PDA

View Full Version : Disney Splurge

peaches magee
04-19-2008, 01:12 AM
If any of you Disneyites are awake, 'Disney Splurge!' is on Travel Channel right now. I think it is about all the luxuries of the Walt Disney World Resort.
It is part of a series they are airing called "Season of Disney".
I just set my DVR to tape them all. Enjoy :thumbs:

Sal
04-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I was about to tell you about that!

snoman
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I had to work, was it any good?

kirby_is_kyaan
04-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I just finished watching it (except for last quarter, which doesn't take place in the parks), and I thought it was good and what you would expect from a Travel Channel Disney special. They concentrated on four families, each one having a different spin on the splurging. I learned something new about Disney, surprising for a Travel Channel show, and that was that you could have a guide take you around and hook you up with those extras. The cost: $100 an hour for a 6 hour minimum. Yeeeah, I'm not going for this anytime soon.

peaches magee
04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
The new tidbits were cool to know, and same here Kirby, I probably won't be accessing it either... ever. hehe
Even though the last bit was about Destinations by Disney, it was still pretty neat to learn about and the Costa Rica area and activites were amazing!

This Friday is the "Disney on a Dime" episode. It flips to the other side and shows you how to get the most for your money at Disney. Now THAT info will surely come in handy!

d a n n y
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I didn't know it was possible not to spend much at Disney :lol:

peaches magee
04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I didn't know it was possible not to spend much at Disney :lol:

No kidding. There really is no way to not spend alot. When we went 2 weeks ago we left after a day and a half at the parks and I was thinking "man we did good this time". But then I find out we spend a ridiculous amoung actually. :rolleyes:
But I guess this special will praise the All-Stars and Pop for value and quailty choices. And maybe places to eat and stuff. Also will go over how park hoppers help you save and all... blah blah blah...

snoman
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I saw a show when I was flipping through the channels the other day on "Fine living network." Now first off I had no idea I got that channel or even what it is, but it said something about Disney so I gave it a shot. It had a few different "family" scenarios, one was a retired couple, one a mom and three sons, etc. They each had $1600 dollars to do what they wanted on property-parks, resorts, dining, and so on. It was really interesting to see how much you could do with 1600, which was not really that much! I forget the name of it, but I'm sure you can look it up, good show if you have a chance to view it. Ok, I looked it up, it's called "What you get for the Money: Walt Disney World."

tiredoldspook
04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Sno I saw that show the couple at the animal Kingdom lodge got fancy dining, 2 nights stay and 3 days for $1600 that is a pricey long weekend IMO.

snoman
04-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Sno I saw that show the couple at the animal Kingdom lodge got fancy dining, 2 nights stay and 3 days for $1600 that is a pricey long weekend IMO.

That's exactly what we said too. We were sitting here watching it and going "oh, come on, I know I could do a whole lot better than these guys with $1600!" They were only there for 3 days I think it was. The fancy spas and dining route is definitey not for me, but hey to each his own I guess. I thought the mom with the three boys did well though. They hit a couple parks, did a waterpark, and Disney Quest. They did stay cheap though compared to Mr. and Mrs. fancy pants.