Food & Wine Festival 2011
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food & Wine Festival 2011

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel

Food & Wine Festival 2011

We are still a good 6 months away, but I've heard some interesting rumors about this year's event.

From what I was told, the American booth/stand will be replaced with a Polynesian one. The American Beer Booth and it's activities will be staying however. Basically, your losing the Chili.

Another stand that apparently is getting the axe is New Zealand's booth. However, it's replacement (if there is one) is not known at this time.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    I wasn't able to try the chili, mainly because I was full from everything else

But I wouldn't mind if they replace New Zealand with something more caribbean. I feel Jamaica should have a booth as I'm sure Disney could come up with a KILLER jerk chicken recipe.
    2010/2012 FFL CHAMP/ 2013 RUNNER UP

Follow figment1986 On Twitter Add figment1986 on Facebook Add figment1986 on MySpace
    Visit figment1986's Youtube Channel
    In other news the cost of your thimble of Cheddar Cheese Soup will be going up....

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    In other news the cost of your thimble of Cheddar Cheese Soup will be going up....
    Believe it or not, I was a bit disppointed with the soup. It wasn't bad for any reason, but it was more spicy and bacon flavor than cheese, it was the letdown for me of the event.

Now the Corn and Beef Choclos from Chile were an absolute surprise and MAJORLY delicious.

How many people want to eat chili in October when it still feels great outside? I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakemeister View Post
    How many people want to eat chili in October when it still feels great outside? I know I don't.
    My beef is that an America booth was pointless because we can pretty much get similar food anywhere, anytime.

Follow figment1986 On Twitter Add figment1986 on Facebook Add figment1986 on MySpace
    Visit figment1986's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BriMan View Post
    My beef is that an America booth was pointless because we can pretty much get similar food anywhere, anytime.
    now if they served specialties from regions in America not already in Orlando.. it would be better... Though didn't they have "buffalo" something one year? that's pretty rare now a days...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrus View Post
    Believe it or not, I was a bit disppointed with the soup. It wasn't bad for any reason, but it was more spicy and bacon flavor than cheese, it was the letdown for me of the event.

Now the Corn and Beef Choclos from Chile were an absolute surprise and MAJORLY delicious.
    Might have been a rogue batch? Though if you've seen the recipe you would see they have tobacco and a bunch of bacon in there in addition to Canadian cheddar.

now if they served specialties from regions in America not already in Orlando.. it would be better... Though didn't they have "buffalo" something one year? that's pretty rare now a days...
    You can get a Buffalo Burger at Fuddruckers at the Crossroads.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter

Might have been a rogue batch? Though if you've seen the recipe you would see they have tobacco and a bunch of bacon in there in addition to Canadian cheddar.
    By the time I had come around they had ran out so they were making another batch...maybe they rushed it, but it was ok, nothing out of this world. Maybe I need to try the one in Le Cellier, which I'm sure is better.

Follow bciech8 On Twitter Add bciech8 on Facebook
    The EPCOT F&B manager has said the Cheddar Cheese Soup will definitely be there this year.

She also said that EPCOT is looking in to having a year-round food and wine "sampling" booth, so you can have some of the delicious things they have all year long.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bciech8 View Post
    The EPCOT F&B manager has said the Cheddar Cheese Soup will definitely be there this year.

She also said that EPCOT is looking in to having a year-round food and wine "sampling" booth, so you can have some of the delicious things they have all year long.
    That would be GREAT, along with a rotating menu on there would be excellent.

I'm excited to check it out this year. I've been able to get into Disney for free since I was born, but I've somehow managed to never check this out...

Eat to the Beat Concert line up announced

http://www.orlandounited.com/2011/05...-up-announced/

I'm glad to know I'll be stuffing my face to boyz 2 men and hanson

Follow rotcav On Twitter Add rotcav on Facebook Add rotcav on Google+
    Follow rotcav on Tumblr Follow rotcav on Flickr Visit rotcav's Youtube Channel
    The buffalo chili was ehhh. Tasted far to similar to Bushs' canned chili to me... Wasn't as "authentic" as I had hoped for. I'll be glad to see something fresh in the mix there this year. As for the lineup... Hanson? Really... Really........... *falls into coma*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast