Gatorland - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gatorland

It's not like they are doing anything that would hurt the gators!
    And I'll tell you what, if feeding live gators little pieces of hotdogs is wrong, then I don't ever want to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by snoman View Post
    It's not like they are doing anything that would hurt the gators!
    And I'll tell you what, if feeding live gators little pieces of hotdogs is wrong, then I don't ever want to be right.
    To be honest, I don't know what her and her family thought they could get out of going there.

I mean Disney Magic can't out do watching a 500 pound gator jump in the air to get a frozen Muskrat,,,That is real magic.

This really is on my agenda. I can't beat that deal, and it looks like a fun half day attraction.

Make sure you take the train ride to see the little areas they have set up with there history.

Add Roll N Fear on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredoldspook View Post
    I mean Disney Magic can't out do watching a 500 pound gator jump in the air to get a frozen Muskrat,,,That is real magic.
    "But, John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists. "

Quote Originally Posted by Roll N Fear View Post
    "But, John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists. "
    That's like my favorite line from the movie.

So thanks to some nice free tickets from a friend we hit the most magical place on Earth again today. It was rainy and gray most of the day but I managed to still get some pictures:

By the way the newly rebuilt entrance and gift shop (the originals were destroyed in a fire) have turned out really nice. Feels a little bit more like a theme park. Still you can't beat the price, the hotdog feeding gator good times, the redneck humor, and of course the monster gators. Had a great time!

They have a really nice brand new exhibit with albino gators that have shiny blue eyes. Exhibit was well done and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised!

Petting zoo for the kiddies, apparently goats also like the taste of cheap Gatorland rain ponchos...

A little Gatorland humor...

There is also a huge breeding marsh that has a three story observation tower and a really nice boardwalk meandering though it. There are tons of HUGE gators in there and you can get some amazing, and a little scary, very close up shots.

They also have a nice variety of other animals, such as snakes, birds, iguanas, and so on. Caught all three shows too but didn't get pics since my camera died.

This was for sure the best part. They sell packs of hotdogs for you to feed the gators. Their is one part of the boardwalk over the main lake where the giant gators hang out and get gorged on hotdogs from the tourists. Here is what it looks like from 4 feet above:

This is also my new desktop background:

Had a great time, as well as my two boys and their friend, the wife, not so much her cup of tea but whatever. They told us about a program they have where you go with a staff member right down to the waters edge and feed the gators right in your face. They take your picture and of course try to get you to buy it, but the whole thing only costs $10. I'm definitely doing this next trip since we ran out of time this go round. If you've never been or haven't been for a long time I suggest you go check the place out!

I love Gatorland,,,It is just different and The gators amaze me,,that and I like to pet Goats,,,and the llama.

Gatorland 5-14-09 Pics

Had to put my ride in the shop yesterday, and since it's just down the road from Gatorland, I brought the cams with me to pass the time away while it was worked on.

So here are some of the pics.

Part one.

So how did you like the park? I swear out of all the Central Florida attractions this is still my absolute favorite place to go! Also there is a thread on Gatorland over in roadside attractions I believe if mods want to merge. Looking forward to part 2 of the pics!

Part 2

The End

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snoman View Post
    So how did you like the park? I swear out of all the Central Florida attractions this is still my absolute favorite place to go! Also there is a thread on Gatorland over in roadside attractions I believe if mods want to merge. Looking forward to part 2 of the pics!

I always enjoy myself at Gatorland, I have an AP. My fav part of the park is the Swamp Walk. I usually spend 1 or more hours out there on the walk just shooting pics of the trees as well as random creatures I run across.

I had to hold back on posting so many pics of the trees and other foliage I took yesterday, didn't want to bore everybody.

I didn't even catch any of the shows at all yesterday while I was there for about 3 hours.

They are replacing/ have already replaced alot of wood throughout the park. I hadn't been since Nov when I got my AP, so it was nice to see them keeping up the park.

I'll prob go back in a few weeks, since there are a few things I want to try capture with my cams.

Follow ralphoutloud On Twitter Add ralphoutloud on Facebook Add ralphoutloud on MySpace
    Visit ralphoutloud's Youtube Channel
    Freaking incredible pictures X. They are literally out of this world, detail is phenomenal.

GREAT pictures!

I kind of want to go to Gatorland now.

P.S. I really want to brush the albino gator's teeth. Bad.

Really good pictures, Did you take the train ride?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast