PDA

View Full Version : 2011: What would you like to see added to OU

BriMan
01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Poll time. The Staff has some ideas, but we would like to know what you, the reader/visitor, would like to see come to Orlando United for 2011.

You can select several options, and please explain why you would want to see it added to the site.

Vyrus
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Hmmm, good question, the site right now is pretty dang good as it is dude, otherwise I wouldn't spend a lot of my work day on here :lol:

jmercer25
01-14-2011, 03:53 PM
What would be available to the OU Shop? Also, I'm pushing for OU Wiki sometime in the future :) I can dream.

BriMan
01-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Shirts, hats, things of that nature.

Vyrus
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I would definitely go for more meet ups, whether at the parks or in the vicinity of whatever city people are living in.

Like a Miami meetup, preferably at a bar, The Pub in Pines, Mr Moes in the Grove, Titanic by UM. In Orlando both at the parks and different locales, etc..

Sideshow Mike
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
A photography section would be great. A lot of people here love photography and they would appreciate a section devoted to it. People can post what kind of camera they are using along with where are the best spots to take pictures in the parks. Columns/Articles would give people the ability to express themselves about the parks and other subjects like movies, games, music, and sports and it would give others something to read. Downloads would just be awesome.

Octobers Fade
01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
^^^What he said photography.

TSSD
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM
There's MORE to add!? It's so amazing already! An OU shop would be cool, and personally, I still like the idea of an OU wiki that popped up a few months ago.

Helena123
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Obviously the site is amazing already but personally I'd love to see a photography section as there are many amazing photographers on these boards. And the shop & trip report section also seem like good ideas to me :thumbs:

TheDecemberists
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Other: the extremely-awesome-and-used-to-exist OU mobile site.

mantaguy
01-14-2011, 09:36 PM
A pictures and videos section would be awesome, as well as an articles/reviews section.

rewster
01-15-2011, 02:02 AM
What would be available to the OU Shop?

Drew had an idea a while back that I think could be a big seller...... OU Staff calendar.

Straight. Up. Hotness.

figment1986
01-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Photography section would rock! we already have a bunch of photographers who share in the photo of the day threads...

Also, Meet Ups would be fun!

Jakemeister
01-15-2011, 08:49 AM
OU Store=Theme Park Coffee Table Book with everyones pictures. I think that'd be awesome. Photography section needs to happen and so do downloads. Oh, and the return of OU Movie night that only me, patchy and Kirby participated in. The 3 of which I think seldom post.

BriMan
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Other: the extremely-awesome-and-used-to-exist OU mobile site.

The home page is mobile. The forums, that's something that may never be. Whereas it's efficient for the regular user, it takes away a lot of Administrator rights for the Staff because it's so basic.

Videos section would be awesome

YouTube.com/OrlandoUnitedOU

Rock'nRoller
01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
OU shop for sure.... I won't mind buying a T-Shirt or a Hat.
Annuel Meet-up at every park in Orlando.....
More live chats...BriMan you didn't add the chat room so it can be abandoned almost ALL THE TIME!!! :lol:
The things Sideshow Mike said.

And the Crazy request: A live web cam for anyone to see when one of you guys go to a theme park (with sound of course!) :lol:

figment1986
01-16-2011, 03:33 AM
And the Crazy request: A live web cam for anyone to see when one of you guys go to a theme park (with sound of course!) :lol:

I dont think we would want sound... because when some of the staff get on rides.. well i don't think we could let kids in there. How do I know... I don't but I am sooo guilty of doing it.

Frogki
01-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Definitely OU shop, I would love to wear an OU hat or T-Shirt when I went to the parks.
Even though I didn't click it, a Photography section would be cool too...
And honestly, I think that meet ups could be very fun (although seeing as I'm 14 that wouldn't happen for me anytime soon xD)...

And just forget about me clicking the other option, that was a slip of my mouse xD...
But I will say, the site is WONDERFUL without any changes, it's a great place to hang out and fun...

damond.themeparks
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
An OU shop would defineltly be popular. If people were to wear it to theme parks,then it would help recongnize this website more and maybe we would catch a the eye of someone who works at a theme park ^_^(I know that's a far fetched but it could happen.)

Adding a trips report page would be nice and a photography page would let people show off pics from their trip or have some videos in it too.

Meet ups sounds really cool as well. I'm fairly new to OU and haven't heard of any (if you guys have done it in the past) so that would also benefit from having t shirts and hats and stuff from the shop. We could all schedule a OU trip (maybe in the summer time and spring break , I wouldn't do Christmas because that's when many people see family.) to a specific park for maybe a week. There could also be a poll as to which parks and what not to go to, but of course there would have to be. Different place every once in a while so we aren't always going to IoA or magic kingdom XD. we could all have our t shirts with OU on them and move as a group and meet up for like lunch and stuff and talk about theme parks. Sounds like fun to me ^_^

Frogki
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
An OU shop would defineltly be popular. If people were to wear it to theme parks,then it would help recongnize this website more and maybe we would catch a the eye of someone who works at a theme park ^_^(I know that's a far fetched but it could happen.)

Adding a trips report page would be nice and a photography page would let people show off pics from their trip or have some videos in it too.

Meet ups sounds really cool as well. I'm fairly new to OU and haven't heard of any (if you guys have done it in the past) so that would also benefit from having t shirts and hats and stuff from the shop. We could all schedule a OU trip (maybe in the summer time and spring break , I wouldn't do Christmas because that's when many people see family.) to a specific park for maybe a week. There could also be a poll as to which parks and what not to go to, but of course there would have to be. Different place every once in a while so we aren't always going to IoA or magic kingdom XD. we could all have our t shirts with OU on them and move as a group and meet up for like lunch and stuff and talk about theme parks. Sounds like fun to me ^_^

Yes, and it would be something that would be quite fun IMO. But I would probably only be able to go like once or twice and only for one day of the trip xD... But yes, OU trips are something that would be really cool...

damond.themeparks
01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Ok yeah I just thought of being on a week long OU trip would be kind of weird XD but I mean there could be like a day or two where we go as a group wearing t shirts and what not to represent OU. Since OU could be bigger, and a great website for theme parks, we could have a day where a group of us would go to Disney and another group to uni and just kind of represent OU. That way, we might get noticed XD (I'm just brainstorming)

damond.themeparks
01-16-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know if someone has already done this, but another idea would be an official OU contest seeing who could design the next best theme park. I got the idea from another theme park website I go to and it was a big hit there (especially considering the small amount of members they have.). I understand that many people would love to do this, so it could be maybe the first 20 or 25 people who sign up. Then, contestants just write their ideas about each specific task (the first task in the other websites contest is to design a dark ride) and people will vote to see who the winner is. The people with the fewest votes are aliminated until we have a winner (normally the last task is to design a theme park.) I think this would be a fun addition to the website.

highfiveandy
01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
It would be nice to have a tribute area and have them organized by ride/show

violarum
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I would love to have a built-in picture uploading system. Something akin to what Tumblr has. That would be really great. :)

Also, bring on the OU shop!!!

Obi Ubamba
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
OU shop, ill buy EVERYTHING!

zbob1992
01-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I like the idea of a special area for Photography as I love seeing the talents of fellow OU members.

BriMan
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I noticed there was a lot of votes for "More Updates" but haven't really heard any discussion about it. So, Discuss! :lol: Let us know what you want more updates of, whether it be of a park, or specific areas.

figment1986
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
since like 17 votes are for the photography forum... how long till we see it? lol

for park updates: I wanna see Holly Land and Gator Land and UCF land... what that last one aint real? darn!

BriMan
01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
since like 17 votes are for the photography forum... how long till we see it? lol

All in due time....All in due time.

:sneaky:

hatetofly
01-25-2011, 11:41 PM
I noticed there was a lot of votes for "More Updates" but haven't really heard any discussion about it. So, Discuss! :lol: Let us know what you want more updates of, whether it be of a park, or specific areas.

I would love to know what people want updates of, come on people speak.

zbob1992
01-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I came up with a really cool idea this morning. It would be like a virtual theme park walkthrough compiled using all the pictures people take while at the parks. For example the one for say Spiderman at IOA would have pictures of first the exterior of the building, then the queue, maybe complete with videos, and then either on ride photos or the actual ride photos that are taken. This would be a large task but I think would be a feature we would all enjoy.

highfiveandy
01-26-2011, 07:46 AM
I just think it would be nice to have a videos section of walking around the parks and on-ride video as well

figment1986
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I just think it would be nice to have a videos section of walking around the parks and on-ride video as well

it would be limited to disney, and some other random attractions at parks... universal has a thing against videos on rides other than seuss trolly...

I'm serious about "Holy land" and "gator land" though :sneaky:

jmercer25
01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
If we can get Monthly Meetups going, I'll renew my AP right now.

Mr MudFish
01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
That HHN chat we had was very fun.
Please do more of that in the future.

TSSD
01-28-2011, 09:42 PM
That HHN chat we had was very fun.
Please do more of that in the future.So was the Disney "Whats next" event. Admittedly, I left before any news came in, so it was pretty much just me trying to make small talk and TBad posting updates on when news would come in, but it was still fun.

Obi Ubamba
01-28-2011, 09:51 PM
So....any news on an OU shop?

BriMan
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Bringing this thread back up to see what you want to see added.

Keep in mind, we are working on adding wallpapers and more awards, so please feel free to suggest any other ideas besides those 2 things.

jtsalien
09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I definitely would want to see an OU Shop. And the more articles/columns the better.

Tbad556
09-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I definitely would want to see an OU Shop. And the more articles/columns the better.

I'm not sure on the status of the Shop, but there are plenty of articles and columns to come. The Adventurer's Guides will continue on and more Theme Parks at Home articles are currently underway. :thumbs:

Tbad556
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
So... no one has suggestions, ideas, thoughts, anything? :inquisitive:

UNIrd
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
We should do a Miami meet-up for everyone that lives around here. There seems to be quite a few of us.

Rock'nRoller
09-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Since HHN is just about here....A OU HHN shirt? :shrug:

hatetofly
09-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Since HHN is just about here....A OU HHN shirt? :shrug:

Love IT!!!

BriMan
09-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Since HHN is just about here....A OU HHN shirt? :shrug: Too late for a shirt.

Jakemeister
09-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Wallpapers?

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Wallpapers?

:iagree:

With the great photographers we have on this site, a wallpaper section would be spectacular, and draw a lot more traffic to the site.

1. Add downloads section.
2. ???
3. Profit.

BriMan
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Ahem...
Bringing this thread back up to see what you want to see added. Keep in mind, we are working on adding wallpapers and more awards, so please feel free to suggest any other ideas besides those 2 things.

Vyrus
09-22-2011, 06:48 PM
If I were you Briman I would add a simple Google adsense banner at the top of the page, and just have it known that whenever any member visits the site they click on it :sneaky: :lol:

But otherwise its pretty good the way it is, nice and simple. The podcast was always fun to listen to but I know time is precious when it comes to that.

BriMan
09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
If I were you Briman I would add a simple Google adsense banner at the top of the page, and just have it known that whenever any member visits the site they click on it :sneaky: :lol:

Apparently, that's not allowed.

BriMan
10-06-2011, 02:39 AM
Awards should be up today.

Any one else with some suggestions?

Octobers Fade
10-06-2011, 08:57 AM
A tag or highlight for the new ones?