PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours Test

FGCUSabre
02-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Extra Magic Hours are available to Disney Resort guests at select theme parks on select days. When resort guests enter the park for evening Extra Magic Hours, they go to a designated location for a wrist band. This easily identifies them as a resort guest to Cast Members.

One of the difficulties, especially for the evening Extra Magic Hour, has been clearing the park of non-resort guests. Walt Disney World will test a new procedure from February 24 - 29, 2008. Each Disney Resort Guest will need to carry (and show) their valid Disney Resort Key to the World Card for access to the theme parks for evening Extra Magic Hours. Wristbands will not be issued. Be sure to have your Resort ID available as you enter any attractions.

Has anyone here been a part of the test? I am not sure how it would help. Atleast the wrist band was a visual indicator if you are supposed to be there or not. No wrist band = no admission. It seems to me - that if they just show their id - at night it is usually so dark...is a CM really going to make sure the dates are valid?

PLUS i have been to the resorts where my keys were not ready or the machine was down. So they give blank cards. hmmm....I could sell those on ebay now!!!

The only way I could see this working...is that along with the new fast pass machines that will scan the fast passes rather than an employee look at them...they also have machines that can scan guest resort ids. Then this idea...might work...

Sledge
02-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Seems annoying to have to whip out every time you get in line for a ride. I'm interested to see where they go with this and what the point of this is. Seemed flawless before.

disneybaby
02-26-2008, 03:04 AM
I think they should enforce a good beating to whoever shouldn't be on the rides during EMH's... lol

But seriously, flashin the card- is stupid and troublesome. There wont be many who will have fake wristbands...and if someone doesn't have one on- they should TELL them to get one or leave. Simple as that. Idk.

FGCUSabre
02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
yea...i agree with everyone here :) just wanted to pass some good old disney news!

i just think its so dumb on one day they say how showing a fast pass is too time consuming and troublesome...then the EMH is the same thing and will create more problems.

Allearsnet had reviews saying people were being let on to rides without showing their ids...or people were not checking closely. so...sees to be a failed disney mission! atleast it was not rolled out large scale...YET!