PDA

View Full Version : Enforcing Guidelines

BriMan
04-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Sledge and I have been pretty lenient with some of our guidelines with a lot of the posts that have been made since the forums opened. This is all going to change as of now. Below are some rules that are going to be enforced from now on.

1. We don't like censoring our members. However just because certain words are blocked, doesn't give the ability to still post them. From now on, please try to keep the discussion a light PG-13. Infractions will be given and any member that breaks this rule repeatedly will be suspended.

2. Any issues that any member has with a post, another member, polls, or the forum in general need to be privately handled by PM, or email with the member or staff. Any posts that are made on the board regarding any issue will be deleted, and ignored.

3. Disagreements happen, but please try to be civil about them. Any posts that may be seen as flaming, non-productive, or uncivil will be given infractions. Repeated offenses will result in a suspension. If you feel strongly about continuing the discussion, take the debate off the boards.

4. Signatures must be within 475px x 150px and Avatars, 150px x 150px. There will be a limit of 1 picture and 3 lines of text (including spaces) per member. If no picture is present, 7 lines of text (including spaces). All text must be made in normal sized font. Please keep the sigs/avatars clean. Any offensive sigs/avatars, or any that violate our size guidelines will be removed. Repeated offenses will be given infractions.

Please read up and refresh on our Guidelines here (http://orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3).

For more regarding infractions. Please read information about them here (http://orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413).

DisneyFanKevin
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Brian!

peaches magee
04-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Great amendments guys. Keep it up. :thumbs:

Jakemeister
04-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I curse like a sailor, this is gonna suck! I depend on that censor lol.

d a n n y
04-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Yea, sorry about dropping the f-bomb in the sports section often, I'm really passionate.

chunkymonkey
04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Great rules…I can live with this, I don’t like cursing anyway

Jakemeister
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Great rules…I can live with this, I don’t like cursing anywayIt's not like it's a hobby or anything of mine but I do it subconsciously. I know that sounds weird, because you see what you type but I do. When you curse on all the forums you go to, throw in IM, facebook, myspace and my poetry blog. Then incidentally you end up doing it subconsciously.

kirby_is_kyaan
04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Great rules…I can live with this, I don’t like cursing anyway

Yeah, I go out of my way to NOT curse, so I pretty much subconciously don't.

biomegaceu
04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Mr too. I try not to on forums though. I dont do it a lot though. Only when I'm really angry.

BriMan
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
It's not like it's a hobby or anything of mine but I do it subconsciously. I know that sounds weird, because you see what you type but I do. When you curse on all the forums you go to, throw in IM, facebook, myspace and my poetry blog. Then incidentally you end up doing it subconsciously.

The best thing about a forum is that you can read the post before you hit "post". :thumbs:

Jakemeister
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
The best thing about a forum is that you can read the post before you hit "post". :thumbs:
Well that is what I have been doing.

The_Bled
04-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Sledge and I have been pretty lenient with some of our guidelines with a lot of the posts that have been made since the forums opened. This is all going to change as of now. Below are some rules that are going to be enforced from now on.

1. We don't like censoring our members. However just because certain words are blocked, doesn't give the ability to still post them. From now on, please try to keep the discussion a light PG-13. Infractions will be given and any member that breaks this rule repeatedly will be suspended.

2. Any issues that any member has with a post, another member, polls, or the forum in general need to be privately handled by PM, or email with the member or staff. Any posts that are made on the board regarding any issue will be deleted, and ignored.

3. Disagreements happen, but please try to be civil about them. Any posts that may be seen as flaming, non-productive, or uncivil will be given infractions. Repeated offenses will result in a suspension. If you feel strongly about continuing the discussion, take the debate off the boards.

4. Signatures must be within 475px x 150px and Avatars, 140px x 100px. There will be a limit of 1 picture and 3 lines of text (including spaces) per member. If no picture is present, 7 lines of text (including spaces). All text must be made in normal sized font. Please keep the sigs/avatars clean. Any offensive sigs/avatars, or any that violate our size guidelines will be removed. Repeated offenses will be given infractions.

Please read up and refresh on our Guidelines here (http://orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3).

For more regarding infractions. Please read information about them here (http://orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413).

Im glad TowerRat isnt on here (no offense) He's an instigator sometimes.:mad: Then it makes people want to curse at him without censorship.

kirby_is_kyaan
04-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Well that is what I have been doing.

You sure you didn't mean to type, "Well that is what I have been ***************************************************************************** doing, you ******* *****."? :lol: Just kidding...

Jakemeister
04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
You sure you didn't mean to type, "Well that is what I have been ***************************************************************************** doing, you ******* *****."? :lol: Just kidding...
Kirbs you trying to off me here or something? Trying to get me to curse aren't you lol.

chunkymonkey
04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Mr too. I try not to on forums though. I dont do it a lot though. Only when I'm really angry.

lol...I only curse at Brian :bang:

kirby_is_kyaan
04-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Kirbs you trying to off me here or something? Trying to get me to curse aren't you lol.

lol no, I'm not trying to... I wouldn't recommend it, either.

lol...I only curse at Brian :bang:

What did he do this time? :lol:

BriMan
04-21-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm just going to give a friendly reminder that these guidelines haven't gone anywhere. In the past week, we have noticed some word usage that could have been worded a little more cleaner. We have let some things slide, but as of now please clean it up. Thanks.

Jakemeister
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Brian are words like "piss" openly accepted? How about the occasional "damn" and "ass"?

d a n n y
04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Brian are words like "piss" openly accepted? How about the occasional "damn" and "ass"?

BAN HIM:P

chunkymonkey
04-21-2008, 10:45 AM

Damn and Ass are fine as long as your talking about beavers or donkeys…lol :shrug:

FGCUSabre
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Man I go away for a week and find out we have all these new rules. GRRRR.....lol....

Anyways I think it sounds fair. All boards need some guidlines to keep things civil.

I think a good rule might be - if you dont say it in church...you dont say it here...

Sledge
04-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Just be smart with it. If it becomes a regular thing we're going to have to give out warnings. If you have any questions about what is appropriate please contact us instead of posting it. A general rule of thumb though, if you have to ask about, it probably isn't something you should post.

The Patchman
04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I have taken an absence from the site for school, I am back for a bit. I love the new guidelines to see that you are guiding the forums in a clean manner.

I will miss being a sailor. Darn it. :lol:

Sledge
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I would like to point out #1 and #3. Things are starting to get out of line again and a few infractions have already been given.

Thanks.

Homer J Simpson
09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I never cursed on here and before and I guess I won't be in the future.

Sledge
10-24-2008, 12:54 AM
4. Signatures must be within 475px x 150px and Avatars, 200px x 100px. There will be a limit of 1 picture and 3 lines of text (including spaces) per member. If no picture is present, 7 lines of text (including spaces). All text must be made in normal sized font. Please keep the sigs/avatars clean. Any offensive sigs/avatars, or any that violate our size guidelines will be removed. Repeated offenses will be given infractions.
Just wanted to remind people of the signature rule. We try not to be two strict with them, but some of them have been a little too big recently.

Also, seems like the bad language is getting common again. Remember, even if you censor it it still isn't allowed. Be good. :thumbs::wave:

The_Bled
10-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't cursed or censored on the forum in a while, but I know some one that has *cough* danny *cough*.

kirby_is_kyaan
10-24-2008, 06:58 PM
:lol:

I think my sig is either slightly too big or pushing it, at least on the text side. Which is it? I'll remove the self-advertisement if so. :thumbs:

Jakemeister
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Sorry Jason. Dropped two Worty Dirds yesterday.

Sledge
10-25-2008, 04:42 AM
:lol:

I think my sig is either slightly too big or pushing it, at least on the text side. Which is it? I'll remove the self-advertisement if so. :thumbs:

This should sum it up...

There will be a limit of 1 picture and 3 lines of text (including spaces) per member. If no picture is present, 7 lines of text (including spaces).

You need to remove two lines. One of them can be the space you have between.

kirby_is_kyaan
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, doing so now.

BriMan
01-18-2009, 04:11 AM
We've had a minor issue as of late with a poster persistently spamming the boards with a link to his website.

Let the Staff at Orlando United make something very clear. We understand that there are many other sites covering theme parks, and we have no problem with those sites trying to be recognized. What we do have a problem with is when those sites bombard our discussion boards with links in different threads, every other day. Let alone those posts being the only thing you contribute to the site.

If you would like to share your website with the world, it could be featured on our Links section on our main page. We kindly ask that you please email us at contacts@orlandounited.com (contracts@orlandounited.com).

From this point on, you will only get 1 warning. After that 1 warning, it's "Hasta la Vista"

Thank You

and for the record, that poster has been banned.

BriMan
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
A new rule will be going in effect immediately. No. More. RickRolls.

It counts as Spam. We don't like Spam. So don't do it. In the past few weeks, it's been used several times and been deleted. It's 2009 people.

peaches magee
01-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Someone is STILL RickRollin'?
Come on... that is like over a year old now isn't it?

Disneyhead
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't know how old it is, but after NBC RickRolled the entire nation at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, its officially dead.

That said, being dead can make it that much funnier.

Sort of like Disney basing a brand new attraction in EPCOT on a series they cancelled 2 years ago.

kirby_is_kyaan
01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
That said, being dead can make it that much funnier.

Sort of like Disney basing a brand new attraction in EPCOT on a series they cancelled 2 years ago.

:rotfl:

Good one Yates.

It was a pretty good fit for the technology, but.....

Sledge
01-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Fight RickRolling by reporting it all as spam on YouTube. Then YouTube will remove it and there won't be any to link to.

Jakemeister
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM
It's all about Bellairing.

peaches magee
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Poor Rick Astley man... I am sure he thought this was all good to revive his brief career, and now its being banned all over.

Oh I couldn't believe they did that at the Macy's Parade, it fell sooo flat.

snoman
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I totally missed that at the parade, must have thought it was just another one of the 17 million musical numbers they make you endure to see one float...

BriMan
03-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Greetings all.

I just wanted to shed some light on a small issue we had earlier tonight. We didn't want to make this issue bigger then it needed to be, but the staff felt it was best that we explain the situation to some extent. One of our members had a problem with us merging a thread with an old topic. Per our guidelines:

Each member is classified into user groups determined by post count. Deliberately posting to increase your post count is prohibited and may result in appropriate sanctions. We encourage you to make sure that before you create a new thread, that the topic or anything similar is not already being discussed or posted.
The user took it personally and decided to leave our site. He has asked for us to remove his contributions and we have done so. So if you see any of your posts edited, it was most likely in conjunction with the users request.

I wanted to also take a brief moment to explain something to our users. There are 5 Staff members. 2 Owners/Admins, 1 Staff/Mod, and 2 Correspondents. Before any decision is made, we discuss it amongst ourselves before the next step is made. So when something is done, know that us 5 all took a hand in the ending result. It is a democracy on Orlando United. We feel this way, no one feels that there is a personal vendetta from any one staff member.

We all wish the user well, and hope that we can avoid any future incidents or misunderstandings with any current or future users.

BriMan
03-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Again, we have to bring up this rule:

Each member is classified into user groups determined by post count. Deliberately posting to increase your post count is prohibited and may result in appropriate sanctions. We encourage you to make sure that before you create a new thread, that the topic or anything similar is not already being discussed or posted.

The reason we made the rule where you have to have 15 posts to PM people was to discourage people from just joining and making the site their own little personal craigslist. Increasing the post count to meet those requirements are prohibited.

WvuGrrrl
03-11-2009, 02:52 AM
We've had a minor issue as of late with a poster persistently spamming the boards with a link to his website.

Let the Staff at Orlando United make something very clear. We understand that there are many other sites covering theme parks, and we have no problem with those sites trying to be recognized. What we do have a problem with is when those sites bombard our discussion boards with links in different threads, every other day. Let alone those posts being the only thing you contribute to the site.

If you would like to share your website with the world, it could be featured on our Links section on our main page. We kindly ask that you please email us at contacts@orlandounited.com (contracts@orlandounited.com).

From this point on, you will only get 1 warning. After that 1 warning, it's "Hasta la Vista"

Thank You

and for the record, that poster has been banned.

Ugh. I don't know who you're talking about, but even only having been a member over here for about 3 weeks, I think I have a slight idea. If it's the person I'm thinking of, there's two other message boards that I post on regularly that I've been PRAYING would enforce this rule. :bang:So thanks for not making me want to punch my computer screen every time I see this person's screenname pop up. :worship:

Now...off to clean up my signature!

Jakemeister
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
This place is actually really chill. This is about the only forum I can think of where the mods are really good friends of mine. All of them for that matter. I can think of few people I dislike up here if any. It's a great place and my point was the mods don't ask for much and give ALOT in return. If they want some help or ask you to do something please do it.

ralphoutloud
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Again, we have to bring up this rule:

The reason we made the rule where you have to have 15 posts to PM people was to discourage people from just joining and making the site their own little personal craigslist. Increasing the post count to meet those requirements are prohibited.

I honestly think the post count should even be raised to 25 to PM, like it was for MotM.

Like that dude in his welcome thread just trying to get posts to PM, jeezzzz, what a n00b.

Beachgurl
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I honestly think the post count should even be raised to 25 to PM, like it was for MotM.

Like that dude in his welcome thread just trying to get posts to PM, jeezzzz, what a n00b.

I totally agree. 15 posts definitely seems really low.

But hey, if people want to post meaningless things at least we know those posts can be reported and then deleted. ;)