PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cast Members left out in the cold

FGCUSabre
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
A cold front is moving through Central Florida and some employees at Walt Disney World said they're not looking forward to it.

They say their required uniforms are designed for hot weather and when it gets cold the company won't allow them to add layers to stay warm. The employees claim while jackets are available, they aren't very warm and Disney doesn't have enough that fit properly.

"I got in trouble for wearing a sweatshirt. We are all huddled in a corner, trying to keep each other warm," said one employee who did not want to be identified.

Disney claims it provides adequate costumes for all weather conditions and has warm jackets available for all employees.

http://www.wftv.com/news/15339948/detail.html

d a n n y
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
What do you guys think as cold? 50:lol:

kirby_is_kyaan
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Are you kidding? That's freezing!

Jakemeister
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
What do you guys think as cold? 50:lol:
Most Floridians do. I love it when it's 50 and breezy though. 30-49 sucks to me though but that is from living in NC for IDK my whole life. But think about it this way what if you one of the foreigners working in Morocco at the World Pavilion I honestly think you would find 50's and 40's really cold.

peaches magee
02-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I love the cold. But being outside in it and not properly dressed, does suck.
But some of their uniforms actually look far too warm for the hot weather I always think. But they should provide warm jackets for them, because it can get very cold up there. I have been there when it had dipped into the 30's before and with the windchill... pretty brutal.

d a n n y
02-20-2008, 09:36 PM
True, I didn't think about it like that. I've been use to it all my life, it sucks when there is a blizzard, schold open, and I have to walk. I play hockey at an outdoor rink sometimes, and my friend wore shorts :lol: And it was 25 degrees out.

ralphoutloud
02-20-2008, 09:53 PM
It's 24 and snow and ice covered in Atlantic City, NJ right now, be thankful. Haha.

peaches magee
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
A breezy and beautiful 69 degrees tonight here in Palm Beach FLA :P

FGCUSabre
02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I grew up in Buffalo - So I know Cold weather. I would walk to school in Blizzards and take 3 buses just to get to school! Literally! At the football games we would go into the freezers to warm up!

Now that I live in FLA it does get cold in the 50's. Are bodies just get used to the weather. It is like if you come to FLA in the summer...you might think its hot and humid when to us is is just warm.

If you dont have the right cloths - it can be cold...