Refurbishment Schedule - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Refurbishment Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Added Indiana Jones Stunt show at DHS.
    Hmm... A two day refurb. Is an important part of the show broken right now? This implies something mechanical that needs at least a day to break down and fix with big equipment. The show does have some huge mechanical one-of-a-kind set pieces.

Its been booked for a cheerleading competition.

Updated with new Dumbo opening date.

Just FYI as of now the monorail is back to full operating capacity and Storybook Circus will have a delayed opening this Wednesday.

Disney is up to date and added several refurbs planned for Busch Gardens.

Updated and added,

Buzz Buzz Buzz Lightyear to the Refurb!

Added Epcot's Confirmed closure date of Test Track.

Updated with Emergency closure of Tree of Life and surrounding area.

Follow Dr. Emmett Brown On Twitter Add Dr. Emmett Brown on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Updated with Emergency closure of Tree of Life and surrounding area.
    The limb wasn't that big.

"...a small branch (weighing about 5lbs)"

Honestly, it was probably from the wind. I know they have to check the structure just in case, but expect it to re-open within the next few days.

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown View Post

Honestly, it was probably from the wind. I know they have to check the structure just in case, but expect it to re-open within the next few days.
    A 5 lb weight cracking into your skull from that height would be a pretty big deal. And the winds that were going on at the time shouldn't have been able to blow something like that off. If I were them I'd be going over every inch of that tree.

Where was it announced that a tree limb fell off on Sunday night. I have searched and found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Where was it announced that a tree limb fell off on Sunday night. I have searched and found nothing.
    Disney never came out and said it (as far as I know), but that is indeed what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleSkip View Post
    Disney never came out and said it (as far as I know), but that is indeed what happened.
    Ok. But where was it revealed that it happened? Twitter?, Forum?, Moscow newspaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Ok. But where was it revealed that it happened? Twitter?, Forum?, Moscow newspaper?
    I first saw it on twitter, but it's been reported by reputable sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown View Post

When I heard about it, I had no info as to the size of the limb but its got nothing to do with the size of the limb. I mean considering the structure and open air environment around it someone could have seriously injured. Its no laughing matter. That crap happens at Universal and the world would come unglued. The reason its so alarming is there was not an immediate reason as to why it fell so that means another one "could" fall as well. Wind or no wind it COULD be a serious issue but will probably never be addressed or heard about again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast