Changes at Epcot.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes at Epcot..

Quote Originally Posted by shiekra38 View Post
    Yes actually...ten years with only two small additions, no good...the Studios also suffered from a dark time of nothing 'big' minus Mummy. The only difference for me was $$$...as Splatter said "EPCOT specifically is the second most attended Theme Park in Florida. Top three in the WORLD. Therefore they have the budget to do and add more." where IOA and Universal didn't have the proper funds to add something, Potter was a successful risk to be honest. If it wouldn't have delivered than I shutter to think what would have happened to the resort.... Honestly WS is great and an amazing area to visit I have a problem with Future World. Considering it is all about the future it should therefore look like the future if I understand the theme correctly (see Sci-Fi city at USS)...At the moment it looks like they stopped doing anything since the Millennium Celebration.. Future World, Ellen, Seas, Fountain of Nations, HISTA, Imagination and IllumiNations needs a redux..speaking of which the fireworks in IllumiNations are never in synch anymore and the fountains are the old ones, that is a big problem to me...Epcot has gone through a lot of changes in its' history, but shouldn't it always?
    I feel like Epcot is, for many, the "Retro/Nostalgic" park. That said, I think a great start for them is to refurb the classics (Imagination, Universe of Energy, World of Motion area), and toss a fresh new country on the vaguely African plot of land between China and Germany. I've heard rumor of Greece, Australia, Brazil... whatever, I don't care if it were the Czech Republic. Any new country would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Teebin. Not sure what you mean by one attraction in disrepair.
    Actually, I said 'ragged' and was just implying that almost all attractions have high points and low points; features break down etc or an attraction becomes dated. ET, Imagination, Energy are examples of attractions that have become dated or are a wee bit dusty looking. Regardless, people are not not going to return to a park because one or two items are off their best game.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    I still think neglect is the wrong word to use.

Follow Felipe On Twitter
    Follow Felipe on Tumblr Visit Felipe's Youtube Channel
    EPCOT is supposed to be all about learning, and growing, and technology, and innovation, right? So as much as I'd love a new thrill ride here, not any random thrill ride would do. We've got a lot of creative minds on here. Who wants to give it a go and come up with some possible ideas for a new EPCOT ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    I feel like Epcot is, for many, the "Retro/Nostalgic" park. That said, I think a great start for them is to refurb the classics (Imagination, Universe of Energy, World of Motion area), and toss a fresh new country on the vaguely African plot of land between China and Germany. I've heard rumor of Greece, Australia, Brazil... whatever, I don't care if it were the Czech Republic. Any new country would be welcomed.
    My sister lives in the Czech Republic, and unless your selling drugs it won't work I would love to see Greece come to the World Showcase though.

So I was just at Epcot on Saturday night for Extra Magic Hours.. which as long as I can remember, Disney has never offered Extra Magic Hours on Saturday nights. Was this another change due to Test Track being closed?

Follow Captain Tragedy On Twitter Add Captain Tragedy on Facebook Add Captain Tragedy on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletwebslingr View Post
    I'm going to Epcot next Saturday. Drinking around the world is on my brother's "Bachelor Party to-do-list."
    Good luck! Whenever I do this, I start in Mexico and usually start to run into trouble around France. It's those Grey Goose Slushies I tells ya.

On the other topic at hand. I would love for Epcot to get some TLC. I haven't been in four years and it sounds like they have not done much besides some Innoventions changes and Captain EO (wooptie doo). That said, I cannot wait for the new Test Track and I'm sure Disney has more stuff up their sleeves, at least I would hope so.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    Concerning the timeline of additions at IoA, you have to remember that right after IoA opened, NBC bought Universal and then spent 5 years trying to sell off the parks. During that time, they not only didn't add anything new, they let maintenance slide into an embarrassing state. The result of this kind of management was they saw their attendance numbers slide from 9 million a year to just over 5 million a year. A slide that even with Potter they have yet to have fully recovered from.

Now, on to Epcot. While Disney seems to be bullet proof in regards to this kind on management style. I believe that the "decade of resting on their laurels" is going to catch up to them and bite them on the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tragedy View Post
    Good luck! Whenever I do this, I start in Mexico and usually start to run into trouble around France. It's those Grey Goose Slushies I tells ya.
    France???? I'm lit by the time I hit Italy, hung over by Morocco, ready for a nap in England, and coming round for another go in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    Concerning the timeline of additions at IoA, you have to remember that right after IoA opened, NBC bought Universal and then spent 5 years trying to sell off the parks. During that time, they not only didn't add anything new, they let maintenance slide into an embarrassing state. The result of this kind of management was they saw their attendance numbers slide from 9 million a year to just over 5 million a year. A slide that even with Potter they have yet to have fully recovered from.

Now, on to Epcot. While Disney seems to be bullet proof in regards to this kind on management style. I believe that the "decade of resting on their laurels" is going to catch up to them and bite them on the ass.
    I'm just hoping this does come true so we can see some aggressive expansion! I love Disney and its aggravates me everyday to see them just sitting back and counting profit dollars rather than building upon what used to be an AMAZING resort.

Follow JungleSkip On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    France???? I'm lit by the time I hit Italy, hung over by Morocco, ready for a nap in England, and coming round for another go in Canada
    The key is to skip crappy countries for drinking in WS. Norway, China, US, and Canada are all wastes of a drink.

There is some kind of wine that is really good in China. Might just be during F&W but I think you can get it there some where year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post

The 80's should have been a lesson for them...they aren't bullet proof

Maelstrom is getting worked on (from Orlando Theme Park News).

Amusement Pics posted this photo where it appears that new cables of some sort are going in near the front of the park.

Looks like new cables going into the turnstile area at EPCOT

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast