertise how huge it is and get more people on that side. Without Hard Rock and Blue Man that side would be such a ghost town.

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakemeister View Post
    About 4 years ago their were surveys floating around for Universal doing a Bowling Alley. I think what happened was Disney got the Bowling Alley so Universal went with the Mini-Golf. I think an arcade is a grand idea as well. Put it on the Hard Rock side of the lagoon since that side is less busy, advertise how huge it is and get more people on that side. Without Hard Rock and Blue Man that side would be such a ghost town.
    That's only gonna get worse if people start taking a Hogwarts train instead of walking the lagoon between the parks. They really should address a way of driving more traffic to that area.

OU Fantasy Football League 2013 CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast