New DTD West Side shop: RIDEMAKERZ

Thread: New DTD West Side shop: RIDEMAKERZ

Add rewster on Facebook Add rewster on MySpace

New DTD West Side shop: RIDEMAKERZ

New shop on the West Side:

Star your engines! Oh, and charge the batteries.

Because now you can build, customize and trick out the radio-controlled vehicle of your dreams at RIDEMAKERZ, the all-new shop at Downtown Disney West Side. Satisfy your need for speed with over 649 million ways to create a mean machine.

Vehicle models include dozens of real world and concept cars: Ford Mustangs, Dodge Vipers, Chevrolet Corvettes, hot rods, pick-up trucks, sport coupes and more!

Choose from hundreds of accessories like Decalz, Side Pipez, Blown-Out Enginez, Spoilerz and Tail Pipez to unleash a one-of-a-kind ride.

Spin by RIDEMAKERZ at Downtown Disney West Side and fuel some excitement!

Just realized today, while at DTD, that THIS is what moved into the old Virgin location.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    Yea the store and concept is kind of cool, but definately more for little kids and a waste of time if you ask me.

DTD has turned into crap. Mcdonalds gone, now this? What's next? The AMC movie theater?

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    The saddest part is walking by the area that was pleasure island and seeing the empty building from Mannequins (great club), and 8Traxx (great club).

Its just all sitting there empty and sooooooooo quiet.

Visit YETI PINTRADER's Youtube Channel
    The store wasn't that bad. It was not just for kids because any car fan would enjoy it. I don't know where it is moving next but the Virgin store is its temporary location until it gets a permanent home after the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by YETI PINTRADER View Post
    The store wasn't that bad. It was not just for kids because any car fan would enjoy it. I don't know where it is moving next but the Virgin store is its temporary location until it gets a permanent home after the summer.
    Ahhh, well that's a relief I guess. I didn't really go in, just saw it down the way and was like...... that's what they're doing with the space???

Either way, a lot rides on whatever ends up in Virgin, IMO. DTD needs CPR, quick.

Over priced stores / none of them stand-out / now this? Wow.

Visit Don Pacho's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    DTD has turned into crap. Mcdonalds gone, now this? What's next? The AMC movie theater?
    I really don't know what happened to McDonalds but I honestly see it as the smartest move the mouse is ever done. Why? Because America is too fat! The mouse does not want to be blamed for sponsoring junk food (anymore). Congratulations Mickie, you've done something about it!
    That happened to me personally! In december I was a CAW. Yes a caw or a rino if you prefer that expression. I used to weight 255 pounds, pants size 42. I've cut all that junk food (I used to love McDonald's breakfasts, mmmh yummy) and now I weigh 187 pounds, pants 36 loose, maybe 34 will fit.

Goodbye Ronald, keep in touch.

Here. McDonalds leftovers, if you want to cry...

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrus View Post
    The saddest part is walking by the area that was pleasure island and seeing the empty building from Mannequins (great club), and 8Traxx (great club).

Its just all sitting there empty and sooooooooo quiet.
    I've experienced Pleasure Island during the first years. I don't know if Mannequins have changed thru the years, but it was so incredible, the moving mannequins, the revolving dance floor, laser lights, etc. etc. I mean, I've never seen anything like that. One club they should keep, at least, is the Adventure's Club.
    I always felt like in an Indiana Jones movie

Some pics for posterity:

--- Update ---

Quote Originally Posted by YETI PINTRADER View Post
    No wonder it is not listed on the Downtown Disney map. Last Memorial Day Weekend I went to Downtown Disney just to see this store what is all about. The concept is a nice idea. Nice store layout, etc. etc. but I am not a kid. I wish during my time we had fancy toys like that.

My pics:

RideMakerz