Dudley Water Blasters now Mist - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dudley Water Blasters now Mist

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    All I have to say is MICROFIBER from head to toe. Then getting wet is no big deal. I have these microfiber khakis and they dry in about 3 minutes on a hot summer day.

Add Roll N Fear on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
    Why ride a water ride if you hate getting wet?
    My problem with the sprayers is that when I got hit by them, I got hit right in the face.

I do hate this ride, I think it's the most run down attraction in all of Orlando and I hate riding it but when I'm with someone who wants to go on it, I will take one for the team.

Follow ralphoutloud On Twitter Add ralphoutloud on Facebook Add ralphoutloud on MySpace
    Visit ralphoutloud's Youtube Channel
    Wear boardshorts....easiest solution for guys. I usually wear them when going to any park, aside from like Epcot. Odds are you're going to get at least a little wet in most parks.

Unless it's cold, then I wear jeans and avoid the water rides.

Wow, I hope this is a permanent change and not just temporary because of the winter. I love Dudley's but refuse to ride it because of those blasters. One of them, number five, was so strong that the blast actually knocked the contact out of my eye one day. I haven't ridden it since then, over two years ago.

I don't mind get a little wet on a ride. Splash Mountain keeps you fairly dry... especially since they changed the way the fake splash sprays whenever a boat drops down the big one. Going down the drop isn't even where you would get the most wet... it was after your boat goes around and crosses in front of the thorns. Luckily that's changed now.

I love Dudley, but you can't even ride it in the winter when its too cold because you just get too wet. Ponchos do pretty much nothing so its not like I can just wear one of those.

Splash mountain has not changed the fake splash, I got soaked by it on my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider455 View Post
    Splash mountain has not changed the fake splash, I got soaked by it on my trip.
    Yes they have. The splash that used to shoot towards the passengers going up the second lift hill is no longer pointed in that direction. Its actually been like that since before the most recent rehab. Aside from that, when it's cold outside they turn it off which also turns off the leaping water inside where the turtles and all them are. If you got "soaked" it had to be from the real splash at the end. I was just on it a couple days ago and the splash and everything was off. We got wet, but just in the face.

I'll have to go back on a warmer day and see if they changed it back to where the splash from the right side of the boat going up the 2nd lift hill has been changed back to its original state. As far as I know, the last umteen times I've ridden I've stayed almost completely dry.

Follow DisneyFanKevin On Twitter Add DisneyFanKevin on Facebook Add DisneyFanKevin on MySpace
    Visit DisneyFanKevin's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachGurl View Post
    Yes they have. The splash that used to shoot towards the passengers going up the second lift hill is no longer pointed in that direction. Its actually been like that since before the most recent rehab. Aside from that, when it's cold outside they turn it off which also turns off the leaping water inside where the turtles and all them are. If you got "soaked" it had to be from the real splash at the end. I was just on it a couple days ago and the splash and everything was off. We got wet, but just in the face.

I'll have to go back on a warmer day and see if they changed it back to where the splash from the right side of the boat going up the 2nd lift hill has been changed back to its original state. As far as I know, the last umteen times I've ridden I've stayed almost completely dry.
    Although I haven't ridden, I can confirm what Angela has said. I took my friends to MK the other day and they rode Splash and did not get wet at all.

Double confirmed. You used to get the most wet going up the second lift hill, the first BIG one that runs parallel with the backstage entrance that the parade leaves from. When other boats went down the big drop, it shot a fake splash that would get the people about the descend the second lift hill soaking wet. Last fall I noticed they repositioned the Splash to shoot in the opposite direction and more vertical so it didn't get anyone wet. Since the refurb it has been off completely. I don't know if it is off for the cold season and then it will return to soaking you, or if it will come back aimed in the opposite direction. When we rode it the other day I got more wet than I thought I would on the big drop. I got the mist to the face and then a small splash ended up in my lap.

Here is the splash the way it was before it got cold. Notice the splash that shoots from the right to left.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITu3NT0zVnE

Go to :25...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K1_qhQqP-RE

And another...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WO4OjKZfk2s

Definitely been turned off. After every three boats it would also send a splash forward and towards the people watching on the bridge.

Hope this clears everything up.

If you are talking about the splash while making that slow turn and then going up the lift it was on when I went on it. I am 100% sure. It may have been malfunctioning but I got absolutely soaked by it. The nozzle in the center was actually spraying continuously directly in the ride path and the nozzle before the lift hit everyone in the log dead on.
    Last edited by ghostrider455; 02-04-2009 at 03:16 PM.

You got screwed. What day was that? It seems like the ride has been up and down a lot ever since the refurb, which doesn't make much sense to me. Those definitely weren't supposed to be on.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider455 View Post
    If you are talking about the splash while making that slow turn and then going up the lift it was on when I went on it. I am 100% sure. It may have been malfunctioning but I got absolutely soaked by it. The nozzle in the center was actually spraying continuously directly in the ride path and the nozzle before the lift hit everyone in the log dead on.
    Well that doesn't sound like it's even working right. Unless this is some new development after the recent rehab. Sounds dumb to activate during the colder months. As a matter of fact, my favorite time of year to ride Splash is in the winter months because of the fact they turn off the splash.

It was on january 23 if I recall correctly.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Its the nozzle after the drop. Where people pay to soak....or at least used too..

I think the most un-proportionally drenching ride in Orlando is Journey to Atlantis. When I had my Fun Card I would make a point to go ride it. Frankly I loved the ride but if you sat in the front row you would get drenched. From head to toe you would be absolutely soaked. If you rode in the back row the wettest you would probably get is your shoes would get wet from all the water going to the back of the ride car while going up the lift.

It was honestly from one extreme to the other. Every time I would ride it I would try and get seated in the back row. I don't care how hot it is I hate walking around a theme park soaked. Chaffing..... Why I never ride Popeye unless I have a change of clothes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast