Coco Key Water Resort
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coco Key Water Resort

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel

Coco Key Water Resort

From Screamscape:

Central Florida News - (12/11/09) CoCo Key has announced plans to open an indoor waterpark resort in Orlando by March 2010. The small indoor waterpark chain typically buys an underperforming hotel and improved it with the waterpark addition. In Orlando the have purchased the Legacy Orlando Grand Resort / Orlando Grand Plaza hotel for their needs, though it seems it wont have as big an indoor waterpark as some of the others, but will instead have a bigger outdoor waterpark section. You can read more at About.Themeparks.
    It sounds interesting to be honest. An indoor waterpark? Really?

Follow Drew On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi1215 View Post
    From Screamscape:

It sounds interesting to be honest. An indoor waterpark? Really?
    They are starting to take off. I keep hearing about them being built left and right. It's a great idea for places up north, but not really necessary in Florida.

I'd like to check one out some day.

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    They are starting to take off. I keep hearing about them being built left and right. It's a great idea for places up north, but not really necessary in Florida.

I'd like to check one out some day.
    Well, technically, it is. It'd be nice to go to a water park without having being told it is closed due to bad weather. ;)

Add Roll N Fear on Facebook
    I think it unnecessary in Orlando. There are way to many as it is already.

I've been to several up North, most notably the Kalahari resort near Cedar Point in Ohio and they are nice and a lot of fun, especially in the snowy months. I'm not sure how necessary that would be down here in Florida though? I suppose the more attractions you have at your resort though the more likely guests are to stay on your property.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    I ahve also stayed the Kalahari in Sandusky, And we LOVED it. And we have also stayed at a couple of The Great Wolf Lodges. I love the indoor waterpark Resorts. I am actually surprised the there isn't a Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari somewhere in the attractions area here. Kalahari is very similar is style to Animal Kingdom Lodge and The Great Wolf Lodges are similar to The Wilderness Lodge. And both Kalahari and The Great Wolf Lodges are true resort type hotels with several restaurants, Coffee Shops, and full service Spas along with other activities like HUGE arcades, indoor mini-golf, large indoor playgrounds (similar to the pooh playground at the MK), and many Great Wolf Lodges have MagiQuest spread over a couple of floors of the hotel and throughout the other public spaces like the lobbby and restaurants. Imagine if you will a Wilderness lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge that had an indoor waterpark, a Dave and Buster's, Congo River Golf, and a Canyon Ranch Spa.
    Down here the indoor part isn't as much a selling part as the fact that most Waterpark Resorts are exclusively for resort guest, resulting in little to no wait times to get on the slides.
    I have not tried the Coco Key brand, but I hear they are not as elaborate as the others I have mentioned, but I am interested in seeing what they have to offer.
    Here is a link to both Kalahari's (Sandusky, OH) and The Great Wolf Lodge (Williamsburg, VA) websites.

http://www.greatwolf.com/williamsburg/waterpark

http://www.kalahariresorts.com/oh/

And here is a Coco Key (Cincinnati, OH) website:

http://www.cocokeywaterresort.com/lo...ati/index.aspx
    Last edited by Disneyhead; 12-11-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Here is where it will be located. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Legacy...16512&t=h&z=17

Just a few miles from UO on I-drive.

I also have stayed at the Kalahari in OH and thought it was perfect. It is always nice and convienient to have a waterpark inside of your hotel.

However, I don't see it being useful down here in the town of bigger and better theme parks and water parks.

Follow wdwbiged On Twitter Add wdwbiged on Facebook
    Visit wdwbiged's Youtube Channel
    I think it would be great to have one here

Follow ralphoutloud On Twitter Add ralphoutloud on Facebook Add ralphoutloud on MySpace
    Visit ralphoutloud's Youtube Channel
    That's ridiculous...I for one wouldn't waste time at this park. I want real sunshine at a Water Park thank you. Just my opinion.

This could be a very hard well in Florida with 8 month Water park weather and also with Aquitica and Wet and Wild, also with Nickelodeon hotel with there little Water park and the other one in Kissemmee. I think it will do fine it is a niche market and they may have the right niche'

I have seen those Big Dollar Water Parks like in Sandusky and Wolf Lodge and I don't think they want to come compete in a year around Theme Park market. They are awersome places but I don't know if you want to come bring that kind of Park to an area were Disney offers a lot of the same things on site. They would be going for the same dollars. Maybe if they added a Golf Course.

Add TheDecemberists on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphoutloud View Post
    That's ridiculous...I for one wouldn't waste time at this park. I want real sunshine at a Water Park thank you. Just my opinion.
    Real sunshine, aye?

Real sunshine causes REAL sun burns and too much of it can cause REAL skin cancer! yayyy! ^_^

A lot of indoor water parks have glass roofs that let sunlight in... so...

And I LOVE indoor water parks! I wish Chattanooga had one! They are so, so incredibly more convenient vs their outdoor counterparts.

Just imagine what Disney or Universal could do with an indoor water park. Think about that...
    Last edited by TheDecemberists; 12-11-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Follow wdwbiged On Twitter Add wdwbiged on Facebook
    Visit wdwbiged's Youtube Channel
    I'd love to see disney do an indoor waterpark ... open year round with no worry for weather

Follow Drew On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDecemberists View Post
    That is the case for most of them, and I'd expect that this would be no different. It's not always pleasant to go to a water park in January, but in a climate controlled indoor water park, I'm sure it's awesome.

It's just like the indoor skiing facility being built in NJ. You can ski in July if that's what your into. That's awesome.

Follow ralphoutloud On Twitter Add ralphoutloud on Facebook Add ralphoutloud on MySpace
    Visit ralphoutloud's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDecemberists View Post
    Real sunshine, aye?

Real sunshine causes REAL sun burns and too much of it can cause REAL skin cancer! yayyy! ^_^

That's not fun to me. I'd rather wait a week for a nice, sunny day then spend a cloudy or rainy day in an indoor waterpark, especially with the average prices in Orlando. (remember, we're talking Orlando here, a place where almost 75% of the year, it is generally feasible to visit a waterpark, I hold nothing against ones where it is only warm for 3 months out of the year.)

I'd rather be outside where there is real sunshine, and a nice breeze. I can imagine already the feeling of humidity and hotness and the smell of the chemicals, gross.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast