Lights of Winter - EPCOT archway???

Thread: Lights of Winter - EPCOT archway???

Lights of Winter - EPCOT archway???

Anyone else hearing a rumor that they are not putting up the Lights of Winter archway in EPCOT this year?

1. There has been no mention of it in any of the WDW press info put out this year.

2. There is no sign of the arches in the Epcot parking lot (they are usually there at this time being staged ready for the install).

No...Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
    No...Arch Lights of Winter

Walt Disney World has made the December holidays a Special Celebration throughout the parks and hotels. This is a grand time to visit WDW and get in the HOLIDAY Spirit!
    Where is the Christmas Disney Magic in EPCOT. :confused3

I think, just a rumor and hope it's completely false!

Photo by Jeff_B (Flickr)
    Last edited by Sabi; 11-10-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    Maybe they're running late with the installation of the arches??

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    It's been confirmed that it's been cancelled.

Follow jainey99 On Twitter
    I'm going to miss that. That was the only area in Epcot I can remember with lots of lights & decorations. I saw that Disney said 'the technology used is obsolete'. I think that's a bunch of BS. They're being cheap - either just don't want to put it up, or maybe something broke they don't want to fix.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring." :D

Wow, that is kind of shocking and disappointing. I hope they still are doing the holiday version of Illuminations though. If they cancel that no need to go to Epcot!

Your getting cheap on me again Disney...

-Cusi
    Last edited by Cusi; 11-15-2009 at 12:54 AM.
    Please stand clear of the doors
    Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas

Well, I think that some of you are being somewhat sentimental. If you step back and think about what it looked like in the daytime, it was ugly as hell... looked like a pile of white scaffolding. At night, while yes, it was all sparkly... it was really a garish design and it blocked the grand vista of the world showcase.

Now there will be a destination that you can finally see and move towards, and that is the christmas tree. I for one am happy to see it go.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    I never saw them except in pics, but was planning to seethem this year since I am getting an AP for Christmas, but I can see what you are saying Teebin. But tAking away without something to replace it is becoming too common for Disney these days.

RIP Lights of Winter

Yes, it was ugly during the day, but if they would've replaced it with something different I don't think people would've been nearly as upset.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring." :D

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    What about the Sorcerer's Hat? That's ugly night and day.

Ha! Don't get me started with the hat! At least the wand is gone!