DisneyQuest - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DisneyQuest

Visit YETI PINTRADER's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI PINTRADER View Post
    Pirates was really fun and we got the highest ranking both times.
    Yes I mentioned it. I thought that it was great and definitely on my top three things to do there. The fact that you could move around the ship to fire was nice and made it feel much more interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by kirby_is_kyaan View Post
    for instance, I learned that park hopping 3 of the 4 parks and doing two attractions in each of said parks is actually possible... and it isn't supersuicidal, just tiring.
    If you plan your day soundly, it's actually entirely possible to ride *every* E-ticket in each of the four parks in one operating day, even when the park is not open crazy late. I've had several times that I've had friends from out of town visiting who have never been here, so we did a big-time whirlwind tour since they only had that afternoon to see it all.

For it to work you obviously need to have a solid knowledge of the parks, an idea of crowd flow, an understanding of fastpass and a car. Disney transportation is dreadful if you actually want to get anywhere in less than 45 minutes!

Follow kirby_is_kyaan On Twitter Add kirby_is_kyaan on MySpace
    Visit kirby_is_kyaan's Youtube Channel
    We actually managed fine with Disney transportation, and while we are experienced and, at two people who more or less wanted to go on the same rides, mobile, all of our planning consisted of which park we wanted to hit first, then which park after that, then which rides we really wanted to do... no real ideas of crowd flow other than "let's not go on Splash Mountain, 120 minutes really isn't worth it anyway". While the monorail did break down on us and I always have terrible experiences trying to take the bus to Downtown Disney (you have to go to a nearby resort, and apparently wait for what seems like forever), it was otherwise good.

Follow hairyleo On Twitter Add hairyleo on Facebook Add hairyleo on Google+ Add hairyleo on MySpace
    Follow hairyleo on Tumblr Follow hairyleo on Flickr Visit hairyleo's Youtube Channel
    I went to DQ for the first time like 2 years ago and thought it was pretty fun. Pirates was REALLY cool. Unfortunatly, the second time i played, my 3D goggles were broken so it wasn't nearly as fun. The bad part about DQ is that they have a few good major games, but the rest of it is just arcade games. To make it better, they need to get rid of a lot of the regular games and put in major games. And i went on that fighting game when you where the thing on your face, and it kept coming off my face and floating up! It was really hard to beat the bad guys when i couldn't see them!

I rate it a 6 out of 10.

Add TheDecemberists on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby_is_kyaan View Post
    A virtual Halo game and Guitar Hero, now THAT would get them to come.

I was to go there, DHS, and UO two weekends from now with my school band, but it was cancelled and instead we're going to Dallas next year.
    Ouch... That sucks. Are you going to the cotton bowl? When I was freshman our band went there. Worst band trip ever.

So we took advantage of our new Disney passes and hit up DQ for the first time last night. It was a little crowded since it was Saturday night after Thanksgiving but not horrible. The boys and I absolutely loved it, had a blast, the wife not so much but still had fun.

We did the Jungle Cruise ride 3 times and the Pirates twice, I swear my arms feel like wet noddles today! That place is a workout. It's a good time but I really couldn't see paying $40 a person, that is kinda steep for a family of 4! That being said though we have 3 more admissions on our 4 day Fl resident pass so we're gonna try to go back next week. We found out you can upgrade your 4 day play pass to a seasonal pass for not much more $$ but when we do we lose our waterpark/DQ option on them. Nice thing is though if we upgrade by 12/31 we still pick up the extra 3 months free!

Follow EPCOTcenter On Twitter Add EPCOTcenter on Facebook
    Visit EPCOTcenter's Youtube Channel
    I'm going tomorrow and I'll snap some pics...

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    Rumor has it Ride the Comix will be rethemed to Kingdom Hearts...

From WDWMagic:

So I was chatting with a friend the other day who works at Disney Quest, she said that there has been talk around the place that Ride the Comix is going to be shut down and re-themed into a Kingdom Hearts themed attraction. Which I personally think would be wicked awesome. I also thought that KH needed a presence in that building. Word is that the current ship looking sets well be turned into Gummy Ships and the controllers will be turned into Keyblades. Not sure how the actually game would work but I can't wait to see if this really happens. Remember, this is just a rumor, Im not 100% sure of this myself. Gotta take it with a grain of salt.
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=546050

That would be really great if it happened. I would think that it would be changed to Marvel, although I don't think that it could happen because of the Universal deal. But fighting heartless and then a Disney or villian at the end would be awesome.

Add jj3352 on Facebook Add jj3352 on MySpace
    Visit jj3352's Youtube Channel
    is this worth the price to get in? for just 1 person

Yeah i'd go it's pretty fun if you are into video games. I think they charge half admission after 7 or 7:30 when it closes at 10 so if you just want to swing in for a few hours for like 20 bucks i'd say it's worth it.

Add jj3352 on Facebook Add jj3352 on MySpace
    Visit jj3352's Youtube Channel
    Oo ok thanks for that

I've only been with a group but I'd say it would still be worth it to go it alone. If you like classic arcade games you will have a great time. Some of the big attractions are really great and can be enjoyed alone.

I don't know if any of you guys have been recently, but I rolled in there last night and they had this new game on the 3rd level called tank tank tank! It was pretty fun to play, it reminded me of that game battle tanks that was on the n64 years back.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456