Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012

Hybrid View

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter

Big Thunder Refurbishment - Early 2012

EDIT: It's official. January 9-March 31 2012.

While great, I HATE that this is the only time MK E tickets ever go down for refurb. There really should be one ride down for refurb at a time throughout the year. I dunno how Splash is going to hold up without a refrub.
    Last edited by JungleSkip; 10-06-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    AUTOBOTS TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!

UPDATE: Big Thunder will be closed until May 28th, so this will be a very lengthy refurb. Hopefully we'll see some queue enhancements as well as everything on the ride looking great.

Follow hairyleo On Twitter Add hairyleo on Facebook Add hairyleo on Google+ Add hairyleo on MySpace
    Follow hairyleo on Tumblr Follow hairyleo on Flickr Visit hairyleo's Youtube Channel
    This is exciting, actually. I hope they fix any effects that are down and (wishful thinking, I know) put some more in place. I love looking for easter eggs, or just details I missed before.

Really hope nothing is delayed and it opens up on time. Gonna be there in June, most likely

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    So I heard on a recent interview with Bob Gurr that WDI has some very big plans for Big Thunder Ranch in Disneyland, and since we heard on another thread that Avatar isn't all Disney has up its sleeve, what do you think the chances are that something will be happening in WDW's Frontierland? The Lone Ranger just got the green light again, and Depp's success at the box office could be enough to spark some interest in the parks.

Could this rehab be in preparation for something bigger in the future?

OU Fantasy Football League 2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem (4-3)

Quote Originally Posted by jtsalien View Post
    So I heard on a recent interview with Bob Gurr that WDI has some very big plans for Big Thunder Ranch in Disneyland, and since we heard on another thread that Avatar isn't all Disney has up its sleeve, what do you think the chances are that something will be happening in WDW's Frontierland? The Lone Ranger just got the green light again, and Depp's success at the box office could be enough to spark some interest in the parks.

Could this rehab be in preparation for something bigger in the future?
    Frontierland has been talked about since before Fantasyland was announced.

That being said, I REALLY hope Lone Ranger has nothing to do with a possible expansion there. The movie has turdburger written all over it...

Quote Originally Posted by JungleSkip View Post
    Frontierland has been talked about since before Fantasyland was announced.

That being said, I REALLY hope Lone Ranger has nothing to do with a possible expansion there. The movie has turdburger written all over it...
    I don't really think it should either, but people keep saying this movie can revive the western movie in Hollywood. Which, in reality, has nothing to do with how good the movie really is. If Depp can help Disney rake in the bucks that's all that matters. Even if the movie doesn't get a specific attraction, they could be encouraged to move forward with whatever they're working on thanks to an increased interest in the old west.

In my opinion, it's far too early for any Lone Ranger to be planned. The movie was just confirmed to return yesterday. If anything, the idea should be nothing more than blue sky until the movie progresses a little further and they have an idea of what the critics are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbad556 View Post
    In my opinion, it's far too early for any Lone Ranger to be planned. The movie was just confirmed to return yesterday. If anything, the idea should be nothing more than blue sky until the movie progresses a little further and they have an idea of what the critics are saying.
    It probably is. And Bob Gurr said nothing spefic about the plans he saw. Just that it was big and impressive. This could have nothing to do with the movie, this just seems like an opportune time to me. If anyone is interested, the interview was on the most recent episode of the Season Pass Podcast.

I did hear some rumors of a possible Lone Ranger layover on Big Thunder earlier this year, and given that John Lasseter wants to see new films incorporated in the parks as soon as they're released, it wouldn't surprise me if it was seriously discussed. But we'll see. I heard similar plans for Prince of Persia and Sorcerer's Apprentice and you saw how those turned out.

Follow hairyleo On Twitter Add hairyleo on Facebook Add hairyleo on Google+ Add hairyleo on MySpace
    Follow hairyleo on Tumblr Follow hairyleo on Flickr Visit hairyleo's Youtube Channel
    I swear, if Disney takes another classic ride and slaps on a logo I'm not going to be happy. We all know how well that worked for Extra-TERRORestrial.

Visit TSSD's Youtube Channel
    A Lone Ranger overlay on BTMR? God, no!

Ten minutes? We'll be Shark bait in ten minutes!!

I've been reading around on other sites about the movie, and apparently out of the 3 or 4 train robberies/crashes, one of them has a Big Thunder tie in. But I would take that with a huge grain of salt. There is so much about the movie that has and probably will change.

I personally am against ANY theme park turning their rides into billboards for upcoming movies.

Quote Originally Posted by zbob1992 View Post
    I personally am against ANY theme park turning their rides into billboards for upcoming movies.
    To be fair, this is pure speculation on everyone's part. It's not like they're gonna slap Depp's face on the front of the train and call it a day. You can incorporate movies into a park tastefully.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast