Follow bobwadd On Twitter
    Visit bobwadd's Youtube Channel

2 Accused In Credit Card Scam At Universal

Found on "wftv.com"

2 Accused In Credit Card Scam At Universal

Credit Card Scam Busted At Universal Studios

Posted: 5:57 pm EDT June 12, 2011
    Updated: 7:45 am EDT June 13, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando Police said they arrested two people for using fake credit cards to buy thousands of dollars worth of tickets to Universal Studios.

Police said 19-year-old Joan Rodriguez de la Torre, and 21-year-old Isabel Rodriguez-Nazario, were involved in a major scheme to defraud Universal Studios out of thousands of dollars in tickets.

The couple told police a man approached them about the scheme at a gas station in Miami and offered to pay them $30 for every ticket they bought at Universal Studios with fake credit cards.

On Friday, the couple drove up to Orlando and successfully purchased 30 tickets and sold 23 of them that day, some at local motels and others on Craigslist.

People near the theme park said they're not shocked at the scheme because of the economy.

"People will do anything to make money, its kind of ridiculous," said Amanda Cullen, who was visiting the park on Saturday.

The suspects tried the scheme again and on Saturday they were able to buy 40 tickets, but Universal employees became suspicious because the couple was bouncing from ticket booth to ticket booth and the fake credit cards wouldn't scan correctly, according to police.

Officers searched the suspects' car and found $1,400 in cash, merchandise and a GPS system that were all bought with the fake credit cards, police said.

Copyright 2011 by wftv.com.

Visit Mike554's Youtube Channel
    Why Universal?

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    For Harry Potter probably, who knows?

And how stupid were these women, did they not think they would notice them jumping from booth to booth? Only people from Miami
    2010/2012 FFL CHAMP/ 2013 RUNNER UP

Visit TSSD's Youtube Channel
    Seriously? This is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while!

Ten minutes? We'll be Shark bait in ten minutes!!

Probaly but why not Disney those are harder to get for most people due to money.

Visit TSSD's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike554 View Post
    Probably but why not Disney? Those are harder to get for most people, due to money.
    Are you really complaining that two morons tried to illegally sell Uni tickets, not Disney tickets?

Ten minutes? We'll be Shark bait in ten minutes!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSSD View Post
    Are you really complaining that two morons tried to illegally sell Uni tickets, not Disney tickets?
    Not complaining but i guess this shows how popular Unviersal is becoming.

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    Probaly but why not Disney those are harder to get for most people due to money.
    There's a lot less options to worry about with Universal.

OU Fantasy Football League 2013 CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem

Universal is tough on CC fraud. I saw a soda vendor refuse to sell something to a young couple and their young child once over a credit card. I got the sense that it wasn't that it wouldn't go through... but something caused the vendor to suspect credit fraud. I have never witnessed such scrutiny at Disney. On the other hand Uni security is more police like and Disney security is more Mall-Cop. I find Mall-Cop security seriously offensive as it treats one like a murderer for a misguided minor infraction. Uni security is tough nuts on the right people and leaves the good to go on their way. Seems the same goes for their general sales staff.

Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Why Universal?
    Might have had somebody working the Disney lines already.....

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Good to see these crooks get caught!
    RIP JAWS

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Not complaining but i guess this shows how popular Unviersal is becoming.
    Really....?

Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    Really....?
    Universal is getting more popular you have to admit.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Universal is getting more popular you have to admit.
    That has nothing to do with 2 idiots trying to scam the system though. You're reaching for a connection on this one, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    That has nothing to do with 2 idiots trying to scam the system though. You're reaching for a connection on this one, sorry.
    Perhaps i'm grasping at straws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast