PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure effects

Teebin
12-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Sorry to start a new thread but I couldn't find one focused on AA. Does anyone here know what simple tech is used to create the Rosy Riveter welding sparks? There was a toy when I was young that spun around and shot off little sparks... I would imagine flint magnesium but the sparks in AA are huge welding type sparks. Interesting what caught my eye 5 years ago yet I have never asked about it.

ChrisFL
01-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think they're actually sparks but clever use of something like fiber optics

JungleSkip
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
^^^I know I've been told how they are done, and fiber optic light rings a bell.

universal_fanatic
01-07-2012, 04:51 AM
That's what it looks like to me too. After watching a clip I can see that the "sparks" follow the same paths. Again, I haven't actually seen this effect in person but I would say it looks like a combination of fiber optics and possibly a strobe light.

Teebin
01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Hmm.. based on fanatic's post I went and watched a video of it... it was a guy welding and yeah, it looked optics to me. Why did I recall a scene of Rosy Riveter the one time that I went? Guess there never was one.

Has anyone here ever seen pictures of the stages and tracks underneath the audience? I searched the dickens out of it for images but it appears to be quite the secret, short of the very old documentary about it made 30 years ago (which is dreadful Disney kitch, dimples and glittered love).

zbob1992
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Its definitely Rosie doing the welding. I just watched it on Friday.

JungleSkip
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea, it's Rosie welding, talking to a sailor.

Teebin
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Yea, it's Rosie welding, talking to a sailor.

Ok... I skipped through the video without listening. So, under stage pictures... anyone, anyone, anyone...?

zbob1992
01-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok... I skipped through the video without listening. So, under stage pictures... anyone, anyone, anyone...?

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw it is what must below the stage look like? My guess is its like a bunch of arms with an animatronic on each and the arms rotate maybe.

Cwoolboy
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I've actually been under the stage once. REALLY NEAT, it's just CRAMMED FULL of AAs.