PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil Refurbishment (January 2011)

Tbad556
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney will be closed for refurbishment starting today, January 16 2011 to January 24 2011.

Vyrus
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
A water concept show would be cool, but anything based around fun would have to be a central theme, it can't veer off on a tangent like some Cirque shows do:

(1/18/11) Remember that rumor about a new Cirque du Soleil show under consideration for Walt Disney World? Apparently Cirque has sent out a few survey’s this week to not only get feedback about La Nouba, but also asked a couple of very interesting questions as well.
One asked, “Let’s imagine that Cirque du Soleil opens a new show in Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort, right next to where you attended La Nouba. How likely would you be to attend this new show if you were to go back to the Walt Disney World Resort?”
The other one asked for opinions on several types of show concepts “that Cirque du Soleil could open in Downtown Disney”. The very interesting list of options has been posted below, verbatim.
A show created specifically for kids ages 6-14
A Water Show
An adult sensual cabaret
Another family-friendly show (comparable to La Nouba)
A true classic Cirque du Soleil production
A magic show
A show based on a Hollywood blockbuster movie (like Avatar)
A show based on the Disney characters.

damond.themeparks
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
huh. that was a very interesting survey. i loved the original show,(i saw it first when i was about 6 and it helped inspire me to work in theater.), but some of the things on it would sound pretty cool. i mean the acrobates and the performers are amazing, but adding some more special affects (like water) could be used to create an even better show. im very skepticle about the kids show. disney devotes to children to much, and they shouldnt start babying things down. i see many children who already love the show (while i have to admit that guy with the hunched back scared my little sister whos five, she later loved him on the trampolines) and dont see a change is needed.

a hollywood blockbuster would definetly sound pretty amazing. they used to example avatar, so i could definetly see the ribbon flyers on one of those raptor things from the movie XD. also, that movie has become very iconic in this generation and with the second movie coming out, now would be the time to make a show. a magic show sounds a little average to me. i mean i know that it would probably be great, but thats a little TO much magic after one day in disney. and no more disney characters. thats what the parks are for.

Vyrus
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
huh. that was a very interesting survey. i loved the original show,(i saw it first when i was about 6 and it helped inspire me to work in theater.), but some of the things on it would sound pretty cool. i mean the acrobates and the performers are amazing, but adding some more special affects (like water) could be used to create an even better show. im very skepticle about the kids show. disney devotes to children to much, and they shouldnt start babying things down. i see many children who already love the show (while i have to admit that guy with the hunched back scared my little sister whos five, she later loved him on the trampolines) and dont see a change is needed.

a hollywood blockbuster would definetly sound pretty amazing. they used to example avatar, so i could definetly see the ribbon flyers on one of those raptor things from the movie XD. also, that movie has become very iconic in this generation and with the second movie coming out, now would be the time to make a show. a magic show sounds a little average to me. i mean i know that it would probably be great, but thats a little TO much magic after one day in disney. and no more disney characters. thats what the parks are for.

I've seen a Cirque magic show (Criss Angel) and these 2 elements do not mix well at all. They are better off sticking to something they know that works. A fun memorable show.

They need to take some elements from all of the fun happy shows, and put them into one. Like Alegria, Kooza, Saltimbanco, and Love. All of these shows are about fun, as well as La Nouba, but I think more than anything the clown acts need to be changed around in La Nouba, they just aren't that funny. But Kooza's clown acts were SPECTACULAR.

damond.themeparks
01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I've seen a Cirque magic show (Criss Angel) and these 2 elements do not mix well at all. They are better off sticking to something they know that works. A fun memorable show.

They need to take some elements from all of the fun happy shows, and put them into one. Like Alegria, Kooza, Saltimbanco, and Love. All of these shows are about fun, as well as La Nouba, but I think more than anything the clown acts need to be changed around in La Nouba, they just aren't that funny. But Kooza's clown acts were SPECTACULAR.

ive never been to another cirque show, but ive heard many people say the one at disney is the best. some people say O but mainly the one at disney. and i agree the clowns arent that funny but to some little kids (by some i mean a few) actually get some laughs out of it. its just a kind of cheap laugh to throw in there and give the performers a break and time to change costumes. but they definetly could be funnier.

Vyrus
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I've seen quite a few actually:

Permanent shows: La Nouba, Believe: Criss Angel, O

Touring shows: Alegria, Delirium, Varekai, Corteo, and Kooza just recently.

I also have the DVDs to all of the shows, including the A&E show Solarium that made a story of each of the acts.

La Nouba is definitely in my top 5, with O in the #1 spot, followed by Alegria which is a GREAT touring show and La Nouba would be #3 probably.

damond.themeparks
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I've seen quite a few actually:

Permanent shows: La Nouba, Believe: Criss Angel, O

Touring shows: Alegria, Delirium, Varekai, Corteo, and Kooza just recently.

I also have the DVDs to all of the shows, including the A&E show Solarium that made a story of each of the acts.

La Nouba is definitely in my top 5, with O in the #1 spot, followed by Alegria which is a GREAT touring show and La Nouba would be #3 probably.

you know i did see. touring circus show one time but im not sure it was apart of cirque de sole. it was knd of like what cirque does with the acrobtics and stuff, but we didnt see anything that actually said it was cirque (the show was about good vs. evel or hell vs heaven it was amazing by the way.). but i also think i remember another traveling cirque show that was themed after some traditional asian celebrations. i cant remember if it was cirque or not, but again it was kind of like the traditional cirque show. i also remember there were lion dancers (people dressed as "lions"). i also had a CD with a dragon on it with the music of the show. i dont know if you have heard of either one but they were pretty good. (haha i just realised tha none of what i said had to do with this discussion).

but both shows (especially the second) were very kid freindly yet still fantasic.

jj3352
01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
This show has already been refurbished all of the cirque shows are having there dark weeks! its the slow time of the year for them! La Nouba has 5 more years with us so now is the time to start thinking of the replacement. i hope for a show directed by the man that created ZED.

Disneyhead
01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
damond.themeparks, the show with the lion dancers was most likely Dralion.

damond.themeparks
01-21-2011, 12:20 AM
^^^thaaank you i couldnt remember the name. but anyways that was a wonderful show and they could definetly use some of the stuff in that show.