PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on ABC Theatre

Sledge
02-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm hearing that the ABC logo on the theater that once was the home of Superstar Television, and most recently Doug, has been removed. They've been working on the theater for awhile now and there have been a lot of rumors about what could be going in the theater.

First there were rumors about an American Idol type show going into the ABC theater and the judges would be Disney characters using the Turtle Talk/Laugh Floor technology. There was also a rumor that it would be American Idol and be hosted by American Idol contestants that didn't really go anywhere. Then, there were rumors of it being a High School Musical show.

Personally, I was hoping for a new Superstar Television that would put guests on ABC's shows list Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Ugly Betty, but with the ABC logo being removed it seems like that is a long shot now.

I'm really excited to see what happens here since everything now is pure speculation and no one knows for sure. So I ask you guys, what do you think or want it to be?

d a n n y
02-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I really want some thing with Lost to go in there. I never really watched the show but I know the basic plot, they could do so much with it.

kristilovesdw
02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Interesting, if they did indeed do away with the ABC logo completely I wonder if we will be seeing the name change of the counter service ABC Commissary...probably irrelevant but would only confirm more that they don't intend on keeping anything related to ABC...or I'm reading way too much into it.

Sledge
02-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Interesting, if they did indeed do away with the ABC logo completely I wonder if we will be seeing the name change of the counter service ABC Commissary...probably irrelevant but would only confirm more that they don't intend on keeping anything related to ABC...or I'm reading way too much into it.
I think this will stay. They just named all their renamed all their menu items to have ABC tie ins. For example, they have something named the McDreamy and a Down The Hatch something or other. I don't know the exact names, but I'll try to grab a picture next time I'm there.

FGCUSabre
02-05-2008, 01:11 AM
i really really hate the commisary. they had the worst hamburgers there...i felt like i was back in the 3rd grade!!!

since abc is such a big part of mgm...i think that would stay though...they might move some stuff and make it appear that another building is used for abc...just to keep the image in the park and give free advertising to abc.