DisneyQuest - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DisneyQuest

Follow FGCUSabre On Twitter Add FGCUSabre on Facebook Add FGCUSabre on MySpace
    Visit FGCUSabre's Youtube Channel
    (2/22/08) Screamscape has been informed of some new developments over at DisneyQuest. Our sources tell us that a meeting was held where the crew was informed that the Cheesecake Factory Express will be closing down in June 2008. Nothing more was really said beyond this, but the big rumor in the shadows is that the old ESPN Zone plan is still in the works. One idea based on a previous development plan leaked a year ago claimed the entire attraction could be shut down by summer, giving them time to transform it into something new in time for the busy winter holiday season. Anyone know more? If a closing is only months away, I’m sure people would like some advanced warning to make one last trip in before it’s too late.
    Rumors again...

"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." Walt Disney

Follow kirby_is_kyaan On Twitter Add kirby_is_kyaan on MySpace
    Visit kirby_is_kyaan's Youtube Channel
    If they're true, at least I can say I was at the old DisneyQuest.

I almost went but we canceled our plans. I really want to go. Please don't close it lol

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    I like DQ! I really hope they do not close it. Everytime I go there, however, it is always packed.

Quote Originally Posted by FGCUSabre View Post
    Rumors again...
    I actually hope this is true. DQ was fun when I was like 14...for about 5 minutes.

I hope they can put something a lot more useful and fun in there.

The rumor is a bigger ESPN zone. So that may be less fun.

that was the original rumor from last year also. They were thinking maybe putting a sports arcade upstairs using some of the old DQ attractions and such.

Other Trivia
    Opening Day June 19, 1998 so maybe is was a 10 year contract???

The Genie from Aladdin is an unofficial mascot of DisneyQuest.

The second DisneyQuest was built and opened in Chicago, but it was permanently closed on September 4, 2001 due to low attendance. After the failure of DisneyQuest Chicago, the DisneyQuest project was officially brought to an end.

"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." Walt Disney

ajent Guest
    I've always wanted to go, because what I was told is once you're in, you just give yourself credits.. (don't need money to play).
    But i've also heard the lines are extremely long.

the one for PotC was over 45 minutes, so I didn't do it but I heard it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredoldspook View Post
    The rumor is a bigger ESPN zone. So that may be less fun.
    Whatever.

That'd be better than what's already there.

POtc is a lot of fun. I have only been in October and on weekdays, very small crowds then.

(2/26/08) Not that this is a clear sign that DisneyQuest is saved, but I’ve been told that the Cheesecake Factory’s contract was simply up and Disney wasn’t interested in signing a new deal. The plan is to simply take over the food operations there themselves. As I said before, this doesn’t mean that DQ is saved by any means. In fact, I would think it may be even easier to do whatever they want to the building once Cheesecake Factory is out and wont have to deal with the headaches of early contract termination.

Still... Disney has bigger fish to fry right now. There is still the issue of what to do with the Virgin Megastore if they pull out and according to the latest Jim Hill article, Cirque’s contract is also up for renewal and they are still looking for a site to place an Apple Store. The good news there is that Disney may opt to build the ESPN Zone into the Virgin Megastore building instead of DisneyQuest.

More from Yesterday - this is a great sum up. It sounds like DQ is saved for now....

I really recommend check out this link. It has some great rumors about the whole Dinsey Quest Project and why Disney is now supporting Disney Quest after all these years. Apparently with all these new resorts going up...Disney wants to look like a strong company and prove they do not just give up on projects so quickly. It makes a lot of sense actually. Especially with all the other moves.

Also be sure to read the part about Cirque and how their contract talks are going. I think Cirque will stay - but the show may change. Maybe they will copy Disney Tokyos that is in development now giving guest a new show?

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...ide-waltz.aspx

I thought DQ was good for about the fist hour but after that it gets realyl boring. Half the time the place is packed so you have to wait forever just to get on a game; then some of the time the games are disfunctioning. I've always gotten in for free so I luckily havn't wasted any of my money. I wouldn't recommend this "Attraction"

Quote Originally Posted by FGCUSabre View Post
    More from Yesterday - this is a great sum up. It sounds like DQ is saved for now....

I really recommend check out this link. It has some great rumors about the whole Dinsey Quest Project and why Disney is now supporting Disney Quest after all these years. Apparently with all these new resorts going up...Disney wants to look like a strong company and prove they do not just give up on projects so quickly. It makes a lot of sense actually. Especially with all the other moves.

Also be sure to read the part about Cirque and how their contract talks are going. I think Cirque will stay - but the show may change. Maybe they will copy Disney Tokyos that is in development now giving guest a new show?

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...ide-waltz.aspx

I have only been to DQ twice and haven't been since like 2001 or something, and it was ok, but obviously haven't felt the need to go back again in 7 years.
    I hope they keep Cirque, but do change the show. I saw La Nouba years ago and loved it, but would definately like to see different Cirque show. I saw a travelling one in Miami also, and all there shows are just amazing to me, so for them to change out La Nouba and get to see another one there... heck yes!

My birthday is in April - I will start taking donations if someone wants to buy me a DQ or Cirque ticket. I am not picky!! Cheap seats are fine. ;-) haha

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast