PDA

View Full Version : New Downtown Disney nighttime show?

EPCOTcenter
02-27-2010, 09:50 AM
There's a rumor about a new water-show at DTD!
Here's the post of Screamscape:

Downtown Disney News - (2/27/10) Screamscape was sent an interesting rumor about a possible new attraction under consideration for Downtown Disney. From the sounds of things these plans are a long ways off from being given the green light, but Disney is apparently looking into the possibility of putting on some kind of show at night on the water behind West Side and Pleasure Island. Depending on where they put it, the view of the water here may be a limited, unless they opt to demolish a few of the waterside structures in Pleasure Island. I’ve also got to think that the huge Characters in Flight Balloon may very well cause a visual problem as well. As for the show itself… look for the usual suspects of water screens, fire, lights and more, in sync with music.

That Sounds great, but also a bit improbable...

Tbad556
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
DtD needs more entertainment and this could help. Characters in Flight could definitely cause an issue but if they can find away to make it work, I would love to see it open.

Thanks for posting this, Samuele! :rep:

EPCOTcenter
02-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks :thumbs:! I think that they could build a small fake pier, where people can sit down and view the show without the big balloon in front of them...

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/samuele92/d.jpg

violarum
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I think they should try and fix World of Color into a theme park or something, but not Downtown Disney because it wouldn't really give them any substantial profit. On the other hand, I think it would be a great thing to see so many people come to watch this. DTD really isn't the best free place to go if you're in Orlando because it doesn't really have an entertainment factor like Citywalk does. Maybe this could bump it up? I personally am bored now when I go to Citywalk, especially now that LEGO is closed. Characters in Flight? Very cool, but I don't have the money for it. I don't know, this is just me rambling, let's see what Disney has in store for us...

Splatter
02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Disney is not stupid when it comes to business. They are not going to spend tons of money on a water show and to keep it functioning all the time when as said it does not really bring anyone to spend more money there. And even if it did cause a rush in crowds at night not only are many stores closed but traffic would be an issue. Not just the chaos of free parking traffic but the boat traffic will have to be taken into serious consideration.

I am not hoping against it, but being realistic it will not be the scale of something like World of Color.

Getting a Waltzing Waters type show could happen though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITnopl53rA

YETI PINTRADER
02-28-2010, 09:57 AM
This would be really good to have. I fell that anyway Disney can bring people over to the West Side to see what is on the far end there would be good for business. Downtown Disney also has so much being taken away that it finally needs an addition.

Don Pacho
02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
That means that parking at DTD will not be free anymore

YETI PINTRADER
02-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't think so because that is one of the major advertising points of Downtown Disney. It drawls a lot of people to DTD and the lack of a fee is made up for in merch buying.

tideblue
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I agree, a "World of Color"-style show sounds out of place for DTD (though it might fit in with Animal Kingdom.. since it doesn't use pyro). That said, I'd rather Disney spends time making more live entertainment venues in the former Pleasure Island area, almost along the lines of what Citywalk has.

jj3352
05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
id love a water show at downtown disney! it would bring more life back into the west side! i think they should also update disneyquest. and make the old virgin store a half indoor surfing expiecence. theres one at the international mall in tampa. and maybe a haunted attraction on the second floor! Oh i wish

Latveria
05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I'd be shocked if this ever sees the light of day.

Broadwayj1
01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I think they should build some regular theaters for there hit broadway shows like lion king, or beast. They could even make the theatre look like a castle for beast and hold the broadway show. I think it would be a major hit.

--- Update ---

They could also bring the water parade over, or really do a big water parade, that would bring in a ton of people for it. And would make the water parade a thing people actually see and not just in passing as they are trying to leave the park

Vyrus
01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I think they should build some regular theaters for there hit broadway shows like lion king, or beast. They could even make the theatre look like a castle for beast and hold the broadway show. I think it would be a major hit.

--- Update ---

They could also bring the water parade over, or really do a big water parade, that would bring in a ton of people for it. And would make the water parade a thing people actually see and not just in passing as they are trying to leave the park

There is a current rumor that the old Virgin Megastore location where the current Ridemakerz store is could be transformed into a theater to house current and former Disney broadway productions.

Broadwayj1
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Right on. Had no clue. But I must say I do miss the virgin store. Now all we need is to move the water parade. Haha

Rock'nRoller
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
:lol: I wouldn't mind but then again....CROWDS!!!!

samuraiblue
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
:lol: I wouldn't mind but then again....CROWDS!!!!

But lets be honest... the crowds are already INSANE out there at times...

Rock'nRoller
01-16-2011, 05:24 PM
But lets be honest... the crowds are already INSANE out there at times...

Thats my point, if they add something more on a wider area that is probetly only seen once a day...You can image.