Disney's California Adventure Overhaul - Page 33
Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

MiceAge has posted some great new photos of the progress from their recent visit.

The Red Car Trolley stop just past the entrance is getting finished:

Detail work is emerging on the monorail bridge:

The Grizzly River Run attraction has reopened after its long refurb to axe the X Games theme in favor of a more Disney appropriate national park theme:

Cars Land is really beginning to feel like a little town:

Radiator Springs Racers is forging ahead with tests of the ride vehicles:

Cannot wait to see Carsland in person. Its looking like a true contender for one of Disney's best creations to date. Please don't disappoint!

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    Good to hear they took the crap out of Grizzly. It's the little touches like that which can go a long way to making things right in DCA.

OU Fantasy Football League 2013 CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem

Westcoaster posted some good photos in their most recent update.

Signage and architectural details are looking pretty great on the buildings of Buena Vista Street:

The Radiator Springs Courthouse is looking as snazzy as a courthouse can:

Ornament Valley (the track for Radiator Springs Racers) looks absolutely mindblowing in terms of scale:

Additionally, ******** popped by DCA also and snapped some great pics as well.

A wonderful shot of the entrance that encompasses the re-do of the park perfectly:

The area just beyond the entrance gates is getting finished up:

A pic taken from the monorail with a look down towards the Carthay Circle (new hub of the park):

To ensure DCA is in as tip-top-shape as it can be with the official reworking of the park, various Hollywood structures have been repainted recently:

A great shot of the jukebox located center stage in Mater's Junkyard Jamboree:

The Disney Parks Blog released POV FOOTAGE OF RADIATOR SPRINGS RACERS!!!!!!!

Follow jtsalien On Twitter
    I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna ride!!!!!

OU Fantasy Football League 2013 CHAMPION: Minion Mayhem

I don't want to watch any spoilers so I'll save it for my trip.

^It was really nothing much, I mean I will not be reading any spoilers for it but went ahead and watched it since it came from Disney. Also most of the sections they show are outside and are looking "unfinished".

Quote Originally Posted by hatetofly View Post
    ^It was really nothing much, I mean I will not be reading any spoilers for it but went ahead and watched it since it came from Disney. Also most of the sections they show are outside and are looking "unfinished".
    Please respect my not being a spoiler whore.

No lol I'm kidding. I'll read PLENTY of reviews and reactions about it to see what people think, no problem. But I usually like to refrain from watching any video footage beforehand.

Aerial Pic

Source

Also, Disneygeek ventured out to the parks and has a new update.

Buena Vista Street continually looks better with every sight of it:

Sections of Hollywood went under the knife to make them fancier than before, such as the makeover this facade received:

Parts of elecTRONica have already been removed in conjunction with the theme switch to Burton's Alice in Wonderland:

New Streetmosphere for DCA's Entrance Area

An Entertaining Cast of Characters for Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park

When you enter Disney California Adventure park this summer, you’ll step back in time to Los Angeles of the 1920s and ‘30s on Buena Vista Street. One of the keys to creating a truly immersive environment like this is populating it with interesting and believable characters, so Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment has been hard at work developing the unique personalities and show experiences that will bring the new entrance avenue to life.

Buena Vista Street is alive with optimism and opportunity. It’s a boulevard of dreams and dreamers… like the Citizens of Buena Vista Street. This cast of characters will interact with guests in this area of the park, creating impromptu laughs, smiles and memories wherever they go.

The Red Car News Boys roll into town on one of the shiny Red Car Trolleys, belting out “California, Here I Come!” Inspired by the spirit and style of Disney’s “Newsies,” the Red Car News Boys bring the latest headlines and engage their audience with fun songs of the ‘20s and ‘30s.

Over “On the Sunny Side of the Street,” the musical group Five & Dime arrives in Carthay Circle to jazz things up. This ensemble of friends and relations, headed up by a vivacious singer named Dime, has travelled down Route 66 all the way from Chicago in the hopes of making it big. Like everyone who comes to Buena Vista Street, great things await them just around the corner!

Stay tuned. We’ll have more to share about these entertaining new offerings coming to Disney California Adventure park as we get closer to the opening of Buena Vista Street on June 15.
    From Disney Parks Blog

Has that "Intolerance" set piece always been in the theme park or is it new? It is the pedestal with the elephant on top. Even so, it must be only half scale as the original made DisneySea look rinky-dink. Just to give you the scale of the original movie set:

Follow Cruiseshipfan On Twitter
    Yep its always been there, the only difference now is that the part in-between them, that had "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" on it, is now gone.

Here is the first pic I found from google images with how it used to look.

Like Cruiseshipfan said, the elephant statues are still there minus the signage inbetween.

I am digging the Red Car Trolly stuff. Newises? Wow. Way to sneak in some obscure Disney there. It helps that it was recently put on broadway I guess as well. Any excuse to get that hollywood glitz and pre glitzy time period in there. I am digging it.

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast