PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see next for OU?

BriMan
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Now that we have upgraded the site (still working on what we should do with the main page), what features would you like to see come OU's way. We do have the Blog section, however it's a lot less busy then we anticipated. Please, share with us your thoughts. If the site is going to get better, feedback helps a lot. Please do not hesitate to share your opinion.

DisneyFanKevin
01-17-2010, 12:35 AM
I would love a section about me. :lol: Kidding.

But, seriously, another game or contest could be a mad idea. :D

Tbad556
01-17-2010, 12:41 AM
I'd like to see another tournament like the Tournament of Awesome. More contests like the Hidden Userbar Contest would be cool too. Basically what Disneyboi said :lol:.

rewster
01-17-2010, 12:44 AM
I'd like to see another tournament like the Tournament of Awesome.

yup.

BriMan
01-17-2010, 12:46 AM
I'd like to see another tournament like the Tournament of Awesome. More contests like the Hidden Userbar Contest would be cool too. Basically what Disneyboi said :lol:.

It would essentially be a retread of the tournament. We're going to get a lot of the same results.

Tbad556
01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
There are plenty of other topics we could probably use. There could be a special events one, HHN houses or scarezones, rides not used in the first one, shows, or any other topic you can think of. I just feel that it was a fun, interactive event on the forums plus it brought in a lot of members.

Jmaff
01-17-2010, 12:50 AM
May someone elaborate on the Tourney of Awesome? I've never heard of it lol.

Tbad556
01-17-2010, 12:56 AM
It was a bracketed tournament where we would vote on which attraction was better until we got down to a winner.

Here's what it looked like:
http://www.orlandounited.com/images/full.jpg

BriMan
01-17-2010, 12:58 AM
There are plenty of other topics we could probably use. There could be a special events one, HHN houses or scarezones, rides not used in the first one, shows, or any other topic you can think of. I just feel that it was a fun, interactive event on the forums plus it brought in a lot of members.

HHN Houses/Scarezones tournament was already done on another website. Shows and Special events, not a whole lot to chose from and rather a bland topic to vote about to be honest. Our last tourney had 64 attractions, I'm not going to start another tourney of the same size just to "it's a small world" gets a shot at the crown. :lol:

rewster
01-17-2010, 02:20 AM
On the topic of the tournament : I agree doing another so soon would be redundant. But personally I do think a sort of "2nd annual" one would be cool near the end of the year? That way, if nothing else, the current year's newcomers (like Jmaff above) could get in on the fun, have a fresh vote, and - who knows? - change the outcome with a new winner..... :shrug:

BriMan
01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
On the topic of the tournament : I agree doing another so soon would be redundant. But personally I do think a sort of "2nd annual" one would be cool near the end of the year? That way, if nothing else, the current year's newcomers (like Jmaff above) could get in on the fun, have a fresh vote, and - who knows? - change the outcome with a new winner..... :shrug:

Yeah, if it were to come back, it's definitely going to be something done in the future. It would be sort of senseless to have another tournament 3 months after the winner was decided. :lol:

mantaguy
01-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Just being curious because I joined after the Tourney, but who was the origanal winner?

rewster
01-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Just being curious because I joined after the Tourney, but who was the origanal winner?

It was Spiderman...... Another interesting note, if another tourney was done later then Harry Potter's new ride would be in the mix......

mantaguy
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
It was Spiderman.
I should've guessed. Who dosn't love Spider-Man?

BriMan
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
It was Spiderman...... Another interesting note, if another tourney was done later then Harry Potter's new ride would be in the mix......

Wow, totatally slipped my mind. I don't know how that never even donned on me. :bonk:

Well, I guess we know who would win the next tourney then. I just saved bunch of time. :lol:

BriMan
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I should've guessed. Who dosn't love Spider-Man?

The Sinister Syndicate. J Jonah Jameson....

:lol:

mantaguy
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
The Sinister Syndicate. J Jonah Jameson....

:lol:
Haha, wow I know that but I meant the ride.

The_Bled
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
yup.

I'm in line still. O:-) :lol:

BriMan
01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
So no thoughts, eh? :lol:

The_Bled
01-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Just a bit of screen stretching capibillities only for the reason that my screens a little old. That and the old school arcade compotitions we had almost everything we had was fun! :) Besides that, OU seems so perfect for now! :thumbs: Oh and more meet-ups and such I could help organize those! :thumbs: I love OrlandoUnited itself right now! :D

mantaguy
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
How 'bout a videos section? I need something to do while I wait for responses! :lol:

BriMan
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Let's bump this thread as we have done somethings in the past 8 months, and you guys might wanna see more.

Vyrus
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Hmmm....you should add a columns section with a couple of choice people (I would volunteer) to write articles/blogs about theme parks, movies, and just general stuff. :thumbs:

Sideshow Mike
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Hmmm....you should add a columns section with a couple of choice people (I would volunteer) to write articles/blogs about theme parks, movies, and just general stuff. :thumbs:

This sounds like a good idea. Movie and game reviews could be featured as well as sports news.