What do you shoot with? - Page 6
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you shoot with?

Showoff

Still trying to figure out what type of camera I'd like...
    I take Creative Photo at school, and we've got simpler digital cameras.
    I always use the Canon (or, when she let's me, the Olympus).
    And as I've got a trip coming up this summer, my parents are talking about getting us cameras. So what should I put on my wishlist?

What kind of budget we talking here?

That depends on what my mother's willing to spend, but I'd go with $100-$200. I'm not expecting the greatest camera in the world but I would like some options... Who knows, I might be able to score an awesome camera...
    But the budget is probably limited to $100, maybe $150...

Quote Originally Posted by Frogki View Post
    That depends on what my mother's willing to spend, but I'd go with $100-$200. I'm not expecting the greatest camera in the world but I would like some options... Who knows, I might be able to score an awesome camera...
    But the budget is probably limited to $100, maybe $150...
    Nice Point and Shoots are going to continue to come down in price since DSLR's are becoming more affordable. Maybe look at a non-mirrored DSLR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrorl...le-lens_camera

Follow jh32488 On Twitter Add jh32488 on Facebook Add jh32488 on Google+
    Follow jh32488 on Tumblr Follow jh32488 on Flickr Visit jh32488's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakemeister View Post
    Nice Point and Shoots are going to continue to come down in price since DSLR's are becoming more affordable. Maybe look at a non-mirrored DSLR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrorl...le-lens_camera
    it wouldn't be a DSLR without a mirror. DSLR = Digital Single Lens Reflex

a theme park meetup? click here
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3680177

It'll probably be a point and shoot. I've been looking and I've got one in mind...
    I don't have any experience with a DSLR, and my sister will probably be getting the same camera, so a point and shoot will work out well for both of us.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...16721#overview

My mother is considering one of these for my sister, and herself. Would this be a good option for a two-week road trip (and obviously after the trip we'll be using them).

Follow jh32488 On Twitter Add jh32488 on Facebook Add jh32488 on Google+
    Follow jh32488 on Tumblr Follow jh32488 on Flickr Visit jh32488's Youtube Channel
    I don't recommend Sony cameras because of the proprietary card they use.

Get the most expense Canon or Nikon point and shoot you can

- from a former electronics store employee and employed full time in film now

I've found one I really like - issue being it's $50 more than my mother really wanted to spend. For al 3 of us to get it, she'd spend $450...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=4858411

I have a DSLR and a point and shoot. My DSLR is a Canon and my point and shoot is a Sony. Both brands are great and if your budget only allows you the Sony go for it. I have a Sony Cybershot 14.1MP I picked up for about 130 bucks over a year and half ago. The colors and clarity it gets for a camera that only costs 130 bucks are incredible.

Frogki, here are a few pictures can you tell what camera was used without cheating?

Hmm. Would those be Sony photos? lol
    Well I'm looking at all the options. I liked the Sony - and my camera teacher is helping me look for photos as well, so I'll let you know what I decide on. The Sony was my favorite from the beginning, but the whole SD card thing discouraged me from buying a Sony. But I love your photos, and it has the panoramic option I really want...
    Anyway, I'll let you know what I decide on soon...

The top 4 are from the Sony and the bottom 2 are from my Canon DSLR.

Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    I love my Sonys!

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Nikon D100 With Aspherical 28-90 Lens & A Flower Hood to top it off

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    How do you guys clean your SLR's lenses and what else do you guys do to maintain them in top shape? Sorry, I'm such a noob with this equipment..

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast