Shanghai Disney - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanghai Disney

Follow kirby_is_kyaan On Twitter Add kirby_is_kyaan on MySpace
    Visit kirby_is_kyaan's Youtube Channel
    Hopefully some unique things will come out, right now it's too early to tell, even if it's good news for a theme park fanatic.

Bringing back this thread, here are some updates from Screamscape:

Park News - (2/7/11) The early word is that Disney may be ready to finally pull back the curtain on Shanghai Disneyland in early to mid April where a official groundbreaking ceremony will take place for the media.
    (1/20/11) According to this report a Shanghai official has confirmed that the long term plan for the resort is to open three separate theme parks at the resort. While nothing has been set in stone, they are currently said to be planning them out as their own versions of Epcot and Animal Kingdom, though a lot can change between now and when they start work on them.
    The resort will also feature it’s own special Metro line to get guests into the parks by 2015.
    (1/18/11) According to the details listing for this job opening at Disney, they are looking for someone who will be involved with “the design, development, construction, and turnover phases of the two hotels associated with the Shanghai Disney Resort.” So right from the Mouse’s mouth... we now know there will be at least two official Disney Resort Hotels in the Shanghai Disney Resort when it opens.
    (1/12/11) Screamscape sources believe that we could see an announcement about Shanghai Disneyland this Spring. The access roads to the property are now slated to be complete by mid April with full construction on the park property to begin in May. They announcement is still being held back while the final terms are being negotiated between Disney and the government regarding budgets and who is paying for what.
    (1/6/11) The latest news reports mention that the major construction for Shanghai Disneyland could start this May. Two main access roads to the site are currently under construction and are expected to be complete by April, which will allow proper access to the main resort site. The article also mentions that a fake 60 wide river will be built, and at 10 km in length, will surround the entire resort site.
    EDIT: Here's an update back in October from the Theme Park Guy:

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/...ai-disneyland/
    Last edited by StarTrekGeek; 02-07-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks JokerMan0925 for the sig!

From Screamscape:

Park News - (2/21/11) According to Disney and More the small mountain looking structure in the artwork for Shanghai Disneyland may very well be a new version of Pirates of the Caribbean. The popular theory, which I’ve heard elsewhere as well, is that the modernized version of Pirates, based entirely off the film series and not the old classic ride, that was designed once for Hong Kong Disneyland may very well be built in Shanghai as one of the premier E-Ticket rides.
    Back when it was being served up for Hong Kong the ride had been nicknamed, “Splash Pirates” by a few insides, since the ride system would feature a few large thrilling drops along the way as well that were more in line with the drops on Splash Mountain that what you would see on the American “Pirates” attractions. The Hong Kong plans also left room for a Louisiana style swamp themed land next door to the ride, which was said to contain an all new version of a Haunted Mansions style ride experience, but with a story that would tap into the Pirates story as well. Could all this now be part of Disneyland Shanghai? It certainly would fit the bill of serving up something quite a bit different in this latest version of the Magic Kingdom. Plus it would only make sense in a way to tie any new ride version of Pirates into the films series and less into the original ride story, which isn’t as familiar to the Chinese people as the new films would be.
    (2/18/11) I’m not entirely certain, but this seems to be an early but vague piece of concept artwork for Shanghai Disneyland (see below). With the official groundbreaking getting closer, a few early rumors about the park itself are starting to come in. Though in every case, it has been pointed out that the design is still pretty fluid, with very few things locked down.
    What has been made clear to me however is that this will likely not be your standard Magic Kingdom style park. While it is still expected to have a classic “hub” style layout the “Lands” themselves will likely not be what anyone expects. The plan is for this park to act as a complimentary experience to the Hong Kong park and not a copy, so expect Shanghai Disneyland to offer new lands and new experiences.
    That said, about the closest thing I have to a near-guarenteed land would be one designed to make use of Disney’s newest license, the Marvel comics universe. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Marvel Superhero Land take the place of a Tomorrowland. I’ve also got to wonder if the park may still have a Frontierland as one was designed but eventually cut from Hong Kong, but could be brought back for Shanghai. Just some ideas to think about.

From Screamscape:

Park News - (3/9/11) Disney and More has posted a graphic showing off the official resort plan for Disneyland Shanghai Resort layout. The giant central lake, where the hotels will go, parking lots, public transit, roads and, of course, the theme park itself, as well as the large open space left for future expansion. According to the rest of the article, the plan also includes an interesting giant fake river that will surround the entire Disney property like a huge moat.
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...veiled_08.html

From Screamscape:

Park News - (3/30/11) I’ve heard a quiet rumor suggesting that a major announcement regarding Shanghai Disneyland may take place sometime late next week.
    (3/18/11) For anyone still wondering if Disney may drop their new Marvel characters into a new special land at Shanghai Disneyland, I’m told that there are no plans for this on the table right now. While everyone is still curious to see just what Disney may be planning for these characters, China just isn’t the right market to try it out.
    (3/17/11) According to one Screamscape contact, the ‘moat’ seen surrounding the Shanghai Disney resort area on that leaked map image will very likely not be built. According to this source, that map image is old and the man-made perimeter river has long since been cut from the plan.
    (3/16/11) With all the problems in Japan, which has forced the closure of the Disney Tokyo Resort parks, it’s rumored that the upcoming official announcement showcasing Shanghai Disneyland may be delayed for a little longer.
    In other news, check out the latest update at Disney & More to see exactly what that large square ‘moat’ around the entire Shanghai Disneyland Resort area is supposed to visually represent to the Chinese people. It’s an interesting concept for sure, as you will see it looks very similar to the moat around the Forbidden City, making the resort property seem like it’s very own royal kingdom.

Disney is just about to break ground for Shanghai and they have released new concept art:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...disney-resort/

Follow Vyrus On Twitter
    Visit Vyrus's Youtube Channel
    This kind of pisses me off, I think WDW needs an attraction like this not Shanghai, its seems more and more the outside the country parks are getting all the innovative rides that WDI has wanted here forever.

Screamscape sources tell us that the Tron themed coaster planned for Shanghai Disneyland is a fairly solid lock-in project at the moment, though very little is 100% locked in for sure until the final budgets are approved. The coaster will have a Lightcycle theme and use the Vekoma Motobike coaster system… indoors… kicking things off with a high speed launch start and run through an intense but inversion-free layout through the world of Tron.
    Meanwhile on the other side of the park, I’ve also been told about a new River Rapids style attraction in the works that has been described as being very similar to Grizzly River Run in California Adventure. But instead of being themed to bears… this one will have dinosaurs and be called the Lost World River Rapids. Sounds very exciting and new. From what I’m told, the Lost World River Rapids is the dark mountain near the front right side of the park (sitting where one would normally expect to see Space Mountain) in the original park aerial concept art image.
    Now for those keeping track of the things we wont see in the park, you can add Frontierland up there next to Space Mountain on that list, which isn’t all that surprising as I don’t think the Chinese have any love for the American Western genre. As one might expect, the park also wont have a Main Street, and perhaps the biggest surprise to some is that this will be the first Magic Kingdom park to not have a train making a loop around the park’s perimeter. (Note: Tokyo has a train, but it only makes a loop around Westernland.)

The TRON coaster actually was apparently being planned to be cloned to WDW's Tomorrowland, in between Buzz and COP, where the Galaxy Palace Theater was originally, but, like so many other things, it was cut.

Visit MechaTeddy417's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrus View Post
    This kind of pisses me off, I think WDW needs an attraction like this not Shanghai, its seems more and more the outside the country parks are getting all the innovative rides that WDI has wanted here forever.
    Who says a Tron coaster won't happen at WDW? There's still some room in Tomorrowland that they could place it (those two plots of land on the sides of Space Mountain, or hell they could demolish the Speedway if they wanted to).
    Last edited by MechaTeddy417; 07-09-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Add Octobers Fade on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Chaos View Post
    Who says a Tron coaster won't happen at WDW? There's still some room in Tomorrowland that they could place it (those two plots of land on the sides of Space Mountain, or they could demolish the Speedway if they wanted to).
    Seems to be the key word at Disney anymore

b u i l d i n g
    w a i t i n g
    w a n t i n g
    f o r
    O c t o b e r s
    f a d e

Visit YETI PINTRADER's Youtube Channel
    I really hope that a teen/adult attraction hits Magic Kingdom and Tron would be perfect. With the Fantasyland expansion Disney should focus on an older market soon that has not really been hit since Rock N' Roller Coaster. Although my hopes for an Alien or Dead Space attraction will never die: nor will they ever happen.

Follow BriMan On Twitter Add BriMan on Facebook
    Visit BriMan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Chaos View Post
    Who says a Tron coaster won't happen at WDW? There's still some room in Tomorrowland that they could place it (those two plots of land on the sides of Space Mountain, or they could demolish the Speedway if they wanted to).
    Not a matter of space, but a matter of want/spending.

Visit Disneyhead's Youtube Channel
    Yep, Disney absolutely refuses to drop another E-Ticket into the MK. I just dont get it. It is like they are trying to prove they don't have to. "We are so great we can rest on our laurels for an entire generation and only see a 2% drop (as long as our marketing guys keep upping the discounts (buy 4 nights/ get 3 free, free dining, free $200 gift cards, etc.)".

Hey, I have an idea, build some frickin' attractions, keep the ones you got in working order, and stop with the clever merch collectables. Pin trading got annoying, vinylmation started annoying. And need I mention Duffy the Disney corporate collectable build-a-bear rip-off?
    Last edited by Disneyhead; 07-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Follow hairyleo On Twitter Add hairyleo on Facebook Add hairyleo on Google+ Add hairyleo on MySpace
    Follow hairyleo on Tumblr Follow hairyleo on Flickr Visit hairyleo's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyhead View Post
    Yep, Disney absolutely refuses to drop another E-Ticket into the MK. I just dont get it. It is like they are trying to prove they don't have to. "We are so great we can rest on our laurels for an entire generation and only see a 2% drop (as long as our marketing guys keep upping the discounts (buy 4 nights/ get 3 free, free dining, free $200 gift cards, etc.)".

Hey, I have an idea, build some frickin' attractions, keep the ones you got in working order, and stop with the clever merch collectables. Pin trading got annoying, vinylmation started annoying. And need I mention Duffy the Disney corporate collectable build-a-bear rip-off?
    Exactly. They're Disney, so people will go, and they know that. And while I like the collectibles, they're severely over-priced. Come on. $12 for a tiny pin? Not to mention the bigger Vinylmation are $50+.

Add TheDecemberists on Google+
    Aren't "collectibles" supposed to not be cheap? Just saying... I could care less about some dumb pins.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast