The Condition of the Yeti AA - Page 26
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Condition of the Yeti AA

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    Expedition Everest: Laughing my f* a* off..
    duh... and here I was focusing on his typos. *going to the corner*

I think the Yeti lovers should band together and demand A mode come back! If Disney refuses then we storm the gates!

READY FOR BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Cwoolboy View Post
    I think the Yeti lovers should band together and demand A mode come back! If Disney refuses then we storm the gates!
    Storm the gates to do what? ...ride it in disco mode like as do anyway?

Still broken, moving on.

I am going to venture again to say it is just never going to be fixed. I can't think of anything else of this magnitude that has been completely broken and down for this many years without being fixed and than all of a sudden it is.

The truth of the matter is Everest will no longer be the kind of ticket it is If/when Avatar and other attractions open. It is now 6 years old.

This would be like the Tesla Coil of Maelstrom coming back tomorrow. Only that is actually more likely.

Add Tiggerama15 on Facebook
    About when did the Yeti break down? I know its been down for a while, but it was still working went I went to Disney World in 2006. When I went that time, everything was working except for the yeti "shadow" when your car switches back to forward position. Also, where's the falcon you were talking about earlier?
    Last edited by Tiggerama15; 04-07-2012 at 04:38 AM.
    "But the most wonderful thing about TIGGERS is i'm the only one!":tigger:

Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerama15 View Post
    About when did the Yeti break down? I know its been down for a while, but it was still working went I went to Disney World in 2006. When I went that time, everything was working except for the yeti "shadow" when your car switches back to forward position. Also, where's the falcon you were talking about earlier?
    At the roll back.

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerama15 View Post
    About when did the Yeti break down?
    I'm pretty sure it started acting a little off in 2007.

Now that someone has posted a picture of the tall steel tower that supports the yeti mechanism, I now have a much better understanding why the thing isn't working. Engineers underestimated the fulcrum that was created by mounting it so high; it had no relationship to testing it on the ground back in California.

Fulcrum example. Take a spade shovel and drive it deep into your lawn. Now grab the handle at its base above the spade and try to yank and dig the soil up. You can't. But grab the shovel by the top of the handle and pull it back... up comes the lawn and soil.

For those who have never seen the super heavy heaving mechanism of the Yeti, watch the video below starting at 04:48

So, this begs the question. Why haven't they poured bases for steel angle braces to stabilize the top of the tower from all sides? Not enough room to create the needed angle? It appears they could weave them through the existing structure but I will assume it is more complicated than I can understand. Other possibility is that Disney is scrimping so much these days that they will not spend the 300K-700K to have the work done.
    Last edited by Teebin; 05-17-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    I'm willing to bet that they did account for it, then made sacrifices in order to fit the design in the structure. It just might be in too tight of a space to properly position the figure.

And really, it's the largest dynamic figure ever built. It's not too shocking that they might have gotten it wrong.

OU Fantasy Football League 2014 DEFENDING CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem (1-3)

The Yeti's movement is so fluid. He's an incredible AA. But what a mistake to show Walt with animatronics 50 years prior and they can't figure out a way to FIX the Yeti in 5 years?

Follow Dr. Emmett Brown On Twitter Add Dr. Emmett Brown on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIrd View Post
    The Yeti's movement is so fluid. He's an incredible AA. But what a mistake to show Walt with animatronics 50 years prior and they can't figure out a way to FIX the Yeti in 5 years?
    Well, there is a way to fix the Yeti...Disney just won't do it.

The ride is having even more problems than just the yeti. It's been going down a lot lately and today it's been e-stopped. One of my friends is on it currently at the top of the mountain and they're contemplating walking them down from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bled View Post
    The ride is having even more problems than just the yeti. It's been going down a lot lately and today it's been e-stopped. One of my friends is on it currently at the top of the mountain and they're contemplating walking them down from the top.
    I'm actually jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bled View Post
    Ahh the lovely transfer track is at it again 95% of the time this ride goes down is due to the transfer tracks located at the broken track and yeti projection.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast