PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Aquarium Restaurant

DisneyFanKevin
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
From Screamscape.. It sounds interesting!

Remember that rumor about an Aquarium Restaurant coming to Downtown Disney that was eyeballing the old Virgin Megastore? The latest update to the rumor claims that they are actually more interested in building a new structure in the old Pleasure Island area that would involve the demolition of one of the old nightclub buildings. It seems they may be looking at a couple of possible locations however, though the Mannequins site is said to be one of them.

Disneyhead
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
From the folks that brought you Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex Cafe, and Yak & Yeti:

http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/aquariumnashville/index.html

Tbad556
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Finally some decent news heading Downtown Disney's way. I wouldn't mind checking this out once if it does end up happening. Thanks for posting, Disneyboi! :rep:

rewster
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Although I'd like this theme better than any of the others..... the last thing DTD needs is another restaurant.

Splatter
02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Are you kidding? This is what Downtown Disney totally needs. Dining with an animal gimmik theme of some kind. Lot's of fake nature with large fish tanks around some of the dining areas! But the food has to be similar to the others.

Back in my day we called this idea The Living Seas.

rewster
02-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Are you kidding? This is what Downtown Disney totally needs. Dining with an animal gimmik theme of some kind. Lot's of fake nature with large fish tanks around some of the dining areas! But the food has to be similar to the others.

Back in my day we called this idea The Living Seas.

:lol: yeah, somehow that all sounds vaguely familiar.........

snoman
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
You all are right, it's been done. But as a true sucker for any type of themed out, average quality restaurant, sign me up! :whoo:

UNIrd
02-12-2010, 12:38 AM
You all are right, it's been done. But as a true sucker for any type of themed out, average quality restaurant, sign me up! :whoo:

:lol:

SpyderDan
02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Somewhat off topic, but I read a great blog posting on Orlando Attractions Magazine's website. It was a letter to the editor who was reminsicing about Pleasure Island and stuff. It's a great read. This news just kind of reminded me of how much that area has changed over the years. Sad.

Bocabear
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
It is just another packaged themed chain restaurant...the same place you can eat at in other cities all over the country...No thanks! why not a new or original concept.. What about turning the old Adventurer's club into a themed restaurrant...to the Adventurer's Club...anyting but another loud flashy garish restaurant like T-Rex. The food was not bad but you cant even have a convesation with the noise level of the animatronics et-al.
Whatever happened to original Disney experiences?

Roll N Fear
02-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I think I'll stick with Coral Reef over at Epcot.

StarTrekGeek
08-21-2010, 07:05 PM
From Screamscape.. It sounds interesting!

That would be an amazing addition to Downtown Disney! I hope it happens!

My thoughts exactly.

Mr MudFish
08-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I get hours of entertainment watching fish :D!
So i think its a pretty good idea!

Andrew Ryan
08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Wow Disney always makes the best ideas... First a movie themed park (USF),an animal themed park (BGT), and now an aquarium restaurant (SW) i wonder how they get all these great ideas! These imagineers are very creative.
With all jokes aside i would love to see this come true as i visit DD as often as i could and now a new place to eat i hope it doesn't become a rip off like the other restaurants in DD *cough*T-REX cafe*cough*

Mr MudFish
08-22-2010, 03:18 PM
They should have an underground themed resturant. That would be cool :D

SpyderDan
08-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Wow Disney always makes the best ideas... First a movie themed park (USF)

MGM-Studios opened the year before.

BriMan
08-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Wow Disney always makes the best ideas... First a movie themed park (USF),an animal themed park (BGT), and now an aquarium restaurant (SW)

As SpyderDan said, USF - 1990; MGM - 1989. An Animal themed park was something Disney always dreamed of doing. In fact, the Jungle Cruise was supposed to include real animals. Obviously due to safety issues (After all, it was the 50's), it didn't happen. As far
as the Aquarium restrauant, Disney has had the Coral Reef Restaurant over at Epcot since 1982. Sharks Underwater Grill opened within the past decade.

rewster
08-25-2010, 02:21 AM
An Animal themed park was something Disney always dreamed of doing. In fact, the Jungle Cruise was supposed to include real animals. Obviously due to safety issues (After all, it was the 50's), it didn't happen.

I remember reading something funny about this. Walt wanted real animals, including a cheetah. Someone pointed out to him that the boats would be within 10 feet of them, and they can leap 15 feet. He said something along the lines of: "Good, so they'll jump past the boat."

Andrew Ryan
09-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Well universal over in Hollywood was before or during Walt Disney World was established...

BriMan
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Back on topic, please.

:lol:

TTARider
09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I remember reading something funny about this. Walt wanted real animals, including a cheetah. Someone pointed out to him that the boats would be within 10 feet of them, and they can leap 15 feet. He said something along the lines of: "Good, so they'll jump past the boat."

Actually.. Safety was never the real factor... The biggest problem was that animals tend to sleep all day and not be as 'active' during the touring portions of the parks operational day.. safety may have been a concern as well.. but the primary reason was the animals would be quite boring during the day..

See: The Safaris..

rewster
09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Actually.. Safety was never the real factor... The biggest problem was that animals tend to sleep all day and not be as 'active' during the touring portions of the parks operational day.. safety may have been a concern as well.. but the primary reason was the animals would be quite boring during the day..

See: The Safaris..

:lol: Yeah, that too, and that was mentioned in what I was reading. I'm waiting for the day I actually see a lion standing up on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. :lol:

BriMan
09-11-2010, 02:40 PM
:lol: Yeah, that too, and that was mentioned in what I was reading. I'm waiting for the day I actually see a lion standing up on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. :lol:

I've seen it once. It was glorious. I compare it to seeing Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster.