Diana - The People's Princess - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diana - The People's Princess

I'm kind of baffled by how Disney and Universal have gone this long without them. You'd think they would be a big draw.

The new AMC ones are not real IMAX screens. They are IMAX Digital screens that are way smaller than the real thing. This article will explain what they are.
    http://gizmodo.com/5250625/cineplexe...-or-conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider455 View Post
    The new AMC ones are not real IMAX screens. They are IMAX Digital screens that are way smaller than the real thing. This article will explain what they are.
    Well, they were never gonna be like the IMAX domes in science centers. I don't think a feature film would look right in those. I'm pretty happy with what they've done with the new screens.

Follow Drew On Twitter
    I saw one of the new IMAX screens in September when I saw Eagle Eye. It wasn't overly impressive. It did look better though. Pretty good HD look. I wouldn't spring the extra $5 bucks again though.

I DID see the Dark Knight in legit IMAX though. That was incredible. The Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC is insane. I couldn't believe how big the screen was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I DID see the Dark Knight in legit IMAX though. That was incredible. The Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC is insane. I couldn't believe how big the screen was.
    Yeah, it also helps when the movie or at least part of it is shot with IMAX cameras like Dark Knight was.

I saw Lion King in IMAX when it was re-released a few years ago. It was awesome.

I am just happy I have a real IMAX down the street from me. I have been to one of the retrofits, and it is just not the same.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    We have 3 IMAX theaters here in Orlando. I have been to two of them. The Regal IMAX at Pointe Orlando is legit. The AMC IMAX in Altamonte is a dinky screen. I have yet to try the one in Oveido, but it is Regal, so I have hope it is a REAL one also.

That is EXACTLY what I tell all my friends.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    We have 3 IMAX theaters here in Orlando. I have been to two of them. The Regal IMAX at Pointe Orlando is legit. The AMC IMAX in Altamonte is a dinky screen. I have yet to try the one in Oveido, but it is Regal, so I have hope it is a REAL one also.
    The one at Waterford Lakes is even dinkier than the one in Altamonte. I believe that its just a regular screen they're trying to play off as a "IMAX"

Bhahaha. I love that I come into this thread thinking to myself "Holy cow, someone actually PAID to see that Diana thing?" and it ends up being nothing to do with the topic at all. Actually, I'm more interested in the off-topic discussion here anyway. I think it's been already established that the Imax screen for AMC is being converted from one of the existing screens in the building, right?

....Did that Diana thing ever even open? Or is it this fall?

So getting back to the whole Diania thing. Has anyone actually been there yet? I would love to go and see it. But only if its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ....Did that Diana thing ever even open? Or is it this fall?
    It's open now, I walked by it the other day, but I obviously didn't go in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
    It's open now, I walked by it the other day, but I obviously didn't go in lol.
    When did it open? I was at DisneyQuest with some clients a week and a half or so ago and I didn't see any mention of it...

The one in Oviedo is the second floor of a shopping mall, there's no way it's a full IMAX screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    When did it open? I was at DisneyQuest with some clients a week and a half or so ago and I didn't see any mention of it...
    Haha I have no idea, honestly. I guess earlier this month? I was surprised to see it open when I went by.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
    Haha I have no idea, honestly. I guess earlier this month? I was surprised to see it open when I went by.
    I'm even more surprised to hear that people walk through that part of Downtown Disney?!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast