Food & Wine Festival 2011 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Food & Wine Festival 2011

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    Yeap, this is the reason I'm more then likely not going until the first 2 weeks of October, it lets the fall break crowds come and go and the weather to cool down.
    2010/2012 FFL CHAMP/ 2013 RUNNER UP

Follow Friar Tuck & Roll On Twitter Add Friar Tuck & Roll on MySpace
    Follow Friar Tuck & Roll on Flickr
    Yes, the crowds were insane on Friday, and it was extremely hot as well. Saturdays crowds were just as bad in the late morning and probably worse as the day went on, but at least the weather is cooling down.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    I'm heading out there thie Friday and going to hit 2 days worth of Food and Wine both Friday and Saturday.

Any new foods this year that are an absolute? I've been hearing the Jerk Chicken in the Caribbean stand is excellent.

I've heard that the empanadas and the kalua pork sliders are great.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Yesssss I read about those sliders as well

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    I'm still hoping to go this year, but there's only a couple of weeks left... I really hope I can make it! I've been wanting to go for years...

How are the last couple of weeks, crowd-wise?

Gonna try to get out there for a visit but I have just been sooo busy, not to mention my Disney passes expired. Vyrus from what I've heard the pork sliders are a must!

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    I'm doing 2 days worth so I'm sure to get my fill of those German draft beers and the pork sliders amongst other things I have my eye on.

I'm also glad there is a nobody performing in concert as well which means less crowds in food lines.

And Felipe, generally the lines these next couple of weeks aren't so bad because Halloween is through, so no more MNSSHP and people are saving money for xmas shopping, thanksgiving etc...

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrus View Post
    I'm also glad there is a nobody performing in concert as well which means less crowds in food lines.

And Felipe, generally the lines these next couple of weeks aren't so bad because Halloween is through, so no more MNSSHP and people are saving money for xmas shopping, thanksgiving etc...
    That makes sense. Hope I can make it this weekend...

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Well I did 2 days of the festival, Friday night was very light with the lines, Saturday afternoon was much more crowded.

Best things I ate:

Hawaii - Pork Sliders
    Canada - Cheese Soup
    Singapore - Beef Rendang
    Argentina - Churrasco and Beef Empanada
    Mexico - Ribeye Taco
    France - Coq au vin
    Austrailia - Lamb Chop

Everything else I ate was good, not great, but I had an awesome time and drank some GREAT beer.

Anything in Brewers Collection was great, the Kona Pipeline in Hawaii was fantastic, and Linenkugel's Berry Weiss at the Craft Beers was very sweet and excellent on the palatte.

Best beer deal though is the 3 - 8oz samplers in any of the beer places, and the 20oz Dos Equis in Mexico.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    That's awesome Vyrus! I like how Argentina's dishes are among your favorites :D

Unfortunately I won't be attending this year... again. Time and money-wise it just didn't work out, but I'm hopeful for next year!

I think my favorite thing I had never tried that I tried this year was the lettuce wrap in Korea. That was delicious.

How does this event work? Is there a ticket you buy where you can sample everything, or you just buy each thing individually?

You buy each thing individually. There is a gift card that you can load money into and you can use that to pay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234