Aspiring Park Photographer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Aspiring Park Photographer

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 21, 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    13,944
    Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakemeister View Post
    I have Horror Night friends who bought a D-90 just because of how good of night pics it takes. BUT personally I can't take sh** at night. That's prob because I'm still a fledgling/amateur and learning photographer.
    Oh, I'm not saying you can't get good shots. It's just after several discussion with pro/experienced photographers, the common consensus was that Canon's were better for night/low light.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 02, 2009
    Location
    Callejón Diagon
    Posts
    7,004
    Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    I just found this thread and I must BUMP it for it's awesomeness. Thanks everyone for the advice! I got a Rebel T3 a few months ago, and I've been so busy I haven't had that much time to play with it, but I'm getting it out more and more lately. I wanted to ask:

    What lenses do you guys recommend for the Rebel T3?

    Tips for cleaning/caring for the lenses?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 17, 2010
    Posts
    12,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    I just found this thread and I must BUMP it for it's awesomeness. Thanks everyone for the advice! I got a Rebel T3 a few months ago, and I've been so busy I haven't had that much time to play with it, but I'm getting it out more and more lately. I wanted to ask:

    What lenses do you guys recommend for the Rebel T3?

    Tips for cleaning/caring for the lenses?

    I am getting this lens before HHN this year! I said it last year but I spent to much money on our trip to HHN Hollywood, Disneyland, and the Grand Canyon!

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=9979969

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 12, 2009
    Posts
    9,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    What lenses do you guys recommend for the Rebel T3?
    Are you asking about what focal length lenses or what brand? I believe that most brands use their own lens mounts and are incompatible unless an adapter is used.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 02, 2009
    Location
    Callejón Diagon
    Posts
    7,004
    Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    I am getting this lens before HHN this year! I said it last year but I spent to much money on our trip to HHN Hollywood, Disneyland, and the Grand Canyon!

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=9979969
    Holy... expensiveness! But I guess expensive cam, expensive lenses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Teebin View Post
    Are you asking about what focal length lenses or what brand? I believe that most brands use their own lens mounts and are incompatible unless an adapter is used.
    Any advice is welcome! LOL! I'm a total novice with DSLRs...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 09, 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    801
    Follow jh32488 On Twitter Add jh32488 on Facebook Add jh32488 on Google+
    Follow jh32488 on Tumblr Follow jh32488 on Flickr Visit jh32488's Youtube Channel
    save your cash and get the f/1.8 its much cheaper.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+.../1.8&cp=1&lp=1

    a theme park meetup? click here
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3680177

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 02, 2009
    Location
    Callejón Diagon
    Posts
    7,004
    Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by jh32488 View Post
    save your cash and get the f/1.8 its much cheaper.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+.../1.8&cp=1&lp=1
    What's the difference between an f/1.4 and an f/1.8 ?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 12, 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    I am getting this lens before HHN this year! I said it last year but I spent to much money on our trip to HHN Hollywood, Disneyland, and the Grand Canyon!

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=9979969
    What kind of SLR are you using, and what do you primarily shoot? Because while the 50mm f/1.4 is a great, sharp lens, if you're using it on an APS-C sensor body, its applications are a bit limited beyond portrait photography. If it's at all possible for you to save a little bit more money, I'd recommend the 28mm f/1.8. If you intend to primarily shoot landscapes/theme park stuff, you'll be glad you have the extra breathing room in your frame, as the 50mm is the equivalent to an 80mm lens on a cropped body.
    Last edited by USFguy; 04-21-2012 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 19, 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Posts
    5,151
    Follow Hockeyman55 On Twitter Add Hockeyman55 on Facebook
    Follow Hockeyman55 on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    I am getting this lens before HHN this year! I said it last year but I spent to much money on our trip to HHN Hollywood, Disneyland, and the Grand Canyon!

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=9979969
    Did you ever get this lens HTF? Sigma is coming out with a new 35mm f/1.4 that im debating on getting next year but also want to get a new camera body so may hold off on getting the lens. Its a lot of money for a lens that I would really only use taking dark ride shots and some night shots and not sure it would be worth the investment.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 17, 2010
    Posts
    12,559
    No and funny that you speak of this because I just got an email from corporate. Apparently I was enrolled in a vacation buy program that I never elected. I just caught it about three weeks ago and was trying to figure out what it was. Long story short I'm getting about a grand back on my next paycheck. Due do it pretty much being money I never had I'm gonna put half into an IRA or some kind of savings account and then probably treat myself to this.

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-...3&keywords=T4i

    Anyone have any thoughts on the camera choice? I am looking to upgrade the body only and the digic 5 processor is something I am really leaning towards.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 19, 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Posts
    5,151
    Follow Hockeyman55 On Twitter Add Hockeyman55 on Facebook
    Follow Hockeyman55 on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    No and funny that you speak of this because I just got an email from corporate. Apparently I was enrolled in a vacation buy program that I never elected. I just caught it about three weeks ago and was trying to figure out what it was. Long story short I'm getting about a grand back on my next paycheck. Due do it pretty much being money I never had I'm gonna put half into an IRA or some kind of savings account and then probably treat myself to this.

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-...3&keywords=T4i

    Anyone have any thoughts on the camera choice? I am looking to upgrade the body only and the digic 5 processor is something I am really leaning towards.

    Score!!!! Those are the best kind of surprises.

    As for the camera do you plan on selling your old body? Im not super familiar with the Canon cameras so cant really tell you if one is better than the other but if you do decide to sell your body should be able to get a decent amount to help fund the new one. Heck if you planned on spending that amount anyways and sell it then why not look at an even higher model than the T4?


    Checkout these 2

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CMOS-Dig...+60d+body+only

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CMOS-Dig...words=canon+7d
    Last edited by Hockeyman55; 12-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 10, 2010
    Location
    NoRemorse Cemetery
    Posts
    6,625
    Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Or sell the body for a $ lens.

    b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 21, 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    13,944
    Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    I think you should use that money as an Xmas gift for me.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 17, 2010
    Posts
    12,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman55 View Post
    Score!!!! Those are the best kind of surprises.

    As for the camera do you plan on selling your old body? Im not super familiar with the Canon cameras so cant really tell you if one is better than the other but if you do decide to sell your body should be able to get a decent amount to help fund the new one. Heck if you planned on spending that amount anyways and sell it then why not look at an even higher model than the T4?


    Checkout these 2

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CMOS-Dig...+60d+body+only

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CMOS-Dig...words=canon+7d
    Those are great cameras but not sure if I really need all that. I mean what are the benefits between those and the T4i from a theme park perspective? Most here see what 90% of my photos are and that's what I enjoy. My favorites pictures to take are high speed action shots and night photography. So with that in mind is it worth the extra money to go for the 60d or 7d? I've done very little research so far but know I'm sticking with Canon and I want to upgrade. My current camera is the XS 10.1 MP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octobers Fade View Post
    Or sell the body for a $ lens.
    Been looking at a Fisheye or another low light 28-35mm lens actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    I think you should use that money as an Xmas gift for me.
    Bag of coal it is By the way did you sell your old one?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 19, 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Posts
    5,151
    Follow Hockeyman55 On Twitter Add Hockeyman55 on Facebook
    Follow Hockeyman55 on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Those are great cameras but not sure if I really need all that. I mean what are the benefits between those and the T4i from a theme park perspective? Most here see what 90% of my photos are and that's what I enjoy. My favorites pictures to take are high speed action shots and night photography. So with that in mind is it worth the extra money to go for the 60d or 7d? I've done very little research so far but know I'm sticking with Canon and I want to upgrade. My current camera is the XS 10.1 MP.
    Gotcha. For some reason I thought you already had the T3 The T4i looks like its perfect for what you are looking for and will be a nice upgrade judging by the specs

    http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Re...gital_Rebel_XS

    Besides the higher resolution you will gain faster frames per second shooting and higher ISO boost both of which will help you with what you are looking for. And its not crazy expensive so that will leave you money to get Briman his xmas gift

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Orlando United is a website founded upon the desires of all Orlando theme park fans. We at Orlando United believe fans should be united in their discussions, ideas, reviews, questions, or any other related activities without having to feel intimidated or unwelcome in their searches. Orlando United was made to bring together fans of the Universal Orlando resort and allow them to discuss without strict rules, unruly opposition, or any other difficulties. We believe that while our initial mission has been a success, we plan to grow each day and add to the intellectual, sophisticated discussion that occurs hourly on our message boards. We intend to be the friendliest of websites, welcoming all members to join us in helping the mission become a successful one. We intend to keep this promise to our members, and to our casual guests because Orlando United is a one-of-a-kind website experience. Our initiative began February 2nd, 2008 and continues to this day. One day, we hope all current and future members can rejoice on our site and let the world know, we are United.

Join us