PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rides Turned Movies! OH MY!

The Patchman
03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
I am researching for a future article and to ask 4 things.

1. What did you think of all these movies based on the attractions at disney parks? Pirates of the Carribean 1,2, and 3, The Haunted Mansion, and the Country Bears.

2. Can you all please tell me the references to the rides in the films? Cause I may have missed them.

3. Are there any other movies I missed?

4. What do you think the long running Jungle Cruise movie rumor?

ralphoutloud
03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I only know about one reference.

In POTC:At World's End, when they go over the waterfall to get to Davy Jones' Locker, the screen goes black for about 30 seconds and you can hear the ride audio, such as "Deadddddd mennnnnn tellllll noooo tallessssss", and some various other sounds of the ride.

BriMan
03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
The first Pirates had a lot of references to the ride. Haunted Mansion and Country Bears were very awful for me to even pay attention enough.

kirby_is_kyaan
03-22-2008, 03:59 PM
1. As long as they do something that's in the spirit of the ride, like the POTC movies (mostly the first), I'm fine with the movies based on theme parks. However, I've heard that the Haunted Mansion and Country Bears weren't great... a comedy featuring Eddie Murphy is NOT in the spirit of the ride, and animatronic bears don't work on the movie... by the way, I don't think it would be even possible to do a decent movie from the Country Bears-corny jokes can't make a movie. It has been shown before POTC that people can do pirate movies, so that was all right.

2. The dog and the keys... that one is hard to miss. Also, the swamp where Tia Dalma/Calypso lives is similar to that in the beginning of the Disneyland version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

3. I'm not sure.... you might have hit them all.

4. I'm pretty sure that the movie is more or less going to happen, since there's been interviews with higher-up Disney people about the movie. If you wiped my memory about everything I know about the Jungle Cruise movie then told me there would be one, I wouldn't be happy with the idea, seeing as, again, corny jokes can't carry a movie. But with what I know (that it's going to be in the style of Indiana Jones), it could go one of two ways: Either be a worthy competitor to Indiana Jones or be a terrible clone of Indiana Jones.

FGCUSabre
03-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I am researching for a future article and to ask 4 things.

1. What did you think of all these movies based on the attractions at disney parks? Pirates of the Carribean 1,2, and 3, The Haunted Mansion, and the Country Bears.

2. Can you all please tell me the references to the rides in the films? Cause I may have missed them.

3. Are there any other movies I missed?

4. What do you think the long running Jungle Cruise movie rumor?

hehe. you really need to get to the parks so you can experience some of these rides. making reviews about rides you havent been on is like a food critic doing reviews without tasting the food.

your also missing out on a bunch of rides that have been based off movies...peter pan, fantasmic, lion king at epcot, nemo, tea cups, dumbo, 3 calaberos, etc. about 75% of the rides I would guess are based on movies.

Splash mountain is based off a cartoon...i just can't think of the name right now. even big thunder mountain is rumored to get a movie!

Something else to think about is the rides that dont have movies. Will we see an Expedition Everest movie ever? Maybe a Mission Space movie? What about a Test Track Comedy? Dinosaurs Live? Chesters Fun house? Etc....

d a n n y
03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
your also missing out on a bunch of rides that have been based off movies...peter pan, fantasmic, lion king at epcot, nemo, tea cups, dumbo, 3 calaberos, etc. about 75% of the rides I would guess are based on movies.

I think he means the attraction came out before the movie, the movie being based on the attraction.

peaches magee
03-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I think he has been on the rides, he as just asking for all references in the movies that related directly to the ride.
And most movie are based on rides or vice versa but most are animated movies, so they can sometimes go over better.
The ones that Patch is speaking of seem to be all live-action... Pirates was done very well and obviously is successful.
Another reference was (I can't remember his name) drunk and asleep with the pigs. And isn't there a redhead in Tortuga somewhere as well?
I saw Haunted Mansion and yeah... just... no. Never should have been done. At least not like that. There are sooo many stories to the HM and they made it sooo campy when it could have be alot better in so many ways. And I never saw Country Bears... again didn't have the desire...
it looked pretty cheese to me just in trailers. :shrug:

FGCUSabre
03-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I think he means the attraction came out before the movie, the movie being based on the attraction.

that makes a lot more sense. i did not get that idea out of the questions.

well then in that case...:doh: i totally was not thinking of that perspective.

those are the only onles i can think of...besides the big thunder mountain movie rumor

i still think a the expedition everest ride could be cool... :lol:

tiredoldspook
03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Pirates the guy and the Pig good call Peaches.
Yes the dog with the key another good call
Oh I believe in the original they had the guy in the well like the ride.

Haunted mansion was very similar to the ride examples.
Singing Bust, Madame Leonie, Hitch hiking ghost, The ghosts in the graveyard, The line " There is always my way", The House was to be based in Louisiana which is what the Disneyland ride was based on.
The name Gracie who is the owner of the Mansion
The Sance scene, flying Musical Instruments
The ballroom scene.

Yes there will be a Jungle Cruise Movie in the next 2 years. It already has a writer and a producer.

peaches magee
03-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Pirates the guy and the Pig good call Peaches.
Yes the dog with the key another good call
Oh I believe in the original they had the guy in the well like the ride.

Haunted mansion was very similar to the ride examples.
Singing Bust, Madame Leonie, Hitch hiking ghost, The ghosts in the graveyard, The line " There is always my way", The House was to be based in Louisiana which is what the Disneyland ride was based on.
The name Gracie who is the owner of the Mansion
The Sance scene, flying Musical Instruments
The ballroom scene.

Yes there will be a Jungle Cruise Movie in the next 2 years. It already has a writer and a producer.

Yeah well in Haunted Mansion, true all the elements were there... but to me they just made a mess of it.
I kinda dug the spooky singing busts though, they moved strangly, kind neat.
But otherwise... bleh.

d a n n y
03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Not Disney related, but BGE's Corkscrew Hill (I know, wtf, no corkscrews :shrug:) is getting a movie for a think a 2012 release.

ralphoutloud
03-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Splash mountain is based off a cartoon...i just can't think of the name right now.

It's a movie called Song of the South.

d a n n y
03-23-2008, 10:53 AM
It's a movie called Song of the South.

I've heard it's really racist.

The Patchman
03-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Its not racist at all. The only reason the movies so controversial is because in one scene it has images of slavery.

Thanks for all the assistance guys.

tiredoldspook
03-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Well Haunted Mansion should not have been a comedy and it should not have starred Eddie Murphy. I also say it was cursed when they edited Don Knotts out of the film.

BriMan
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Found this for ya, it's for Pirates 1.

three uses of the song "(Yo Ho, Yo Ho) A Pirate's Life for Me" by X. Atencio and George Bruns in the opening scene (sung by young Elizabeth), when Jack and Elizabeth are marooned on the island, and in the end by Jack.

The jail scenes, in which the prisoners try to tempt the dog who holds the key to their cell. Jack says, "That dog is never going to move" - although the movie dog eventually does, the one in the ride doesn't. Jack later tries to tempt it with a bone, as does one of the audio-animatronic pirates in the ride.

The "burning town" sequence, and within it, the redheaded prostitute (who slaps Jack), and the "stuffed pirate" drinking the rum spurting out of a barrel
Jack's initial discovery of Gibbs sleeping with the pigs

The line "Dead men tell no tales", said by the macaw, which is repeated throughout the ride's narration

A quick shot of a skeleton sprawled on the beach of the Isla de Muerta, with a crab nearby

During the raid on the town, seen is a man being dunked into a well.

During the battle scene between the two ships, Black Pearl and the Interceptor Captain Barbosa refers to his crew as "bloomin cockroaches" just like the captain in the ride does when his ship attacks a local town fort.

In Tortuga, we see a pirate drinking rum on top of two barrels and is wobbling just like in the ride.

There are references to cursed treasure in the ride: old pirates speak of cursed treasure and how you probably don't believe in it, and the line "Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure."

The Patchman
03-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks so much, this will really help the article :rep:

allienoves
03-26-2008, 03:16 PM
OMG I never thought of this but what happened to "Tower of Tower"> That was a great TV movie based on a ride!

The Patchman
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I heard everyone hated it, I have seen it once, eh.

It will be a part of the article.

d a n n y
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
It was a fun movie to watch. Like when you have no plans and don't plan on making plans :confused:. Either way I'd give ti a shot :thumbs:

tiredoldspook
03-26-2008, 08:26 PM
The Tower of Terror Movie was the first ride into a movie I think Allie...Good Call

allienoves
03-26-2008, 11:49 PM
The Tower of Terror Movie was the first ride into a movie I think Allie...Good Call

Yey!!! Dude Steve Guttenburg and the plot was cool. They should sell the DVD at the gift shop!

peaches magee
03-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Yey!!! Dude Steve Guttenburg and the plot was cool. They should sell the DVD at the gift shop!

Steve Guttenberg, cool? :look:
Not since the Police Academy days for me. :lol:

But I never got to see the whole ToT flick so I can't talk much actually.

allienoves
03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Steve Guttenberg, cool? :look:
Not since the Police Academy days for me. :lol:

But I never got to see the whole ToT flick so I can't talk much actually.

They usually run it on Disney once in a while, or when they have dcom marathon, or when it is around Halloween.

peaches magee
03-27-2008, 01:55 AM
They usually run it on Disney once in a while, or when they have dcom marathon, or when it is around Halloween.

Yeah, my nephew loved it.
I have seen parts, I remember Kirsten Dunst was in it as well.
I've have to catch it sometime, anything Disney I will give it a whirl :)

tiredoldspook
03-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Steve Guttenbrg.
Now there would be a good topic who is the modern Guttenberg.

BriMan
03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Bill Pullman

peaches magee
03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Bill Pullman

Nah, Guttenberg had loads more cheese to him. Pullman is a bit more subdued I would say.
Hmm... not sure anyone is a modern Guttenberg, can it be matched in this day and age?

BriMan
03-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Nah, Guttenberg had loads more cheese to him. Pullman is a bit more subdued I would say.
Hmm... not sure anyone is a modern Guttenberg, can it be matched in this day and age?

Have you seen Casper? :lol:

OK How about I raise you another Bill, Mr. Paxton?

tiredoldspook
03-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I can't go with Bill Paxton because of his acting in A simple Plan.
He was a good one to go with though.

I am thinking maybe Jack Black