If you ridden Forbidden Journey- Better than Spiderman? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you ridden Forbidden Journey- Better than Spiderman?

Yes, I think it was more thrilling because of the live-action sets. In spiderman, the 3D characters are in your face, while in FJ actual set pieces are in your face. The arm allowing you to get so close to everything is what makes it better IMO.

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matpez View Post
    After one ride I have to say no. Others in my group disagreed, but my decision is not based on the ride technology. If it was FJ wins hands down. The motion of the "bench" is so smooth as you turn, whip, tip, etc. The scenes are amazing, BUT... Spiderman has a very easy to follow, consistent storyline. FJ is more like a bunch of forced together unrelated show scenes.

Now, taking storyline out of it, FJ is far superior, but I feel the storyline is one of the most important parts of keeping an attraction like this) interesting and fun.
    Personally, this is one reason I'm super psyched for Forbidden Journey. I'm tired of being in, and watching a linear journey that our hero is going through. I'd rather have a ride where it's my adventure, like the old Pirates of the Caribbean or The Haunted Mansion, rather than watch a story unfold(like the new Pirates). This is your journey through Hogwarts where a bunch of crazy **** happens along the way.

Add orlandobuff901 on Facebook
    Visit orlandobuff901's Youtube Channel
    I think the fact that it is a crazy storyline makes it Harry Potter. In the books and movies it is always a series of events that changes the storyline of what we expect.
    I WANNA BE A CP AGAIN

Add sethg on Facebook
    I was given the privilege to ride Forbidden Journey on Saturday, and I would say it's much better than Spiderman. The ride is so much more immersive and just all-around more fun than Spiderman is.

I'd definitely say better than Spiderman. It's like Spiderman but with so many other awesome elements added in that you can't deny it's superiority.

Follow emily7793 On Twitter
    What are the seat compartments like? Can you open and close it and securely keep a phone or camera in them?

It's at your lower back and it will be open before you sit down so you'll have to close it wether u use it or not

It is way better than Spiderman like night and day better IMO. I rode Spiderman this afternoon about 2 hours after I rode the FJ and its just insane how much things have progressed. Universal can honestly claim to have the two best dark rides in the United States. To really put it in perspective going from the FJ to Spiderman is like going from the Hulk to Pteranodon Flyers, yeah its that good!

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    It is way better than Spiderman like night and day better IMO. I rode Spiderman this afternoon about 2 hours after I rode the FJ and its just insane how much things have progressed. Universal can honestly claim to have the two best dark rides in the United States. To really put it in perspective going from the FJ to Spiderman is like going from the Hulk to Pteranodon Flyers, yeah its that good!
    I love the fact that people compare two awsome dark rides that happen to be in the same park.. really shows how good IOA still is even with parks like Disney Sea.

FJ and Spidey are just not comparable like, say, Hulk and DC are. They are two TOTALLY different ride techonolgies that both happen to be implemented into dark rides.

To everyone who is saying FJ is better because it's smoother, Spidey is rough in places because it's SUPPOSED TO BE. That's the way it was designed, and it works perfectly.

To the person who said FJ's like being in a box, well yeah that's the storyline. you're flying in a seat. Too bad if you don't like it.

So, neither is better. I found both extremely enjoyable. However I still get the same feeling getting off of TAAoSM as I do from HPatFJ. They're just too different to really compare side-by-side.

Overall, FJ = 9.9998 S-M = 9.9999 for me.

It's not a matter of what the difference in technologies are though.. It's a matter of what is better. Spiderman is more fun than haunted mansion. They aren't using very similar technologies but they're both dark rides. Saying FJ is better means that I would rather ride Fj than SM...They are totally comparable as they are both dark rides. And for that matter I would rather ride SM than Hulk because SM is way more interesting. Any ride can be compared to another ride.
    You eventually might have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyidea View Post
    It's not a matter of what the difference in technologies are though.. It's a matter of what is better. Spiderman is more fun than haunted mansion. They aren't using very similar technologies but they're both dark rides. Saying FJ is better means that I would rather ride Fj than SM...They are totally comparable as they are both dark rides. And for that matter I would rather ride SM than Hulk because SM is way more interesting. Any ride can be compared to another ride.
    Oh, I know, and I agree. That's why I posted my last line. I'm just daying that people are comaring these two as if they're nearly the same thing, and they are not.

Yeah I think that they can be appreciated for their differences. It's nice to know you don't have to go to two separate places to ride the top two dark rides.
    You eventually might have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?

I rode FJ two days ago, and yes, it's better than Spidey (Spidey's still cool, but FJ is better)!

Thanks JokerMan0925 for the sig!

Visit TSSD's Youtube Channel
    Yes.

Ten minutes? We'll be Shark bait in ten minutes!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast