PDA

View Full Version : Segway lawsuit against Disney...

FGCUSabre
02-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Segway lawsuit against Disney....dismissed

Published: Feb. 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM
-- A federal judge in Florida has thrown out a lawsuit that claimed Disney World discriminated against the disabled by banning Segways.

U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell dismissed the suit on the technical grounds that the three plaintiffs had not shown they actually planned to visit Disney World, the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel reported. One of the three has multiple sclerosis, one Lou Gehrig's disease and the third is missing a foot.

Disney World argued that the motorized stand-up scooters could be dangerous maneuvering through crowds in its parks, especially if used by people not trained to operate them. Its lawyers also said that motorized wheelchairs and sit-down scooters are allowed.

The plaintiffs had sought to have the lawsuit certified as a class action.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/21/segway_lawsuit_against_disney_dismissed/8616/

We all knew this was going to happen!

Sledge
02-22-2008, 12:00 AM
This was pretty stupid. Until Segways are more common place in the world this is never going to happen. The people had to know this was stupid and were just looking for something from Disney.

tiredoldspook
02-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Sledge I agree. They have plenty of scooters why add another item to run you over. Segways are not crowd friendly that is why they never really took off. Also Most of the scooter crowd can't stand that long.

I am waiting for them to make a scooter land, I refuse to comment on the buffet.

Beachgurl
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing ever. I'd like to find the complainers that filed this lawsuit and slap them across the face.

What makes them so much better than everyone else that they can't just use a wheelchair or ECV? :mad: