PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Strips!?

Tenny317
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, so we might have a problem, well a problem for me anyways!! There is a rumor that chicken strips are being phased out!!! This is terrible!! I'm in love with the strips and am very upset. Anybody have any positive news about this or I guess not good news. Anyone know what's going on?

peaches magee
02-25-2008, 08:01 PM
:yikes: Chicken strips are being phased out all over the world??
Or just in the parks? :lol:

ralphoutloud
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Just in all of WDW as of now.

Sledge
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I saw them at Liberty Inn over at American Adventure today. Even if they are going to be phased out, they'll be having Chicken Nuggets which apparently taste exactly like the Strips, but half the size.

d a n n y
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Why are they doing this?

Roll N Fear
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Chicken Strips have a big following!!! Theres like an underground cult of chicken strip worshipers. They will not be happy.:mad:

FGCUSabre
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
WHAT??? I told alex today how much i want chicken strips when we go. I said i do not one burger on our trip!!!! GRRRRR....

Eat More Chicken!!!! Cows need to join the fight to save the Strips!!!

kristilovesdw
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Haha they're the same only smaller right... I mean seriously is it that big of a deal to some people?? I prefer the nuggets not that it matters, guess I just don't get it :shrug:

FGCUSabre
02-25-2008, 11:36 PM
ill have to taste them first. it all depends on how good they are. i like chicken strips...cause its usually a better piece of chicken...and nuggets...well...sometimes you dont know whats in them. lol...

disneybaby
02-26-2008, 03:06 AM
This is bad, very bad... I gave up red meat back in september (ALL I ate was steak in Disney World, and I seriously think I got sick of it- literally).

we NEED OUR CHICKEN STRIPS!

Mt. Drew
02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
This is madness. That's all I usually eat for a quick bite.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-26-2008, 06:10 PM
This is madness.

THIS IS SPARTA/DISNEY WORLD/A COUNTRY WHERE BUSH IS PRESIDENT! Okay, now that I have that out of the way, I am sad. I thought they were pretty good when I had them, and don't consider nuggets the same thing. For example, I hate the chicken nuggets at McDonald's, but wouldn't mind eating the chicken selects. The host of one podcast (Inside the Magic) must be very, very, very mad right now... :look:

FGCUSabre
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
i just thought about this...the nugets must be healthier (baked) and also nuggets can be cheaper.

Sledge
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Brian and I spent the day at Epcot and tried these new Chicken Nuggets. They taste exactly the same as the Strips, same texture and all, just smaller. If anyone complains about this, they are crazy. If anything I thought they were better and easier to dip and eat. :lol:

You know I love ya guys, but here's what all the silly worrying is about:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4457/chicken1vb0.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2628/chicken2ui2.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/527/chicken3hz5.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5439/chicken4id7.jpg

FGCUSabre
02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
oh...those look better than expected. those look like mini strips...not nuggets shaped like boots or circles. heck even the nuggets shaped like spongebob were weird.

BriMan
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
The strips were quite delicious. Sledge needed 7 ketchup cups for them.:lol:

FGCUSabre
02-26-2008, 09:16 PM
now that you say that brian - i was just thinking a few weird things

1) why is there so much ketchup - which you answered
2) i like how ou is prob the first disney site in internet history - to take chicken nuggets as an exclusive photo shoot
3) how was your guys day? was it just you 2 - did anyone else join in?

Sledge
02-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey. I love me some ketchup, and I ran out of fries so I ended up wasting two of those ketchup cups. Oops. :lol:

kirby_is_kyaan
02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm still going to call them strips, but those look delicious. Great job on the exclusvie photos!

/sarcasm

BriMan
02-26-2008, 10:05 PM
now that you say that brian - i was just thinking a few weird things

1) why is there so much ketchup - which you answered
2) i like how ou is prob the first disney site in internet history - to take chicken nuggets as an exclusive photo shoot
3) how was your guys day? was it just you 2 - did anyone else join in?

1. Ask Him....:lol:

2. We thought the same thing.

3. Just us 2. We encountered the one and only...Figzilla.

Sledge
02-26-2008, 10:27 PM

The funny thing is tonight we broke our "Most users ever online" and half of the people were looking at this Chicken Strip thread. :lol: Crazy.

Tenny317
02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
well i feel a little better about my chicken finger life! those look pretty similar and better then what I was thinking! I def thought this was going to be like a dinky mcd chicken nugget

im so happy with the pics!

and thank me for the over dosage of people ;)

d a n n y
02-27-2008, 07:39 AM
I am relieved :lol:

The Patchman
02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
best thread ever....rep!

Pictures of chicken strips?!??!?!?!?!? Chicken Strips Rumors??!?!?!?!??!

CHICKEN STRIPS UNITED! YOUR NUMBER 1 SOURCE FOR CHICKEN STRIPS!

:lol: jk

I have had no chicken strips at wdw. Interesting thread.

BriMan
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
best thread ever....rep!

Pictures of chicken strips?!??!?!?!?!? Chicken Strips Rumors??!?!?!?!??!

CHICKEN STRIPS UNITED! YOUR NUMBER 1 SOURCE FOR CHICKEN STRIPS!

:lol: jk

I have had no chicken strips at wdw. Interesting thread.

The funny thing is when we sat down to eat, we were talking about how this is "gonna break all forum records" sarcastically. Who would of guessed it did...:lol:

ralphoutloud
02-27-2008, 01:51 PM
So, I think we're all in unison, we are relieved to have our strips of chicken, you crazy mouse you.

Beachgurl
02-27-2008, 02:24 PM
They destroyed our chicken caesar salads and now they've shrunk the chicken strips! What's next? :'(

kirby_is_kyaan
02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
They destroyed our chicken caesar salads and now they've shrunk the chicken strips! What's next? :'(

Don't worry, there's more of them to make up for the shrinking... unless that was the exact same amount from before. :yikes:

FGCUSabre
02-27-2008, 09:26 PM
The funny thing is tonight we broke our "Most users ever online" and half of the people were looking at this Chicken Strip thread. :lol: Crazy.

no joke!

i just looked at the whos online...there are 29 people only with 20 guest. 9 of them are looking at this thread....was this posted on disboards or what? heh

chunkymonkey
02-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow….people must really like chicken strips to seem so obsessed…I think the parks need a healthier option…if they have one, I’ve never seen it…

kirby_is_kyaan
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
They do, but I'm pretty sure most little kids are going to choose fries as a side over apple slices.

peaches magee
02-28-2008, 05:34 PM
They do, but I'm pretty sure most little kids are going to choose fries as a side over apple slices.

Not my kid, he'd pick apples... he hates fries.
:confused:
I know, what the crap, right?!

kirby_is_kyaan
02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Not my kid, he'd pick apples... he hates fries.
:confused:
I know, what the crap, right?!

:confused: Agreed. Something's wrong with your kid.

FGCUSabre
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
hah. i goto mcdonalds and order happy meals for myself and i get apple dippers. :-X

when i am really hungry i will get the big "mighty kids meal". :P

peaches magee
02-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Actually there is something very right with him not eating that nastiness.

He used to like them when he as younger, now he hates all things potatoes, except tater tots. :shrug:

Jakemeister
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
hah. i goto mcdonalds and order happy meals for myself and i get apple dippers. :-X

when i am really hungry i will get the big "mighty kids meal". :P

No McNuggets, no Big Macs bro?

FGCUSabre
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
the kids meal comes with 4 nuggets. the mighty kids has 6 nuggets and a larger drink. both come also with 2.5 mcdonalds cookies and a cool toy!

i will sometimes get a big mac if i am really hungry though...but i try to limit my mcdonalds intake.

Jakemeister
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
the kids meal comes with 4 nuggets. the mighty kids has 6 nuggets and a larger drink. both come also with 2.5 mcdonalds cookies and a cool toy!

i will sometimes get a big mac if i am really hungry though...but i try to limit my mcdonalds intake.
Fast food is bad for you....Subway is good though.

peaches magee
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM

Dude, we NEVER get cookies. Got a pack of them in a Happy Meal a couple weeks ago and looked at it like it was an ancient artifact.
It's beyond rare now :shrug:

chunkymonkey
02-29-2008, 08:18 AM

Chicken strips/nuggets are not healthy at all. I prefer my kid not to eat fries or anything fried. Especially if we are out and about. Fried foods make you feel bloated and tired. If there was a choice between fries or carrots and celery; my kid would get the carrots and celery. Most of the time when we go to Burger King to play on the bounce house she orders a salad. Donít get me wrong, I still let her eat fried chicken and fries when she chooses, but I wish the choice was not there. Unfortunately, fried foods are the most affordable and easily available choices when youíre out. I think thatís a shame and itís probably why America is so fatÖ.

Sledge
02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I think thatís a shame and itís probably why America is so fatÖ.
You ever notice that a lot of the adult male theme park fans aren't exactly skin and bones? Not saying we're all huge, but there aren't many of us that are super skinny with abs (except me :look:). I'm sure there's a connection with the theme park food. :lol:

BriMan
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
You ever notice that a lot of the adult male theme park fans aren't exactly skin and bones? Not saying we're all huge, but there aren't many of us that are super skinny with abs (except me :look:). I'm sure there's a connection with the theme park food. :lol:

Yea 12 pack abs...:lol:

Sledge
02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
It's a keg. I'm an overachiever.

peaches magee
02-29-2008, 03:10 PM

haha very true... but what IS it with theme parks? They make you like hungry all freakin day. Or is it just me? :look:
I think it is just like a overload of goodies all over the place.

Jakemeister
02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Jason what the hell are you talking about me and all the T.P.T. members are Body Builders. Ralph goes to my gym also, don't you Ralph?

Tenny317
03-04-2008, 04:32 PM
i think we are always hungry at theme parks bc they are pumping in the WONDERFUL smells!! I mean the popcorn smell is pumped in and everything is EVERYWHERE and you just want everything!! Not to mention you are going ALL day, walking around and standing on lines. If you are up super early too, that makes you even more hungry. When people are on vacation they usually don't pay attention to fat or calories or the 5 food groups. Well I know I don't!! Vacation is just that VACATION!

FGCUSabre
03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
hah...i actually ordered the kids meal chicken nuggets at mgm on this trip cause i was trying not to stuff myself and it was decent sized. we had an early dinner planned at mama melroses.