Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs - Page 11
Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Barney could definitely go. The only time I find that attraction the least bit amusing is when I have to walk through the attraction at Halloween Horror Nights.

Quote Originally Posted by violarum View Post
    Hm... Hm...

- Nickelodeon Studios instead of Kidzone.
    - Current new Spongebob store remade into general Nickelodeon store.
    - E.T. remade into the "Studio Tour" of the area as a bus ride turned into a small indoor coaster.
    - A:TLA attraction where Animal Actors is.
    - Bikini Bottom in Fievel's location, but encompassing the Nuthouse coaster as well, all indoors.
    - Nick Jr. live show where Barney is.
    - Outside live show with huge slime fountain where Curious George is. Old time capsule placed here as well.
    - Wacky facades down new Nickelodeon Way depicting a slimed-out kids city.
    Good ideas!

These are some of my ideas I jotted down a few hours ago where the entirety of KidZone would be Spongebob themed:

-Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket for food options
    -Retheme ET to Sandy's Bikini Bottom Adventures, where guests would get into a ride vehicle that lets them "dive" into the underwater city of Bikini Bottom
    -The play areas could be transformed into areas that are themed to Jellyfish Fields and Glove World
    -The current coaster could be rethemed to Spongebob's terrible driving at Mrs. Puff's Boating School

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by musgrave View Post
    Barney could definitely go. The only time I find that attraction the least bit amusing is when I have to walk through the attraction at Halloween Horror Nights.
    I personally feel the same way, but then again, I'm not in Barney's demographic, nor do I have anyone in my family that is. There needs to be something for them too. Though, they could re-theme it to Dora and Diego, or Blue's Clues, or something else from Nickelodeon. I remember I used to watch Gullah Gullah Island too as a kid, but they probably don't have that anymore...

^ They can go to Seuss Landing.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by musgrave View Post
    ^ They can go to Seuss Landing.
    That's in the other park They need to cover all the demographics in both parks for maximum profitability, so they can put more love into the resort, which we all benefit from!

@attractions shared this photo of a strange pole in Jurassic Park. I have a hunch that it's supposed to be holding one of the newer wait time screens seen throughout the rest of IOA.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    I must admit I don't like these new wait time screens... I really hate the cyan background. Such an eye sore... I hope these will be made-over, themed, whatever. Just make them fit better for the feel of IoA in general or to each of the islands. Please Uni!

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    I must admit I don't like these new wait time screens... I really hate the cyan background. Such an eye sore... I hope these will be made-over, themed, whatever. Just make them fit better for the feel of IoA in general or to each of the islands. Please Uni!
    Well, not to mention that every time I read them, they're not correct. Especially the one in Port of Entry. Maybe it's just me, but that thing is so deceiving.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    Well, not to mention that every time I read them, they're not correct. Especially the one in Port of Entry. Maybe it's just me, but that thing is so deceiving.
    Well, I always take the posted wait times, on these signs or at attraction entrances, with a grain of salt. That's not to say I don't pay any attention to them, but I judge more by the crowds and how long the line takes to move. Wait time signs are not updated every second, and probably not even every minute. So, we might see a number there, but as soon as we turn away, they could have updated it with a huge jump or descent in the wait time. But anyways... if we're going to have them, please make them easy on the eyes, or at least fitting of their environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Well, I always take the posted wait times, on these signs or at attraction entrances, with a grain of salt. That's not to say I don't pay any attention to them, but I judge more by the crowds and how long the line takes to move. Wait time signs are not updated every second, and probably not even every minute. So, we might see a number there, but as soon as we turn away, they could have updated it with a huge jump or descent in the wait time. But anyways... if we're going to have them, please make them easy on the eyes, or at least fitting of their environment.
    Now that I think of it, that's very true. I remember times that I've waited five minutes in a supposed half hour+ wait, and then 90 minutes in a 20 minute wait... I call BS on E-Ticket waits always. I've walked onto rides like FJ when it was supposedly a 20 minute+ wait, namely on peak nights like New Years Eve. My major problem with the wait signs is that I don't think they're changed as often as they should. I've seen gaps of one hour+ for updates. Especially on that darned Port of Entry sign.

From AmusementPics

The area behind Richter's is look quite spiffy in time for Cinespec:

The Confisco Grille is recieving some attention in the way of its roof being replaced:

Why care about your theme park visit when you can help decide what Biggest Loser spinoff is least unbearable to sit through!:

Finally, this snack stand in Toon Lagoon is behind work walls:

Follow ReelJustice On Twitter Add ReelJustice on Facebook Add ReelJustice on Google+
    1) The resort is looking great
    2) I just saw the Confisco Grill roof permit a few minutes ago. Small world.
    3) What did the NBC preview building in PoE used to be? And, why aren't they doing this in USF...where it would make sense???
    "What have they got in there, King Kong?"-Dr. Ian Malcolm

That TV Preview location in Port of Entry would make a great looking entrance and location for a Walkthrough/Adventurer's Club type attraction.

Is that the domed building on the right before the arch in POE... I did a survey in there once... real purdy.

Anyone have any updates on how the Spongebob store is looking? I know there was not much to look at about a month ago with the way the walls are and all. This means there may not be much to see but I have not heard anyone report on that in a long while.

Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast